Screen overlay detected CM 13

1. yatashi_suzuki
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2016

yatashi_suzuki , Dec 15, 2016 :
    Yeah I agreed, those apps like CM Security and Clean Master really messed the settings.

I also don't know what's the benefits of having those apps ...

2. Andy.w
    KitKat Dec 18, 2016

Andy.w , Dec 18, 2016 :
    i tried to run antutu and it asked me to turn of overlays I turned them off but couldn't give permissions ,I think there's still a lot of bugs in 13 and as the company is in a state of flux we'll be lucky if thay care

3. schottkey
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2016

schottkey , Dec 28, 2016 :
    I tried pretty much everything I read on this issue and in the end Yr weather app was the culprit. Hopefully it will help others that are tired of this issue. I fix it by killing the Yr running process (from developer options) whenever I want to update permissions, as I don't want to uninstall it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016

4. Abhirajsharma
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2017

Abhirajsharma , Jan 7, 2017 :
    Hi there , i had the same problem going on with my oneplus one , i know i am replying on this post even though its such an old post and you guys would have likely found a solution to this problem but i will still tell you guys another way to solve this problem because any help cant do any bad.
    So here is what you can do to solve this problem -
    1.) Go into settings. Personal. Apps.
    2.) You will see three dots on the upper right corner of your screen. And there will be two options , you need to click the option 'reset app preferences.
    Now hopefully i helped someone.

5. SAMEER JADHAV
    Cupcake Jan 7, 2017

6. CertifiedSammy
    Donut Jan 15, 2017

CertifiedSammy , Jan 15, 2017 :
    Usually, this is caused by the use of a floating app or an app which tend to change background color or something.

For Most Android Phone users:

Open the Settings

Then Applications > Application manager

Press on More > Apps that can appear on top

If you find an app with a bubble, display screen overlay. If an app adjusts your phone’s brightness, disable screen overlay option on those apps as well. Point is, you have to figure out the culprit app and disable screen overlay.

Source: How to fix screen overlay detected error on android

7. chetnagaurav
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2017

chetnagaurav , Apr 5, 2017 :
    It worked for me after uninstalling security 360 app.

8. chetnagaurav
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2017

9. Raj Thumbre
    Cupcake May 1, 2017

Raj Thumbre , May 1, 2017 :
    Same is the issue with my phone. Just getting ' screen overlay detected' message after opening any app. The only option i am left is to boot into the safe mode and turn on all the permissions everytime i install a new app. But this is now frustrating as everytime i have to go to the safe mode to access permissions to the newly installed app. Please help with this.

10. juned393
    Cupcake May 17, 2017

juned393 , May 17, 2017 :
    Follow this simple settings to solve screen overlay in any oneplus device:
    >Settings
    >Apps
    >Three Dots(Top Right Corner)
    >Draw Over Other Apps
    >Now List of Screen overlay Apps will appear
    >Turn off screen overlay of all apps one by one
    Screen overlay issue must be solved in your oneplus device....
    If it isnt solved yet then you can access to other solutions from below reference:
    https://wildtricks.com/screen-overlay-detected-solve-problem-android-device/

11. ScoobySnacks79
    Cupcake May 17, 2017

ScoobySnacks79 , May 17, 2017 :
    Anyone have any idea how to fix a screen bug? I'm thinking it must be software related as it happens more with some apps than others. Basically the screen renders some shades a really strange colour. Then it offsets the screen vertically, normally about half an icon height. Then the screen starts to break up so that the phone becomes unusable. Once that happens it's a case of reboot and hope. Anyone got any ideas?

12. gioninardo
    Eclair May 19, 2017

gioninardo , May 19, 2017 :
    For me too. the problem was ES file manager: removed!

Last edited: May 19, 2017

13. suijin
    Cupcake May 20, 2017

14. ganapati.pandit
    Cupcake May 23, 2017

15. G_apurva_chatterjee_FStF
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2017

16. shabier.j
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2017

shabier.j , Jun 21, 2017 :
    uninstall apps like screenrecorders, twilight & antivirus

17. juned393
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2017

juned393 , Jul 9, 2017 :
    To be true Screen Overlay is basic feature used by almost every application.
    Messenger Chat Head, Inbox Messages Preview and Whatsapp Messages Popups are all example of screen overlay feature, so you cant uninstall all application to resolve Screen Overlay Detected popups on your device...
    You just need to manually turn of screen overlay of all applications in your device, Follow following settings to turn off screen overlay of android application:
    > Settings
    >Application Manager
    >Click on Three Dots (Top right corner) & Select Draw Over Other Apps
    >Turn off screen overlay of all apps one by one
    This must solve the issue of screen overlay in your device...
    If this isn't solving then screen overlay issue in your device or you haven't got my answer then refer to below reference: How to turn off screen overlay.

Bugi1222 likes this.
  18. Bugi1222
    Eclair Jul 10, 2017

Bugi1222 , Jul 10, 2017 :

Outstanding! That worked for me! This has been driving me crazy since yesterday.

19. Denniswill23
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2017

20. littlepetel
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2017

littlepetel , Aug 2, 2017 :
    I had the same problem that has been described here. I went through the process of selecting each app and turning off Draw Over Other Apps for all of them, resetting preferences, etc. This did nothing at all... what I resorted to was going through all the apps I have installed (quite a few!), uninstalled those I haven't used for the last few months, did a 'Force Stop' on all the rest of them and the problem went away. So far it hasn't come back.