Screen guard apply by self or professional shop??

1. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2015

chaitanyakhaitan , Jan 7, 2015 :
    Did you guys apply the screen guard by yourself?

I have received the bepak 9h today ordered from Banggood. My only worry is bubbles and damaging the screen guard itself. It's taken almost 25 days for it to reach me.

Any suggestions?

2. jaferiqbal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2015

jaferiqbal , Jan 7, 2015 :
    You can do it yourself its pretty easy.
    Just follow instructions on pack and watch some YouTube videos n you are good to go

3. havoc23
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2015

havoc23 , Jan 7, 2015 :
    I took it to a professional store and they did it for free. If you're usually butter fingers when it comes to this kind of stuff, better to just get it done by someone who does this day in and day out.
    Particularly in your case where you spent Rs.450 and waited for 25 days. You don't want that to go in vain.

ash621 and midnightwolfy like this.
  4. Harish19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2015

Harish19 , Jan 7, 2015 :
    I suggest you to go for shop...
    I fixed mine by myself
    You had a question or nervous thought on this or that so I opt u to go for shop don't waste the TG by experimenting yourself..;)

5. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

chaitanyakhaitan , Jan 8, 2015 :

I agree with you. But in India do these guys have any experience with tempered screen protectors? They have given wet wipe, dry cloth, some stickers etc etc. Will the guys here even use all that stuff??

6. jags
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2015

jags , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Yeah bro. The shop I went to knew his job.
    And tempered glass is easier to apply than normal screen guards.
    You simply have to place it correctly and drop it.
    It sticks by itself.
    The shop I went to charged me rs 50 for installation. But then again, you'd rather pay that than waste an expensive screen guard

7. imTSS
    KitKat Jan 8, 2015

imTSS , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Take it to a shop. They charge 50bucks but they do the job perfectly

8. KaustavMUFC
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

KaustavMUFC , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Which shop man...Cn u gv me the details

9. wordlife3
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2015

wordlife3 , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Applied the TG myself. No issues faced.
    You just need to be a bit more patient and know the steps correctly.

10. gowtham
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

11. talluri

12. ghitesh

ghitesh , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Just watch some video, specific to bepak. You'll know what all the box contents are for.

And do it in a closed room, without any fans.

chaitanyakhaitan likes this.
  13. ravo
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2015

ravo , Jan 8, 2015 :
    the tempered doesn't leave any bubbles. they are self adjustable. apply it yourself.

14. ravo
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2015

ravo , Jan 8, 2015 :
    what was the total cost in importing the screen protector?

15. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

It cost me Rs. 320.67/- :D. There was some post in this forum how to order and also how to get discount from banggood. The tempered protector has reached in 27 days, looks original only.

16. jags

jags , Jan 8, 2015 :
    I live in calcutta. In elgin road there's a shop called masterjee. I went there only.

17. jags

jags , Jan 8, 2015 :
    You can check by using the scratch code and entering on the official bepak site

18. puneetmanchanda89
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2015

puneetmanchanda89 , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Tempered glass usually does not leave any bubbles. You can check some relevant videos on Youtube and do it yourself.

Good luck!

19. zeus.01.01.01.01
    Lollipop Jan 8, 2015

zeus.01.01.01.01 , Jan 8, 2015 :
    tempered glass is very easy to install compared to a screen guard .. it has the self applying adhesive which results in perfect installation if u apply it properly ..
    and with the installation kit supplied the job becomes even more easier .. just watch some videos before applying
    also guys in the store r generally more comfortable with normal screen guard rather than tempered glass .. so its ur call but i advice u to do it by urself
    at the starting i too feared of getting an improper installation but it turned out to be very simple if u follow the instructions wisely.

20. chaitanyakhaitan
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

I will try it on myself. Hope it goes well or it would just be a waste of 27 days
    Haha I went there only. He asked me for 100 bucks. I was in no mood to bargain.

He took out my screen guard. Did not even look at all the wet wipes and cloth. Took his own liquid and wiping cloth. Rubbed it for precisely 4 seconds and then started applying the screen guard. I looked in shoceTuEEW5nk that my screen protector is gone. He applied it and then just pressed in the middle and the screen guard automatically fit in place. The entire process took exactly 15 seconds. I gave 100 bucks and left.

In all a waste of the money.