SD card problem in ONE X

1. parish_lfc
    Eclair Feb 20, 2016

parish_lfc , Feb 20, 2016 :
    This is causing me a lot of problems too. It's a bit different in my case. I keep all my music on SD card, when i listen to them continuously for 20+ minutes SD unmounts by itself. I restart and then its mounted again. Listen to music for some time, it happens again. This has happened like 5 times today itself. And its not just music. I moved mortal kombat x to sd card and started playing, again after considerable amount of play, the game crashed to home screen but it wasn't the game, sd card unmounted unexpectedly. Dammit. I can't even listen to music now. Also the sd card is fine. I took it out and tested on other phones and do the same thing as above, no issues

2. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 21, 2016

stephenboyo , Feb 21, 2016 :
    Maybe your SD card is faulty or playing up as it shouldn't unmount itself. You may need to get a new one, try Sandisk . i have a 64gb Sandisk and all my music is stored and played from it.

parish_lfc likes this.
  3. shinigami83
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2016

shinigami83 , Feb 21, 2016 :
    Hi everyone, I recently bought a oneplus x with hydrogenOS, but I can't move any of the apps to the SD. I understand this was fixed for OxygenOS? Any ideas? What's the point of there being an sd slot if it doesn't work :confused:

Mike Ville likes this.
  4. jerjer737
    Eclair Feb 21, 2016

5. saurabhsaw
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2016

saurabhsaw , Feb 21, 2016 :
    Hi,

I've been using a 32 GB Sandisk ultra microSD card with my Sony Xperia Z3. The same card does not show up in my new OnePlus X bought two days back. It's up to date with 2.2 OS and I've also tried formatting the card in FAT32, exFAT & NTFS but it just doesn't show up in Storage or Files or EsFile manager. Please help!!

6. FSOARES
    Eclair Feb 21, 2016

FSOARES , Feb 21, 2016 :
    you must have the card incorrectly fitted , strip and puts novo.depois format the card in the mobile phone propro , we have helped .
    mine did as well and works very well.:):):)

7. FSOARES
    Eclair Feb 21, 2016

FSOARES , Feb 21, 2016 :
    you must have the card incorrectly fitted , strip and puts novo.depois format the card in the mobile phone propro , we have helped .
    mine did as well and works very well.:):):)

8. saurabhsaw
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2016

saurabhsaw , Feb 22, 2016 :
    Thank you for the reply. It doesn't get detected so can't format in the phone. Also it's put properly in the fitting slot.

9. FSOARES
    Eclair Feb 22, 2016

FSOARES , Feb 22, 2016 :
    attempts to format the pc or ntfs formats another mobile phone has to work !!!

10. oliwek
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2016

oliwek , Feb 23, 2016 :
    Hi. Would you mind posting some of the links you found about this issue ?
    What was the solution for this with a rooted phone ?
    (I have a 128GB Sandisk card, with 40GB FAT32 primary partition + 80GB ext4 primary partition on it, and I use Link2SD app to link this ext4 partition with my 'internal' memory ; the FAT32 partition disconnects randomly ; my phone is rooted).

11. kserradell
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2016

kserradell , Feb 23, 2016 :
    I'm having the same issue. In fact, in other application like Here Maps or Podcast Addict where I choose to move data in the SD card, when rebooting, the application does not find the data anymore.

12. parish_lfc
    Eclair Feb 24, 2016

parish_lfc , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Yeah i tested my card, its a counterfeit. i returned it back, the seller is going to give another.

peejster21 and stephenboyo like this.
  13. Libhero
    Gingerbread Feb 24, 2016

Libhero , Feb 24, 2016 :
    I told you guys before. Wait when new tech gadget emerges until the problems are fixed. But mow you are serving like guinea pigs--you are trying the OpX for us, noting the problems and reporting them. And after Adm fixes them, I will buy OPX as I waited until most of the problems were fixed before I bought the OPO. I have since had no problem at all. Seven months and OPO runs without any problem to report. OPO the best!

parish_lfc likes this.
  14. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 24, 2016

stephenboyo , Feb 24, 2016 :
    Who says there are problems with the OPX . people here complain about issues to do with their individual phones. You will find this happening everywhere with other phones too. Not everyone on this thread represents OPX users, most people are satisfied with their OPX , these are just people who have experienced problems on their individual devices. You seem to be getting problems with OnePlus's Oxygen OS Rom confused with problems with the OPX device itself. The individual who raised this thread has now said there was a problem with his SD Card being fake. I've had my OPX since November and the device has run smoothly as with all new OS there were teething problems with Oxygen 2.1 and these have been fixed with OTA patches. Waiting for OP to fix OPX makes no sense at all as there is nothing to fix, therefore you'll be waiting in vain. It's a great device.

peejster21 likes this.
  15. NielsGhysens
    Eclair Feb 24, 2016

NielsGhysens , Feb 24, 2016 :
    How do you test a card?

16. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 24, 2016

17. alt126
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2016

18. alt126
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2016

19. parish_lfc