Security Notification

1. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Nov 22, 2019

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Chill bud. Let's not call people names.
    Be glad that it was caught early on this time. At least it isn't another Experian breach.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2019

2. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 22, 2019

gaster , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Hi @Ziv C. ,

Thank you for the heads up. As one of the affected users, I am really worry about this for the future as any one else I guess. I hope you guys can handle things more carefully and professional about the security part in the future. Fortunately there is not any exposed of a payment or account accessibility information according to your words but still it's a serious matter because the name, address, phone number etc. are personal and critical information - data. Do your best because security is the most important and it always was. Good luck with this and thanks for the heads up thread again Ziv.

B_Wrath, Alvie, buntycubal and 6 others like this.
  3. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Intruder71 , Nov 22, 2019 :
    We don't know that mate.... Jumping to conclusions hence we need to know more...

4. eduiiko
    Donut Nov 22, 2019

5. Baymax

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    How exactly did they mess up? There aren't any threads about strange purchases this time around.

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  6. eduiiko
    Donut Nov 22, 2019

eduiiko , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Some stranger, presumably a hacker, has access to my name, phone number and address. All because of OnePlus missmanagement. I'm not going to comfort myself by thinking " at least probably they don't have my cards info as well.

G_plusone and LeKeiser like this.
  7. Baymax

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I haven't seen any complaint of strange purchases this time around. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 22, 2019

camohan , Nov 22, 2019 :
    In addition to this questions, I think it's also important to know whether this breach was limited to certain region or it effected users across.

puccellino, B_Wrath, Alvie and 7 others like this.
  9. Baymax

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    or possibly it is all secured and no info was taken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

two sides to every coin bud.

Best to keep an open mind before pointing your finger.

buntycubal and Shivang Joshi like this.
  10. romkin541
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2019

romkin541 , Nov 22, 2019 :
    This is an absolute disgrace. I bought my phone slightly over 2 years ago, and this is the 3rd time it has happened. A bunch of incompetent fcuks. Why do you need to keep my data from 2+ years ago (other than for it to get hacked, of course)?

11. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

True..... But we don't know who leaked what and when and from who..
    We have both been here long enough to see this all before man, sharing our info with the highest bidder doesn't help....
    Unlike most Indian users that wanted call info shit and use truecaller and the likes deserve this... The rest of us don't...

12. Baymax

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I've seen people here in the US received emails about it. Seems like it was caught pretty early on this time though.

buntycubal, Shivang Joshi and camohan like this.
  13. Baymax

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    We don't know the details.
    It is skipping to conclusion when absolutely no info is known about the breach.

buntycubal and Shivang Joshi like this.
  14. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 22, 2019

camohan , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Sonia, Cheetosdust are not from US so I guess it's outside of US too

15. eduiiko
    Donut Nov 22, 2019

eduiiko , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Dude, they emailed me saying an unauthorized third party gained access to my personal data, because they ****** up.

I don't know who are you trying to defend here, but those are admitted facts.

Now don't make me waste my time anymore.

G_plusone and LeKeiser like this.
  16. Baymax

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    3rd time? I've only counted twice.
    But again you are skipping to conclusions here. It is unknown if any information was taken or anything like that.

17. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Please let that be the case and only affect India... Maybe then people would think twice about security and stop requesting shit that compromises all our security... Unfortunately I don't think that's the case @camohan

18. JelleZon
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

JelleZon , Nov 22, 2019 :
    gab es in der vergangenheit schon mal, da wurden Kreditkarten Informationen von Nutzern entwendet.

Also das einzige Problem ist jetzt, dass irgendjemand die oben genannten Infos von dir "geklaut" haben könnte. Musst du wissen, wie sehr dich das stört

19. yddtime
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2019

yddtime , Nov 22, 2019 :
    You seem to think having your name, address and phone number out of your control is no big deal. Why don't you post your info here if that's the case?

20. Deactivated User
    Nov 22, 2019