[Submitted] Scrolling speed and response

1. Wurstbrotschnitzel
    Donut Apr 26, 2021

Wurstbrotschnitzel , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Title Scrolling speed and response
    Device OnePlus9Pro Software Version O2 Stable 210402
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description Hi, coming from OP2, OP5, OP7 Pro on my new 9 Pro the scrolling of lists, news streams and texts feels tedious and sluggish. Scrolling is basically what these portrait mode screens need to do the most, so this is really the first time I feel the urge to report this. Compared directly to my old OnePlus 7 Pro, where the scrolling feels snappy, responsive with the same inputs inside the same apps, I get to a point where I actually prefer the old 90 Hz phone. I searched in all preferences, even developer options, and the internet for a solution but only found others who miss the scrolling speed. I can assume that the slower scrolling speed makes the scrolling feel smother, but please give users the option to increase 'snappyness' in some range. My phone runs on latest firmware and is rooted using magisk, but no modules are installed which would mess with system settings.
    Any other comments
    Hi,
    coming from OP2, OP5, OP7 Pro on my new 9 Pro the scrolling of lists, news streams and texts feels tedious and sluggish. Scrolling is basically what these portrait mode screens need to do the most, so this is really the first time I feel the urge to report this.
    Compared directly to my old OnePlus 7 Pro, where the scrolling feels snappy, responsive with the same inputs inside the same apps, I get to a point where I actually prefer the old 90 Hz phone.
    I searched in all preferences, even developer options, and the internet for a solution but only found others who miss the scrolling speed.
    I can assume that the slower scrolling speed makes the scrolling feel smother, but please give users the option to increase 'snappyness' in some range.

My phone runs on latest firmware and is rooted using magisk, but no modules are installed which would mess with system settings.

2. Ekdoteenplus
    Donut May 7, 2021

Wurstbrotschnitzel likes this.
  3. Wurstbrotschnitzel
    Donut May 11, 2021

Wurstbrotschnitzel , May 11, 2021 :
    Hi Ekdoteenplus,

first of all please excuse my late reply.

Yes, newest update is installed (Oxygen OS11.2.5.5.LE15BA (OTA Version: OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.E.08.GLO_0080_2105011323)) and overall the system runs smooth, which means comparable to my previous Oneplus 7 Pro.
    The phenomenon can be seen in this video (not made by me):

I assume that this behaviour is no error, but a design decision to appeal more to new customers who expect slower scrolling. I can understand that. However I would be very very grateful if you knew a way, a hidden option or some workaround to get the old scrolling behaviour back.

LeonelAioria and Z1619000370294 like this.
  4. LeonelAioria , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jun 22, 2021 :
    As of today, are you still facing the scrolling behavior? It is happening to me in some parts of the oxygen system, also with apps like WhatsApp, google photos. I still have my OP7 Pro and everytime I pick it up I can feel the difference!

Pava1 likes this.