Screen Protector RECOMMEND

1. I1558436067746
    Eclair Jun 29, 2019

I1558436067746 , Jun 29, 2019 :
    Hi guys, could please anyone recommend a proper screen protector ? A month since I cant find anything good. (EUROPE)

Bought 2 cheap ones, 1 is having glue only on the edges on the screen which makes it hold extremely bad. 2 have Dot Matrix all over display and looks horrible.

2. A1560972514155
    Cupcake Jun 29, 2019

A1560972514155 , Jun 29, 2019 :
    Skinomi is by far my absolute favorite. I've used them ever since I made the switch from tempered glass which I cannot stand the look or feel of anymore ESPECIALLY when it comes to glide/gesture typing.

I have actually gotten to where I prefer the feel even compared to any stock screen; Skinomi feels far better with day to day build up from skin oil and you don't get that greasy feeling and it doesn't show on the screen nearly as bad as neither a naked screen nor a tempered glass replacement which are especially bad as they get that polarized/pixelated look to them.

Finally, the protection is far superior to tempered glass as well as the stock OnePlus one that comes installed on the 7 Pro.

Within a week of having the phone, the phone had made a swan dive/belly flop out of my pocket unto gravel with a stomach turning *SMACK* as it landed on the screen in such a fashion as if it meant to do so. This is when I first realized that the OnePlus cases are not raised on the sides enough to somewhat buffer the screen in such a situation.

The gravel had made such an indentation in the stock screen protector that it looked like there was potentially some screen damage but the protector itself was toast as it was permanently torn. While I did spring for the optional accidental damage OnePlus coverage for the first time ever, I was too busy to deal with it and , covered or not, it was like a kick in the gut seeing the damage.

I finally decided to order the Skinomi and have it on hand just in case that when I removed the damaged protector and the phone had no damage to the screen then I would have something on hand to continue using the phone.

Thankfully, the OnePlus protector to it's credit still did extremely well- far better than tempered glass which may have still protected it but would have shattered to such an extent that the phone would have been unusable- and there was absolutely no damage to the screen or phone.

However, I do know for a fact that the whole situation, regardless of whether it did or didn't have a positive outcome, would have been entirely avoided
    if I had the Skinomi installed instead during the accident.
    The Skinomi's material has a characteristic what the company calls "self healing"and, as much as support the brand, this sounded like marketing wank until I witnessed first hand.

I was on a ladder trying to install a bathroom vent and had the install manual pulled up on my Google Pixel C tablet on which I had a Skinomi screen protector installed. The ladder shifted a little, enough to make me place my hands on the ceiling to steady myself, thereby, dropping the tablet entirely.

The tablet did a full on screen first fall, just like my OnePlus, but instead of relatively nice gravel, it smacked the sharp metal corner of the old exhaust fan...I just knew that it had to be shattered and stood on the ladder for a good 30 seconds to brace myself (no pun intended) for the gore of what the screen must look like (which didn't have any warranty or insurance at all) and also to process what had just happened.

I was likely a lifelong Skinomi customer before this incident, but if not, I absolutely became one for certain based on what I saw when I finally picked up the tablet! The only evidence that anything had happened was a dark shape underneath the screen protector which is probably a surface crack of the glass but nothing else as it's entirely localized to a cm line, where it hit the metal edge full weight, but,not only does the screen work flawlessly with neither any dead pixels nor unresponsive to touch or taps at the epicenter of the damage, you can't even feel even the slightest bit of damage to the Skinomi!! None!

The only caveat I'd add is to not get the one that mentions screen privacy and reduces screen glare in sunlight as I do not like how matte it looks and feels.

They offer a lifetime warranty much like my second favorite brand, Armorsuit, but unlike Skinomi, doesn't charge any shipping for sending the replacement making it the closest thing to pleasant an experience that I've ever experienced in any return/warranty situation.

Best of luck!

P. S. I do not have any connection to Skinomi and am not given one cent for this free advertising. So all this over enthusiasm, which is usually uncharacteristic for me, is genuine as they've earned it in my book :)

I1558436067746 likes this.
  3. insomnia77
    Froyo Jun 29, 2019

insomnia77 , Jun 29, 2019 :
    There are several versions. Which one did you get? Case friendly ? Edge to edge? Matte? Techskin?

4. I1558436067746
    Eclair Jun 29, 2019

Case friendly and edge to edge. They both was from Aliii Exprs which ended up beeing total crap.

5. I1558436067746
    Eclair Jun 29, 2019

Thanks for advice.
    Have you bought Skinomi edge to edge or case compatible?
    Since there is two different versions of it and I cant understand will edge to edge not gonna be case compatible and vice versa?

6. Coastie
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2019

Coastie , Jun 29, 2019 :
    I've been using this one for a couple weeks, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QJYM96Z it's been great for me. Cheap 3 pack, but no complaints at all, I like it better than the stock one (which worked well until an accident) these seem thinner and more invisible but every bit the same scratch resistance.

7. I1558436067746
    Eclair Jun 29, 2019

Thanks for advice! Would it defend screen from accidental fall or something like that ?

8. Coastie
    Honeycomb Jun 30, 2019

Coastie , Jun 30, 2019 :
    it will fend off minor scratches, and will sacrifice itself instead of the screen, but it isn't going to protect a screen from cracking/shattering. Think scratch resistance, not shatter resistance.

I1558436067746 likes this.