Scroll issues on the Oneplus 9 Pro.

1. BradB111
    Froyo Apr 3, 2021

BradB111 , Apr 3, 2021 :
    Hello All,

Just posting this for reference to make sure this doesn't get lost and ensure the issue is addressed. I am also extremely surprised this is not already on the forums.

I have recently received my OP9P and the scroll feels slow and the max scroll speed is limited. Coming from a 6T where I can scroll about 5x faster and be able to go down to the bottom of my google feed in one swipe, on the OP9P, maybe 5-6 swipes. I understand that this may be to "show off" the refresh rate and I will be honest it looks smooth, but this is either a bug or the scroll behaviour has been modified from default and it just feels so bad to use in comparison to my 6T.

This has been highlighted elsewhere:

XDA Forums:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...tent-scrolling-acceleration-moddable.4253497/

Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/mhwp8u/scroll_acceleration_fonts_oneplus_9_pro/

I hope this is fixed soon as scrolling is about 70% of the day to day input and while it *Looks* nice it feels a lot worse.

2. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 3, 2021

Aaron2017 and BradB111 like this.
  3. BradB111
    Froyo Apr 3, 2021

Caoimhín and Swejuggalo like this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 3, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. Ruqhaiya Taskeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

Ruqhaiya Taskeen , Apr 6, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need few details. It'll be of great help if you could share the information for further analysis. We've responded to you via direct message. 

Regards,
    Ruqhaiya Taskeen

6. youravgjoe47
    Cupcake Apr 11, 2021

youravgjoe47 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    I'm having the same issue on my 9 Pro. I thought maybe turning down screen resolution or refresh rate would help but it's still just as slow.

JQuez4049 likes this.
  7. David.Niosi13
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

David.Niosi13 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Me the same Problem! It’s horrible! I had a Oneplus 3T, 5T and 6T and it was fast and smooth! Come now from a Galaxy S20+ and the difference is huge!!! The 9 pro scrolls slow, and than jittering, lag, and so if that what you see has a a shadow or i don’t know how to describe this. I tried with QHD+ 120HZ, 60HZ and also with 1080+, no difference...you see this at best on YouTube, scrolling ist very very slow, and when you see this kind of big Title in the Thumbs, they are not clean, so shadowy/blurry or so, like there ist anything wrong with refresh rate (blurry?black frames?)! And than is stutter and jitter. It’s horrible :( You see it good when you go in settings, in Dark Mode, and than scroll with the finger a bit faster up and down, you notice how the menu blocks has this shadows...and That’s always there, my eyes hurts when I use my OP9Pro longer! I think that’s because this new LTPO Display Panel, when I have my old Galaxy S20+ next to it, you see a massive difference. The old S20 is smooth and don’t have this strange jittering/stuttering/laggy/shadowing Effect.

What can we do? I love this Oneplus 9 Pro but with this Problem i can't keep it :(:(:(

Izenberg likes this.
  8. Caoimhín
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 11, 2021

Caoimhín , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Update to the latest Oneplus Launcher version 5.1.0 released 2 days ago, link below.
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl.../oneplus-launcher-5-1-0-android-apk-download/

Then clear the OnePlus Launcher App info Cache.

Restart the phone and check if this can help.

9. Bongzerker
    Gingerbread Apr 11, 2021

10. David.Niosi13
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

Thanks, i wait that is official Update on Play Store. But i don't think that this will fix the Problem.

This laggy/jittering/stuttering ist all over, Settings, App Drawer, Apps, and at worstest on Youtube :(

11. David.Niosi13
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

Okay, this give maybe a hope. Can you please make a Video from App Drawer, Settings and YouTube scrolling at different speeds? Have you 8 or 12 gb Version?

12. Ekinox95100
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

Ekinox95100 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Same thing for me , horrible !

13. malidan
    Nougat Apr 11, 2021

14. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 12, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  15. David.Niosi13
    Eclair Apr 12, 2021

David.Niosi13 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    it nervs me soo that i install the new Launcher manually...restart the phone, cleared the cache. Maybe for a bit it looks like it was better, but now few hours later it’s again the same! I opened a Bug Report now, that’s not normal, my olds Oneplus Phones was always buttery smooth and fast! Have a Week time so send it back, if nothing happens in this time, i will send it back. But I hope they fix this because i love this phone!

Ellislin, deezid and Caoimhín like this.
  16. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Apr 12, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.
  17. malidan
    Nougat Apr 12, 2021

malidan , Apr 12, 2021 :
    I Dunno the years just keep passing and I keep hearing the same excuses, fix with updates. I'm going to keep a eye on the smooth scrolling experience the OP9 series is supposed to have but doesn't. ;)

calvin35 likes this.
  18. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 12, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Don't recall if it was 7 or 8...but at some point a device was slow to scroll. Later some said it was too fast. Then the complaints stopped. So I assume the found some type of middle ground. Scrolling may not be a top priority though.

Caoimhín likes this.
  19. David.Niosi13
    Eclair Apr 12, 2021

David.Niosi13 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    A good Idea would be to introduce a scroll speed setting, with 3-5 steps, so anyone can choose what he prefer!

Izenberg and Ellislin like this.
  20. BradB111
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

BradB111 , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Thank you for the replies, I thought I was going crazy and was alone but seems to be a common issue, I have sent logs to Oneplus that they requested but this won't help them all you guys need to do at Oneplus is pick up a OP9P and just use it. Scroll down youtube / instagram / google feed / etc.... and it's immediately evident, feels terrible compared to my 6T.

Izenberg and David.Niosi13 like this.