Secret diary of a OnePlus employee | Part 13: From Field Team to HQ

1. Serban Chi UK Key Account Manager Staff Member May 2, 2019

Serban Chi, May 2, 2019 :
    Diary_Serban_WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png

Hi everyone,

This week, it's my turn to share my OnePlus journey.

My name is Serban, I am based in the European HQ in London, and I work in the Sales & Operation team.

I heard about OnePlus in late November of 2016. I applied for the South East London Regional Manager position, even though I was only 22 years old and had little relevant experience, but hey, Never Settle is the way.

I got the job in February 2017. From that day forward, I always woke up knowing that I do what I love, and that one day, OnePlus will be the biggest smartphone brand in the world, and that I will proudly be able to say: I have been part of the community that helped OnePlus grow.

What I really like about OnePlus is that the harder you work, the more you get noticed. You have the chance to grow together with the company. With that said, in June 2018, I was promoted and I joined the Sales & Operations team in the European headquarters. It was fascinating to get to see what happens behind 'closed doors' and get a view of how Marketing, PR, Social, Sales and Operation teams work together to deliver the best product launches and support the brand's growth within the UK, and of course the rest of Europe.

This is just a small part of my journey, and in my mind, it's just the beginning of a great adventure.

I hope you're looking forward to May 14th, the date a better phone is coming. I sure am!

Do you have any questions for me? Drop them down below and I'll try my best to answer them for you.

youbi, Tom B., aris and 10 others like this.
  2. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator May 3, 2019

Serban Chi likes this.
  3. keithgpowell Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2019

keithgpowell, May 3, 2019 :
    Hey there, @Serban Chi,

you forgot to mention all the *fun* and *excitement* you guys(MFGLT) have at Never Settle in London!

I hope you have some. I've never figured out what it is, but someone is certainly having my share these days. ;0)

Serban Chi likes this.
  4. luxuskamel KitKat May 3, 2019

luxuskamel, May 3, 2019 :
    Hi Serban,
    Thanks for sharing your story. That makes me think about joining oneplus too (University isnt really fun atm ^^)
    I'll look over the career page sometime soon, even though I want to finish my studies first...

Last edited: May 5, 2019

Serban Chi likes this.
  5. aris Jelly Bean May 4, 2019

Serban Chi likes this.
  6. Serban Chi UK Key Account Manager Staff Member May 6, 2019

Serban Chi, May 6, 2019 :
    Hi,

Give me a shout when you finish your studies and we can have a meeting to identify any opportunities.

luxuskamel likes this.
  7. Serban Chi UK Key Account Manager Staff Member May 6, 2019

8. luxuskamel KitKat May 6, 2019

luxuskamel, May 6, 2019 :
    Thanks, but that is in about three years or so. I started not long ago...

Serban Chi likes this.