SECURITY CAN BE COMPROMISED EASILY ?????

1. chitraksh007
    Froyo Nov 5, 2017

chitraksh007 , Nov 5, 2017 :
    the phone is vulnerable to robbers as the phone can be closed while on lock screen and there is no native support to disable it and the drop down bar can also be accessed on the lock screen which is also cannot be disabled natively. I have tried using a number of apps but most of them either don't work or are paid currently I am using smart Lock screen protector it does disable the drop down menu and on screen power button while in the lock screen but it has 2 major drawbacks first being that the phone can still be switched off by long pressing the power button the second being that when the phone is switched back on there is a slight delay in the app starting up so you can practically disable the internet or whatever . this is a request to the development team to provide native support for such things and improve the security of the phone

2. Nezumi_
    KitKat Nov 5, 2017

3. G_plusone
    Nougat Nov 5, 2017

Deactivated User likes this.
  4. xavipotau
    Eclair Nov 5, 2017

5. F_Terence_Quah_gSCv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2017

F_Terence_Quah_gSCv , Nov 5, 2017 :
    wan anti theft solution, go buy an iPhone...you expect something which is open source(android) to have powerhouse security. please....

6. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2017

7. keeganjk
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2017

keeganjk , Nov 5, 2017 :
    If you're not rooted, the drop down bar shouldn't because a security risk. All that could really be done is:

Turning WiFi/cell on/off
    Viewing your battery percentage
    Turning on/off Bluetooth
    Changing rotation
    Turning on flashlight
    Enabling airplane mode/night mode/location

These aren't really risks...

krv09, Jassijee and Vedant620 like this.
  8. keeganjk
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2017

keeganjk , Nov 5, 2017 :
    And if you're really paranoid about security, you could remove EVERY quick settings tile with the ✏️ button on the top right of the drop down menu.

Jassijee likes this.
  9. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2017

SimonRam , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Same with most phones unfortunately.

Deactivated User likes this.
  10. Richard mathew
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2017

11. jindal.shreyansh
    Donut Nov 5, 2017

jindal.shreyansh , Nov 5, 2017 :
    What does Android being open source has to do with this? Its like if Android didn't have a security lock and you're saying "Need a PIN-lock on your device? Go buy an iPhone". I think op is making a valid point and OnePlus can include this feature in Oxygen OS

Jassijee likes this.
  12. opo_tunity
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2017

opo_tunity , Nov 5, 2017 :
    I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but killing data and location would stop a remote wipe or I assume any other tracking software.

P1508948437519 likes this.
  13. keeganjk
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2017

keeganjk , Nov 5, 2017 :
    If you don't want someone tampering with location, just remove that quick settings tile.

14. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Nov 5, 2017

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Long pressing power button shouldn't reboot you phone. it will only show you the power menu. (disabling this can still be bypassed by hard reset)
    I guess you refer to long press power+vol up. This is called a hard reset and is enabled to save you from os crashes.

I think there's an option to disable status bar on lock screen (I'm not on OOS and cannot practically confirm you this)
    But hey, that doesn't work though. Disabling internet can be done not just from dropdown menu, but removing sim as well.

If you turn all the ways down, then just imagine a OS crash and you are screwed u mister.
    I suggest you to buy an insurance policy that covers theft. Physical and water damage as well can be claimed isn't it better than what you're asking for?

Impulse_CK likes this.
  15. opo_tunity
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2017

Or force an unlock before anyone can interact with the setting. That way it is still available in the tile.

It could probably be protected with the same mechanism used to protect email notifications.

16. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Nov 5, 2017

BobbyV8_ , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Is this available in OOS? if yes provide him with a screenshot. I'm not on OOS so couldn't help him with that.

17. opo_tunity
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2017

I'm not aware of it being available, it was just a counter point to the other poster as something that would make sense to include.

18. kleinstadtbube

kleinstadtbube , Nov 5, 2017 :
    To be honest... If someone steals a phone he gives a damn shit about that. People who are stealing phones are flashing it and selling it. Do you really think they care about your titties and cock pictures on your phone? NO. They don't.

19. Vedant620

Vedant620 , Nov 5, 2017 :
    you guys..... have you even checked it? To disable location you have to unlock the phone

20. RSPBLR
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2017

RSPBLR , Nov 5, 2017 :
    Lame argument. Open source doesn't mean it's a weak software. In fact it opens door for larger ideas and creativity rather than being developed by a single core group. Linux is opensourced. Windows is not. Which of these systems are being hacked more ?.
    It's about priorities. If bkk wants to make their phones top notch security proof, they can. But in a commercial world, there is larger market for fancy features and good looks than security !

Impulse_CK likes this.