Screen overlay detected CM 13

1. pradeepbommi
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2017

pradeepbommi , Sep 27, 2017 :
    I had the same problem for moviepass app, and I didn't have any fancy brightness control apps, or any battery doctor or cleaner apps.
    So I had only one solution:
    Settings > Draw Over other apps > Reset App Preferences
    After I did that, my issue got resolved, but I had to add back all the earlier preferences one by one for each app.

2. Mystik
    Donut Nov 30, 2017

Mystik , Nov 30, 2017 :
    I almost lost my mind with this problem. I disabled all of the overlay permissions, and restarted phone and disabled usability functions... And no.

Then I had to go and remove apps that had been updated, and the culprit was ES File Explorer.

I know this thread is old, but if this can save the trouble from someone else that I just went trough, it's worth it.
    Good luck.

Also please do note, that some people have said that "Reset app permissions" will fix it but for me personally it just added more problems as all permissions I had set before were indeed reset but I couldn't change any of them...

Enerneslo likes this.
  3. fedepia
    Donut Dec 1, 2017

fedepia , Dec 1, 2017 :
    Fantastic, this solves the issue that was driving me crazy.

4. Krusadr
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2018

Krusadr , Feb 21, 2018 :
    Thanks! This worked for me!

5. K m Bhatt
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2018

K m Bhatt , Feb 27, 2018 :
    Thanks a lot , I am suffering from the same problem and was frustrated since 2 days , but when I go to ES file download , and go to settings and do the same process , now it work as it should be thank you friends