SD card problem in ONE X

1. dhavalp95
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2016

dhavalp95 , Jan 29, 2016 :
    I have been using One Plus X since a week now and purchased 32GB sandisk micro SDHC card with it. But the music player is not detecting stuff I download. Even MX player as well. I have saved my collection in the SD card. Is it faulty?

2. Mike Ville
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2016

3. tutch98
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2016

tutch98 , Jan 31, 2016 :
    hey everyone, as of the latest update rolled out for the OPX the issue of the sd card has been resolved.

4. Goggeboy
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2016

Goggeboy , Jan 31, 2016 :
    What format did you when formatting the sd card? I have used fat32 and it works fine

5. JakubKristof
    Eclair Jan 31, 2016

JakubKristof , Jan 31, 2016 :
    Are SD cards working now? I have 64GB card at home, waiting for my OPX, i am a bit worried now, because 12GB of storage is really Bad :/

6. dhavalp95
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2016

dhavalp95 , Feb 1, 2016 :
    NTFS. The music I download appears only when I move it to the root SD card folder. MX Player doesn't show videos I've got even after refreshing and Bittorrent says "saving is not allowed in this android version beyond this folder ", when I select app storage. I'm not able to save anywhere speciically I want basically. Whatever I download.

7. Goggeboy
    Honeycomb Feb 2, 2016

Goggeboy , Feb 2, 2016 :
    You should try fat32 or exFat

8. greave
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2016

greave , Feb 3, 2016 :
    Hello all, new to forums.
    I've been having some SD card issues as well since day one. I seem to suffer from sudden unmounting/mounting cycles - annoying but tolerable. Since last update, I also get sudden reboots whenever an app tries to access SD card files - less tolerable.
    I am running a SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS card, originally with exFAT, and following suggestions in this thread, switched to NTFS, both showed problems. Anything else I should be trying?

peejster21 likes this.
  9. Leon1194
    Cupcake Feb 4, 2016

Leon1194 , Feb 4, 2016 :
    ok tl;dr sorry, is gomna be faster to ask, which micro to use (hc, xc, etc) or it doesn't matter?

10. DrClaw
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

DrClaw , Feb 17, 2016 :
    I keep encountering an issue where if I reboot my phone it will delete all of the Google Play Music I have stored on my SD card. This happens consistently anytime I reboot my phone. All other SD Card data is retained. I am tired of re-downloading 12GB of music anytime I need to reboot my phone.

11. DrClaw
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2016

12. Little_Ghost
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2016

Little_Ghost , Feb 18, 2016 :
    I was able to move some apps to sd-card but other apps refuse to move.
    Says there's not enough free space (106GB free).
    Any tips/trick or is it YAB (Yet Another Bug) and do we have to wait for a fix from OP?

13. Jamobrasidsch
    Donut Feb 18, 2016

Jamobrasidsch , Feb 18, 2016 :
    I'm still experiencing the same troubles like before the last update, not much has changed for me...

128 GB card.
    1st example: I start "Here Maps". I go to the settings and set the folder to save offline maps to the external sd card (that works so far, it's also recognized and showing the free/full space). When I try to download maps then, it simply won't work.

2nd example: Spotify. I try to move the app, nothing happens. Downloading music then only works to the internal storage.

What works, was moving the Camera to the SD card, at least something... I'm getting really annoyed by this...

peejster21 likes this.
  14. boian.novakov
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2016

boian.novakov , Feb 18, 2016 :
    Here's something to rekindle the SD card issued - my SD card (32GB Samsung card) keeps sporadically unmounting and mounting again with the annoying message "SD card removed unexpectedly". The card is where it's supposed to be (checked) and most of the times this happens there phone is completely stationary. When the card is mounted again it is completely accessible and vica versa. Now, apart from the fears that this will destroy my card how can I fix this?!? It started happening today and no matter what I tried (restarting, cleaning connectors) nothing seems to influence it. HELP!

15. CalleHjalmers
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2016

CalleHjalmers , Feb 19, 2016 :
    Still no fix for the problem with downloaded file storage (from apps such as spotify, utorrent and podcast apps) on external sd-card? I still need to wait for marshmallow or root my OPX? Please help, ******* hate having no storage left internally and 110 GB free on my brand new sd-card... -.-

16. peejster21
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2016

peejster21 , Feb 19, 2016 :
    I have a 128gb PNY SD Card, and I am finding it impossible to save my downloaded Spotify music to the SD Card instead of the internal storage. I've tried both FAT32 and NTFS formats, but the files still default to the internal storage. I have moved Spotify to the SD Card, I have uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled, but still nothing. Has anyone else encountered this problem??

17. jvannigtevegt
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2016

18. NielsGhysens
    Eclair Feb 19, 2016

NielsGhysens , Feb 19, 2016 :
    I have the same problemen. SD card randomly disconnects and then Spotiy starts saving on the internal memory again. Try clearing Spotify cache, deleting the app and whiping all remaining files in Android data, like com.Spotify.music and on the SD card a well. Reinstall te app, don't move it to the SD card. Spotify automatically chooses the memory with the most space available to store offline files, set audio quality of offline music to extreme and try downloading again. Hopefully the card doesn't randomly disconnected...

19. NielsGhysens
    Eclair Feb 19, 2016

NielsGhysens , Feb 19, 2016 :
    I have the same problemen. SD card randomly disconnects and then Spotiy starts saving on the internal memory again. Try clearing Spotify cache, deleting the app and whiping all remaining files in Android data, like com.Spotify.music and on the SD card a well. Reinstall te app, don't move it to the SD card. Spotify automatically chooses the memory with the most space available to store offline files, set audio quality of offline music to extreme and try downloading again. Hopefully the card doesn't randomly disconnected...

20. CalleHjalmers
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2016

CalleHjalmers , Feb 19, 2016 :
    Yes, exactly my problem too. Have not found any solution yet. AFAIK it is a problem with setting an external storage as "internal" that cause this. I have made some research about it and all I know is that it is not fixable except through rooting your device (which I don't want to do). I've understood that the Marshmallow update should fix this, hopefully...

Anyone now a solution that does not need rooting?

oliwek and enrico.vittorini like this.
  21. peejster21
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2016

peejster21 , Feb 19, 2016 :
    Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely try this out. Out of curiosity, how is your SD card formatted?