Security Notification

1. pappyrahzi
    Eclair Dec 5, 2019

pappyrahzi , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Oxegen updater is more current than oneplus ota updates.. Smh 🤦🏾‍♂️

2. eye842
    Lollipop Dec 5, 2019

eye842 , Dec 5, 2019 :
    They said that last time as well and guess what?

3. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2019

4. LeKeiser
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2019

LeKeiser , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Still no news from OnePlus.
    I really wanted to believe this time would be different :(

5. G_ben_owen_YwOR
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

G_ben_owen_YwOR , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 6, 2019 :
    with what's happened on your website, I suggest you change their security update policy and push them out on a monthly basis, as this could have been a breach on OnePlus devices. OnePlus should be taking security on their phones. as security is very important to me OnePlus need to improve on that front.

V1562705009301 likes this.
  6. G_ben_owen_YwOR
    Eclair Dec 6, 2019

G_ben_owen_YwOR , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 6, 2019 :
    it should not be every other month for security updates this isn't acceptable my mid-range Nokia is more secure and receives monthly security updates. OnePlus must change their straight on this.

V1562705009301 likes this.
  7. oneplus3l
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

oneplus3l , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Sadly people are still going to purchase Oneplus phones, Oneplus knows this so they don't really care, they don't even need to communicate to the community anymore about this hack. It's over and soon people will be buying Oneplus8.. stay tuned next year for the the annual Oneplus hack.

8. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2019

keithgpowell , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Did you even bother to read replies to your post and others .

Your post is off topic. Google's Android monthly security patches are NOT related to the this breach.

9. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Dec 9, 2019

MentalDraco , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Latest response when asking for a update on the situation.

"We truly apologize for the time taken to respond.

We can understand that you are waiting for the resolution on this. But I am afraid to inform you that we are still waiting for the update on this. However, as soon as we receive an update we will surely let you know through our reliable channels.

Your understanding and patience are highly appreciated."

G_plusone likes this.
  10. Ziv C.
    Security Team Staff Member Dec 9, 2019

Stickied Post
    Ziv C. , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Hello friends,

Thank you all for your patience. We just wanted to give you a quick update. As mentioned before, we reported the incident to relevant authorities in impacted countries as soon as we were able to confirm the details. Since then, we have conducted a thorough analysis of our system and laid out plans to prevent this from happening again. We are continuously upgrading our security program, placing an emphasis on data lifecycle protection, and raising their security level to the same as all of our systems. 

We are set to partner with a world-renowned hacker-powered security platform to test our system security comprehensively. We are also launching an official bug bounty program on December 19, which will allow security professionals and white hats from all around the globe to support us in improving our system and protecting your information. We will be sharing more information with you when both projects go live. 

EDIT: More information about the new bug bounty program and partnership can be found here.

Never Settle, 
    OnePlus Security 

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019

11. swarfendor437
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

swarfendor437 , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 9, 2019 :
    As you can tell I don't look frequently at my emails. Was informed by Customer Support that someone has looked at my order history and delivery address. I've not ordered anything since purchasing 1+ 3T

12. LeKeiser
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2019

LeKeiser , Dec 10, 2019 :
    That's good news. Really. OnePlus websites will be more secured.
    But what about the users who have been implicated in the last breach? Any news about who's stolen the information? Any news about what's really been hacked?
    I'm not looking for retribution or whatever. I just want to stop worrying about what might happen with the data they have now. I want some guidance FROM OnePlus, and not only from users. I mean, I feel like a dummy, "Well, your information has been stolen from us, our bad. But hey! There's the OnePlus 8 coming up, and it's Christmas!!! Don't forget to shop again"

keithgpowell likes this.
  13. KellyND1
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019

KellyND1 , Dec 10, 2019 :
    thanks for.your upfront and open approach with this. this makes me even happier to be a member of this community and a proud new owner of Seven Pro?!

Amanda W. likes this.
  14. mrgoodkat2
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2019

mrgoodkat2 , Dec 10, 2019 :
    So literally no new information from the initial post... Great, thanks for this invaluable update.

Edit:
    At least inform the affected of actual data/personal information was compromised.

LeKeiser and keithgpowell like this.
  15. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2019

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3 , Dec 10, 2019 :
    Really? "Happier to ......" and "proud ...."?
    Jeez, "get a life!" You have become indoctrinated with brand loyalty and Consumerism, which of course takes your mind away from real problems in Society - escapism?

Anyway, there appears to be nothing new said.........because, at the moment, there is nothing new to report. And that does not mean that OP is not dealing with this breach with due diligence.

LeKeiser likes this.
  16. KellyND1
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2019

KellyND1 , Dec 10, 2019 :
    wow, thanks for the positive welcome. lol. I guess some on here have serious issues. yeah...get a life.

17. keithgpowell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 10, 2019

keithgpowell , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 10, 2019 :
    You're welcome and spot on!

OK ”bro" and ”peace" as the ”like" youngsters say these days.

18. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 11, 2019

Cervantes , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Hi
    they sent you an email with information
    they told you what steps you should follow
    you can read the first post, second post, third post and fourth post

keithgpowell likes this.
  19. I1576152670722
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

20. yddtime
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2019

yddtime , Dec 12, 2019 :
    No email from OP means you are not affected by the security breach. Or so they say.