Screen Recording has been recorded but never used by me via OnePlus Nord

1. SamyBoff
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

SamyBoff , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Hi everyone!
    I have never used screen recording (didn't even know it existed on the OnePlus Nord), but looking into settings found this:

1597304810956.jpg
    I haven't used it, so why is OnePlus is recording and sharing my screen without permission?
    This is really something they should fix and apologize for, I am really disappointed and don't know what to do.
    Anyone else the same?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020

2. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

Swatiranjan , Aug 13, 2020 :
    it never records unless you manually click on record.
    This feature is provided to capture bugs.
    Apart from that you can make video tutorials with this.

3. SamyBoff
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

Well, I never used because I didn't even know it had it, took my a while to find where was it. So it just does not make any sense.

Swatiranjan likes this.
  4. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 13, 2020 :
    This is a system app. So during installation it automatically gets installed with end user agreement.
    It is quite a helpful app. Good that now you know. It never record any data unless otherwise you press the record button.
    I wish you make best use of it.
    In case a bug capture, you can record and send report it in feedback section so that, developer/bug hunter look at it and find a solution.
    Lots of YouTube videos for showing the solution of a problem are made using this feature.
    Thanks for understanding.

5. SamyBoff
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

The problem is that it os showing tgat has been used, when that is not true. And I just wanted to see if there are more users that have this issue when they never used this function.
    P.S: I know what is it used for ;)

6. SamyBoff
    Eclair Aug 20, 2020