Display Screen not responding to touch

1. Herter
    Donut Dec 5, 2019

Herter , Dec 5, 2019 :
    My wife's OnePlus 5 har periodically been unresponsive to touch the last couple of months, but now it is more or less dead.. the screen turns on with power button or fingerprint scanner, but doesn't respond to any touches at all. Sometimes it will be responsive after a reboot, but then goes unresponsive again after a few minutes. When it is responsive it seems to work normally.

Anyone had a similar issue and/or know of a solution? (if there is any..)

2. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Dec 5, 2019

Scherpenseel , Dec 5, 2019 :
    If it is software related then hopefully it can be fixed with a factory reset. But to me it sounds more like it is hardware related... Did you ever replace your screen because of damage or did you have any water damage?

3. Herter
    Donut Dec 5, 2019

Herter , Dec 5, 2019 :
    No damage and it started behaving weird after update to android 9.something.

4. Herter
    Donut Dec 5, 2019

Herter , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I dont think its a hardware issue, or I should say.. I'm 100% certain it isn't because I've reset the phone multiple times and its works fine right after the reset. But then gradually gets worse and worse until it is unusable

5. Jbarreraz
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2020

Jbarreraz , Jan 6, 2020 :
    yes my wife's phone has the same problem, after a reset sometime works ok but now the touch is dead, i change the display and nothing change, i have not touch yet, if you know something else please let me know, because im going to buy the display flex cable to see if thats the problem.

thank you.

6. silver735
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2020

silver735 , Jan 8, 2020 :
    Hi, and with the new flexible cable could you solve the problem? So, I advise you to find the parts adapted, good luck!

7. Jbarreraz
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2020

Jbarreraz , Jan 18, 2020 :
    hi, i just got the flexible cable for the screen but still the same, ive noticed when i turn the screen on with the side buttons, some how you can see the 2 wite button one on each side wakes up but nothing else, im thinking there is software problem, but im not an android experticias like i was with iPhone, i dont know how to install a new software to the cellphone with the computer if you know how to do it let me know i will try to learn.

thank you