SD card problem in ONE X

1. sumantamca
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

Attached Files:

2. Majin_G
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2015

Majin_G , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Hi I am having a problem with my SD card lots of other people.

SoI formatted my 64GB Samsung Micro SD to NTFS and Fat32. My PC picks up the SD card but when I try and transfer files it keeps crashing. I try do install the drivers but they never install from the virtual CD drive the phone creates when plugged into my PC. If I have the drivers installed will I be able to put files onto my SD card? This is really beyond a joke. My first OnePlus phone and I cant have my music on my SD card, and thats the main use of my phone.

EDIT: I've managed to get the USB drivers to install now so hopefully this means I can transfer music to my phone?

3. npt
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

npt , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Really curious if you get the USB drivers are you able to transfer music to your phone?

-npt

4. steff.weiti
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

steff.weiti , Nov 23, 2015 :
    My Workaround for this Problem:
    1.) Installed XPosed Framework
    2.) Formated Samsung 64GB with NTFS
    3.) Install Module "XInternalSD" and Route all apps to the extSD instead of intSD

The SD Card doesnt show in Storage Settings but all photos and cached files from spotify will be saved on extSD

npt likes this.
  5. jachy88
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

jachy88 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    hello everyone
    my OPX now recognise the SD card on file storage, but still doesn't work like principal memory. how can I put the SD card as principal memory?
    thank you

Attached Files:

6. Abhijna
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

7. jwkreule
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2015

jwkreule , Nov 23, 2015 :
    How do you go about formatting the card?

8. Shubham mishra1936
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

Shubham mishra1936 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Am a user from INDIA and I also encountered the same problem.....
    SD card not being read by system...
    I wonder whether One plus management is updated about this issue or not...
    I feel I should have bought lenovo vibe s1 launced today... Lesser price than one plus x.. More features...

I hope one plus management quickly send an OTA update..

9. xgecco
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

10. Vancrack
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

DJC8391 likes this.
  11. MuralidharanV
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

MuralidharanV , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Dear All,

Iam new to One plus and I just have bought One plus X, 2 days back. On reading the spec, I have also bought Standisk ultra micro SD 64gb card., but that does not work on my mobile.... Iam really disappointed... Please tell me whether I get any update for this or else I need to return back my mobile

12. abhinav007
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

abhinav007 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Wait for the next OTA people... Hopefully it'll be fixed after that. Also, it's just your system not being able to read it. Third party apps like File manager and other apps have no issue in detecting an sd card. (I formatted mine to NTFS.)

13. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Nov 23, 2015

luxuskamel , Nov 23, 2015 :
    I had experience when sdcard didn't work with android phones that well, so i never supported that. WHY did everyone wanted a sdcard?
    Do you like issues?? (That was for peope who vote to sdcard)

In my opinion big internal memory like 80gb would be perfect :) 54gb (useable) like my OPO is also acceptable. :)

14. rhapsody15
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

rhapsody15 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Format the card in fat32, I have a 64Gb card and it works, all the pictures and music I have in the card are detected by the different apps. The only problem is that there is no option to automatically save pictures from the camera in the card and it's not detected in storage settings.

15. iPhonyy
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

iPhonyy , Nov 23, 2015 :
    A quick forum search wouldn't go amiss...
    This is a well known issue and oneplus are working in an update to fix it and a few other bugs. For some people formatting their card in NTFS or FAT32 seems to work. Give that a shot.

16. G_W_C
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

G_W_C , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Simply you cannot :)
    When next update will come you should be able to do all do you wish including setting it as primary storage on camera and move parts of application to sd card.

17. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Nov 23, 2015

Tobikage likes this.
  18. G_W_C
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

G_W_C , Nov 23, 2015 :
    If you want to see the sd card (excluding system setting or setting sd card as primary storage on camera and moving parts of app to the card) you should format it as primary fat32, in this way you will be able to manage it via internal file manager or via pc connected with usb cable.

19. jonmaund
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2015

20. Pumesta
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015