Screen not turning off automatically via OnePlus 8

1. Parthkansara
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2021

Parthkansara , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 4, 2021 :
    My mobile's LOCK screen not turning off automatically... I have to turn it off by power button... I have cleared cache and formatted mobile. After formatting my phn prb resolved for some times...
    Plz help... I have send 7-8 times log data to oneplus team but not resolved.
    I am now frustrated with the same

rHITkM. likes this.
  2. rHITkM.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2021

rHITkM. , Aug 4, 2021 :
    Make sure if this option " Stay Awake (screen will never sleep while charging) " under the Developer settings is Turned OFF.

If it's already Turned OFF then try the following:

Please check if the issue persist in the safe mode too ( in this mode 3 party apps will be disabled and when you get out of the safe mode apps will work again as usual).

(1) Steps to boot device into safe mode :

1. Press and hold power button.
    2. Now press and hold either POWER OFF or RESTART button, whichever button you like .
    3. Thaen Press OK
    4. Wait for the phone to restart. There will be little text "Safe Mode" at the Bottom left corner that will let you know that you are in safe mode .

Now check if you Still need to press power button to turn off the screen in safe mode.
    If

(2) steps to get out of Safe Mode .

1. RESTART the device.

If it's working normal in this mode then its an app that is keeping your phone's lock screen awake.

3. mustakim.du01
    Eclair Aug 6, 2021