Screen have some Water mark via OnePlus Nord CE

1. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2022

Rusaiq , via OnePlus Nord CE , Jan 25, 2022 :
    Today my screen display was replaced and i got this water mark in the display after i came from office and check and notice this. Is that issue? This may occurre any problem in future, should i need to replace it again or else change my whole unit again.. Before i changed the display due to Black spot in my TV. Now again i got this water mark inside the display..
    Any Suggestion from Oneplus Expert for further assisstance!
    1643129266793.jpg

1643129266980.jpg
    This is 5 months old TV only under warranty.. So i need to know that this may occurre problem in future or normal or unit issue?

2. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 25, 2022

Best Answer
    Tobikage , Jan 25, 2022 :
    Repairs / Replacements have a warranty as well so you should be covered.
    You may have to wait till they get new parts again....but....Push for an immediate replacement !

@Venky61 seen this before ?
    Bad replacement panel or just a bad job by the tech ?

Rusaiq likes this.
  3. Tobikage

4. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2022

5. Tobikage

Tobikage , Jan 25, 2022 :
    Would you be happy looking at that ?

It looks completely unacceptable man !
    File a request for replacement again.

Who signed off on that repair job ? You should've asked the people at home to not sign off on it under any circumstances.

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2022

Rusaiq , via OnePlus Nord CE , Jan 25, 2022 :
    Okay. Thank you so much. In my home, no one is knowledgable about this. So i came to know about this after reached from office

7. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 25, 2022

8. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 26, 2022

Venky61 , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Sure..
    First of all, see if the screen has a protective layer sticked to it. I can see from the top portion that you did not remove the protective layer yet. Remove it gently and make sure to record it while doing for safe side. If you see the marks even after removing the protective layer, then contact CS and raise a complaint about it. Share the pictures with them. Then you can share your Reference/ Complaint ID through which the Screen was replaced. And also the complaint ID that they give you now for replacement. They should replace it and would be under warranty.

Have not seen such a thing in a newly replaced one. But mostly looks like air trapped between the screen and protection layer... Just a wild guess. Let's hope that's the case.

Tobikage and KluGe like this.
  9. KluGe
    Lollipop Jan 26, 2022

KluGe , Jan 26, 2022 :
    I can clearly see in your pictures that he protection layer is still attached.

Just remove it and everything is good ...
    Start at the green strip on top and pull it down. ;)

No problem. No warranty issue.

Is this your first device with a protected surface? :mad:

Tobikage likes this.
  10. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 26, 2022

Tobikage , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Best cse scenario. :p

I'd assume the service tech would remove it....coz.. keeping a plastic layer on isn't the best thing for electronics that nornally heat up during operation.

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 26, 2022

Venky61 , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Yea... But either it's the user's request not to remove them or the technician being lazy, I have seen an year Old TVs still left with Energy rating stickers... How can one watch the TV with it :mad:

KluGe and Tobikage like this.
  12. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022

Rusaiq , via OnePlus Nord CE , Jan 27, 2022 :
    There is no protector layer in the TV. I am B.E graduate ECE. So everyone wont post without knowledge. The water is between the sheet and the LED light inside. The green sticker at the end is just a piece of sticker. So please see clearly and comment for answer
    1643254701484.jpg

13. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022

No issue. I have raised the complaint. Same was acknowledge by the technician, the water mark inside the screen between the sheet and the led light. It occurred due to the wet moisture in the atmosphere if we stored the panel for a long time.

14. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022

@Venky61 if you can, escalate this to the prior team for immediate action.. I am going to request for whole unit replacement because worst service from oneplus, that too waited after 1 month. Again i cant face this issue. Kindly escalate the same to the respective team. Thank you.

15. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 27, 2022

Venky61 , Jan 27, 2022 :
    Sure... But I would need your Complaint ID as mentioned in my above post.

Tobikage likes this.
  16. Rusaiq
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2022