Screenshots won't save

1. OP_Funnych Cupcake Jan 18, 2018

OP_Funnych, Jan 18, 2018 :
    Hello there

I've had this problem for a little while now. After making a screenshot, the system is telling me that saving the screenshot is in process, however there's no end in sight. After restarting the device it seems to run properly again. However after some time it happens again.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards
    A content OnePlus user

2. poperov Eclair Jul 12, 2018

poperov, Jul 12, 2018 :

Same problem, my screenshots don't even save. I factory reset (accidentally, by having the power button pushed too long) a couple days ago and since then I haven't been able to take a screenshot and it just keeps saying it's saving in the top left notifications

3. xnutzii KitKat Jul 12, 2018

xnutzii, Jul 12, 2018 :
    what are you talking about? Holding down the Power button for too long won't factory reset the phone [e]1f602[/e]

4. poperov Eclair Jul 12, 2018

poperov, Jul 12, 2018 :
    Well it was stuffed in a cup holder on a beach chair and when I pulled it out there was some Chinese writing on the screen, I hit the bottom right button (I had it set as my "back" button) and then the phone factory reset, luckily I had everything backed up on the cloud so i kept all my photos BUT all the data inside a few important apps was gone. Then I figured out the power button had been pushed down for at least half an hour in that snug plastic cupholder. Maybe it held power and volume down, maybe that's why it reset, you tell me. It was really annoying either way and I don't read mandarin so I have no idea what it was even saying when I picked it up, just hit a button like an idiot. If you'd like to experiment then be my guest, hold down the power button for half an hour. If that doesn't work then hold down power and volume. One of those factory reset my phone. I'm sure it's a great rescue feature if the phone is completely frozen, but it sucked to do it as a mistake. I won't be stuffing the phone in those cupholders anymore

Nick 59 and xnutzii like this.
  5. poperov Eclair Jul 12, 2018

poperov, Jul 12, 2018 :

And actually a quick Google search just told me that holding down power and volume buttons together will perform a hard reset, so there yay have it

xnutzii likes this.
  6. xnutzii KitKat Jul 12, 2018

xnutzii, Jul 12, 2018 :
    poperov

I won't be stuffing the phone in those cupholders anymore

Can retrace that, If you hit the button on the bottom right, that's back, yes, but how did it FR then? That's weird, sorry about that tho! I know the feeling to setup the device completely new, important data is nowhere to be rescued unfortunately. I know how to enter recovery, so don't worry haha, the power button (if held for 8-10 seconds) will reset the phone, yes. Then it'll reboot automatically. But I don't know how it entered the recovery in the cupholder AND unlocked your device...? Since you'll have to unlock the device to enter the recovery part...

EDIT: oh, never knew that power+volume down will reset the device...I won't test it of course, lol.

7. xnutzii KitKat Jul 12, 2018

xnutzii, Jul 12, 2018 :
    I just did a google search myself, since i never heard of factory reset with power+volume button... That's wrong, I guess you read Hard Reset, nothing else will happen other than the device will reset into the lockscreen after a reboot.