Scroll issues on the Oneplus 9 Pro.

1. bezauBERND
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2021

bezauBERND , Apr 28, 2021 :
    The OnePlus 9 (regular Version) got the same issue .. no real FPS drops but laggy and sloooooooooow scrolling. Received my phone yesterday, updated the newest Oxygen version .. but still weird slow scrolling.. so i already sent it back. You should not sell phones with those obvious issues, OnePlus.

EDIT: and of course overheating issues .. 4 pop up messages while setting up the phone and installing the update.. that's weak.

RazvanScutea likes this.
  2. S1589965398913
    Cupcake May 31, 2021

S1589965398913 , May 31, 2021 :
    I am also facing the same problem in the OnePlus 9 pro , the same scrolling problem I am facing, this is very horrible in the OnePlus 9 pro and this is not worth it for us

Hi pete lau sir ,
    I post the lot of message regarding the scrolling and heating issue in the OnePlus 9 pro but any one is not taking seriously 😑
    Sir because of this issue I am not feeling rich experience into the OnePlus device, i am regular and trusted user from the last 7 years, I used the different varients of the OnePlus phone in this 7 year but as per my point of you this the burst phone because of scrolling and heating issue. said:

Sir please take action on it ether you solved issue or return my money that I spend to purchase the OnePlus 9 pro phone
    sir I am not the only one there is lot of people is facing the same issue please find the link that user reports the same issue
    url: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/scroll-issues-on-the-oneplus-9-pro.1413240/page-3

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021

LeonelAioria and RazvanScutea like this.
  3. aressto
    Froyo Jun 4, 2021

aressto , Jun 4, 2021 :
    I have same issues. Moved from OnePlus 6 and it's obviously seen. It's not lag, scrolling is slow and smooth. But when i need scroll fast I can't do that. In op6 I had that ability and control over scrolling. Fast or slow as I move my fingers or give it a impulse fast to get down or up. Fast swings of fingers. In op9 pro it's impossible.
    It's annoying.
    11.2.6.6 version is sometimes lagging at 1 screen without real scrolling wow! did't see that before

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021

pegonz and RazvanScutea like this.
  4. BradB111
    Gingerbread Jun 23, 2021

pegonz and RazvanScutea like this.
  5. RazvanScutea
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2021

pegonz likes this.
  6. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 24, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Try updating to the latest Oneplus Launcher version 5.1.7 released recently, link below.
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...lus-launcher-5-1-7-android-apk-download/#file

Then clear the OnePlus Launcher App info Cache.

Restart the phone and check if this can help.

7. RazvanScutea
    Gingerbread Jun 24, 2021

youravgjoe47 likes this.
  8. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 24, 2021 :
    It acts differently depending on app i would say. Firefox is pretty fast for example. That one runs on 60 Hz. It seems like some type of refresh rate mode difference. Even if some apps switch to 60Hz mode and some use Smart 120 there is no clear way to know what apps that will scroll slower. Because it does not happen to all 120 Hz apps as far as I can tell either.

Caomhin likes this.
  9. Caomhin

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Don't experience the issue you mention. As this is a user Community forum, there is no one from Oneplus here to reply to your post. You contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

10. RazvanScutea
    Gingerbread Jun 25, 2021

RazvanScutea , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jun 25, 2021 :
    Let me explain simplier. I have to do a longer swipe on the screen to have a faster scrolling. In my previous device (op7pro) it was just a ssshort swipe and the scrolling was blazing fast. And the scrolling was dependent on how i swipe.

11. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 25, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 25, 2021 :
    I've seen it very clearly as a video with a 7 Pro and a 9 Pro side by side. But since I don't have my 7 Pro nor 8 Pro I can't compare side by side myself.
    Just by using the 9 Pro I can notice that the scroll acts differently depending on apps too.
    If I recall correctly both 7 Pro and 8 Pro had scroll speed complaints at some point.
    The only difference here is the dynamic refresh rate on the 9 Pro. I guess that could be a triggering factor. But I've seen regular 9 complain too

Caomhin likes this.
  12. BradB111
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2021

BradB111 , Jun 26, 2021 :
    The difference is obvious if you have come from an older OnePlus device like me. OnePlus Devs keep contacting me to ask for logs (which I have already provided 3 times) they never do anything about it.

To Devs: use an old device e.g. OP6T and a new OP9P you will notice a difference straight away. Do you even use your own devices?

Here is a clear video showing the issue made by another forum member, you do not need any more evidence than this, please fix our phones:

13. etb0x
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2021

etb0x , Jun 27, 2021 :
    The issue is very noticeable, is there any way to have more visibility with devs? Or at least get a reply.

pegonz likes this.
  14. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jun 27, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jun 27, 2021 :
    Besides reporting it and sharing video samples via the feedback tool not really.
    Some reports end up a step higher up as a mail conversation back and forward for a while with several bughunters and possibly even a dev or someone closer to the devs.
    View attachment 1651566
    You can chat with support and such or call. But it will not be directly to devs.

Caomhin likes this.
  15. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Jun 28, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Jun 28, 2021 :
    We are extremely sorry to hear that you are facing issue with device usage and have sent personal message regarding the same.

16. LeonelAioria
    Froyo Jul 8, 2021

LeonelAioria , Jul 8, 2021 :
    Hope this get fixed soon, i am facing the same issue on OP9 Pro, already tried multiple things, lastly resetting the phone to its defaults, all without luck.
    Raised a bug report, sent logs and received no response from support... The least I expect is a statement from the brand acknowledging the issue, and giving the affected users an ETA for a fix.
    I am a loyal One Plus consumer, I've used 3T, 5T and 7 pro, this is my very first issue with an OP phone, this is supposed to be the best (and most expensive) one plus smartphone I've ever had, but I'm not having a pleasing experience... I'm really disappointed on this 😩

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021

17. pegonz
    Gingerbread Jul 9, 2021

pegonz , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 9, 2021 :
    This is a very annoying thing. Even my Pixel 4xl is way faster than this device. I really hope they do something about this cause scrolling in this phone feels horrible.

RazvanScutea and LeonelAioria like this.
  18. p373r66
    Froyo Jul 9, 2021

p373r66 , Jul 9, 2021 :
    I think all this "slow scrolling" isn't a bug or error at all, OP has done this intentionally, but why is the question.

19. Nakata24
    Froyo Jul 9, 2021

Nakata24 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jul 9, 2021 :
    Just picked up my moms nord, with that slow cpu inside it, but still faster and smoother then the 9 pro pffff, by far rhe worst oneplus for me.
    i remember the motto fast and smooth, went away after Carl left.

20. aressto
    Froyo Jul 11, 2021