2. yes, picture please

25.0%
  3. no its okay, good luck though

15.0%
  1. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2015

arashhsh , Jul 2, 2015 :
    hello there,

so i dropped my opo a while ago and i went searching online for a replacement screen.
    so what i found was the normal screen, and a screen with the frame. so the difference is that with the screen only i have to take it all apart, remove every part and glue the stuff together and stuff.
    with the screen and frame together i only have to take the hardware partly out and put it in the new frame. stuff like camera , battery, chip etc etc etc and i dont have to use glue cuz as far as i know i dont have loose parts on this option.

so my question is. do you guys want me to record this process for you guys?

tell me what you guys want.

Edit;

here is a link to a video i found on Youtube.
    this guy does pretty much the same, but maybe with less information i was about to give you guys.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

2. Cuerex
    KitKat Jul 2, 2015

Cuerex , Jul 2, 2015 :
    holy shit, yes i dropped mine as well and i'm just waiting for the best cost effective solution. may aswell link to international resellers which offers opo screens

oh, and better make this process as explainable as you can, may it on video or pictures, just choose what's better for your type or expression since some people can better explain something in words while others do better via text

Ceasedd likes this.
  3. addam
    KitKat Jul 2, 2015

addam , Jul 2, 2015 :
    Take lots of pics and do a nice write up. If someone is using it as a tutorial, pictures are easier to keep up with.
    Good luck with your endeavor, either way you decide to go.

Ceasedd likes this.
  4. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Jul 2, 2015

Darshanpatel51 and Ceasedd like this.
  5. JSiu.Dev
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2015

JSiu.Dev , Jul 2, 2015 :
    I am actually considering to replace my screen too. I dropped my opo into water and the touch screen is never working right since then.

Ceasedd likes this.
  6. Quincy_Ng
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2015

Ceasedd likes this.
  7. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2015

arashhsh , Jul 3, 2015 :
    well cost efficient it is, a screen with frame + a new back cover cost me only 75 dollars (give or take 65 euros) i will be adding some dbrand skins on it. let me know if you want to see that too

Ceasedd likes this.
  8. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 3, 2015

Ceasedd , Jul 3, 2015 :
    Do whatever you like.This is your forum.;)

9. Libhero
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2015

10. mrkev38
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2015

mrkev38 , Jul 24, 2015 :
    Take apart was easy. The impossible part for me was stopping the replacement screen from lifting, from the frame at the bottom of the phone. I tried three times retapeing with double sided tape to no avail. it just kept lifting. In frustration I tried gorilla epoxy, and ruined the pins in my m/b as glue got into the slot that the screen cable goes into. I already have a S6 edge so threw out the oneplus one. Am awaiting the oneplus two. Hoping its water proof, unlike my new S6 edge. I also has the galaxy s5, loved it. Now my daughter is...good luck to anyone trying to replace the screen, it was interesting, only wish i could have mastered the taping.

11. reginaldyee
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2015

12. impure
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2015

impure , Jul 24, 2015 :
    $85 and completely taking apart the OPO?
    That's a high cost for not using a case.

13. jrt
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2015

jrt , Oct 5, 2015 :
    WARNING:
    I purchased a screen from a Chinese company named Vifocal. I did a very thorough job of installing it and it powered up on first try. About five seconds into booting up the screen went black. Upon doing a little research I learned that their QC is less than desirable and that this is a fairly common issue. Once I contacted customer service, they asked that I send it back. I had to pay the shipping. I followed all their instructions and for some reason it simply never showed up, according to them. Unfortunately the shipping receipt was accidentally discarded into the trash and I have no tracking info for the post office to give me info on. Now they wont reply to my emails and I am out $100 roughly. Not a big deal but talk about a frustrating experience. The worst customer service experience I've ever encountered. I just want you guys that are looking for replacement screens to know that you should look elsewhere. Buyer beware!