Secret diary of a OnePlus employee | The Finnish line

1. JulieBN
    EU PR manager Staff Member Feb 27, 2021

JulieBN , Feb 27, 2021 :
    222.png

Hi there!

IMG_20210219_144640.jpg

My name is Julie and I’m a PR manager here at OnePlus. I joined OnePlus last September and moved from France to Finland the following month. Unfortunately, I don’t really have fun photos to share about life in the office or any pop-up events, and I’m sure you can guess the reason why. Yup, I started a new job and moved to another country in the middle of a pandemic, and it’s been quite a ride. Let me take you with me for a spin!

I officially moved to Helsinki at the beginning of October, right at the time we were launching the OnePlus 8T. It was a pretty intense onboarding, launching a new phone and settling down in a new country at the same time! I remember right before our keynote, having to balance my days between meetings with journalists and apartment visits. But in the end, the launch was a success, and I got a really nice place in the center of Helsinki (that I would end up spending way more time in, thanks to covid19).

To be honest, compared to the lockdowns and curfews we have had in my home country, we have been quite lucky up north. From October until Christmas, our office was still open and life was still (almost) normal. I got to discover Finland’s biggest secret: the Finns’ love for karaoke. I mean, I’ve been to 5 or 6 karaokes since I’ve been here. We even went there to celebrate @Tuomas L. ’ birthday last November.

tmp_1614353152120.jpg

Since January however, we are all staying at home and zoom has become our main link to one another. It still allows for nice bonding moments between us, like the team gatherings we had to celebrate Chinese New Year a couple of weeks ago.

EU Chinese New Year Friday 12th Feb 2021.png

Although I miss the office and my colleagues, working remotely can also be nice at times:
    IMG_20210219_152415.jpg

It has been challenging, and sometimes frustrating, having to put on hold all the fun activities we had planned offline. Our fans and the OnePlus community have always been the core of OnePlus and giving back to you guys is something that we really take to heart. Meeting the members of our community is something that we all dearly miss and that we hope to do again soon!

In the meantime, this situation has also brought some great creative ideas to life, like the virtual reality launch we did last summer for Nord or the Phone Dome concert that we livestreamed in November.

111.jpg

Using our technology to create impactful moments that bring us all closer, even just for a few hours, was incredible to witness.One thing I learnt from working at OnePlus, is that this is not just a smartphone brand, it’s not just about the product, but about the experience and the community. So I can’t wait to do this again! And no spoiler, but we do have a lot of cool things coming up in the next few months! ;)

Before I finish this post, I want to add one last pic of my life in OnePlus Finland. Now, I don’t have many photos with my coworkers,so instead, please enjoy a reindeer selfie.

IMG_20210206_124741__01.jpg

Looking forward to see you guys IRL!

Stay safe, stay connected (and Never Settle!)
    Julie

3. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2021

4. DarshanMeniya
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

Surlux, MRTLima and luxuskamel like this.
  5. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Feb 27, 2021

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021

6. SRD.
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

7. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Wow! Snow everywhere ! Just the right place to fall sleep in the blanket,With hot soup! You got the nice view right out of the window for the remote working I guess you don't have to turn on the background effect in meetings!

northbay5566 likes this.
  8. Tilak G.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2021

Tilak G. , Feb 27, 2021 :
    It is such an inspiration to see a empowering person like you. That was really a Aspiration to read your thoughts. Wishing you the best for the better days ahead. the pictures are so adorable with the window view.
    Welcome to the Community @JulieBN

9. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

Aaron2017 , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Quite an adventure indeed, but well worth it, it seems. That view alone would do it for me. Always wanted to go there, unfortunately never had the chance to visit but definetely on my todo list.

northbay5566 likes this.
  10. My first OnePlus 5T
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2021

My first OnePlus 5T , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Nice thread @JulieBN, and welcome to the OnePlus community. I Do like the window view, such a beautiful scene. Hope your journey, is as beautiful and aspiring as your story, do tell us more about your journey at OnePlus Finland. I heard many good things, but I have never been to Finland.
    Best of luck, Stay Safe and Healthy!

MRTLima and northbay5566 like this.
  11. SJBoss
    Lollipop Feb 27, 2021

12. ntquyet143
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2021

13. ib0b
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2021

14. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2021

jontalk , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Julie..welcome to the community forum. Since you're focused on how the public views the brand, its a good place for you to learn. That said, I highly suggest you interface with the support team, especially those that reply to emails. Questions receive ambiguous answers that dodge information and in many cases overlook what's been requested. These type of responses aren't the sort that build trust and loyalty in a brand. Hope that's helpful

MRTLima and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  15. script
    Moderator Moderator Feb 27, 2021

script , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Hey Julie,

Thx for this nice into/ inside. It's a good funny read. Say hello to father Christmas and his motor.

Know what? I have been to Finland in 1983, learnt to count to 10, and visited the Ruis Rock Festival in Turku, with the very young U2 as headliner.

Uxi, kaksi, colme, nelja

Have fuuuuuuun in Finland,

Script

Zach X., MRTLima and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  17. Royal_RJ
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2021

MRTLima and Adesh.sanmukh like this.
  18. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 27, 2021

SoniaB , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Great intro @JulieBN
    Hope you are enjoying Finland. Love the pics and happy belated birthday @Tuomas L.
    The 6pm curfew is frustrating here in France indeed.

We need a thread on worst pick up lines :oops::eek::D:p:rolleyes:

19. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Feb 27, 2021

theshinybeast , Feb 27, 2021 :
    Puck up? Is that a hockey pun? :rolleyes:

Adesh.sanmukh, luxuskamel and SJBoss like this.