Security Notification

1. LeKeiser
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2019

LeKeiser , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Wow!
    You are someone, aren't you...
    So you'e been working as a security researcher for 5 years. Wow!
    Yeah...
    That makes me feel so much better.
    But you see, I work for a big company with thousand users all over the globe. Been working with them for 10 years now. Working for the IT department... Dealing with the network. You wouldn't believe how many sensible data we have to take care...

But you... Ah if you say I shouldn't worry because you know better...

Please do leave this thread too.

2. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Intruder71 , Nov 22, 2019 :
    The amount of posts of yours I could have pulled apart and in the end thought meh... Practical knowledge is worth far more than theory and books...

3. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Ignore them that's what I do... Self proclaimed expert nothing else..

4. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Nov 22, 2019

anupritaisno1 , Nov 22, 2019 :
    oneplus was the kind of company that had security reports sent to them by other companies and they ignored them
    other companies requested cve reports as oneplus ignored them
    oneplus still ignored them

the fact that oneplus at least admits their mistakes now is a pretty huge improvement and a step in the right direction

5. LeKeiser
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2019

First of all, I would love to see you IRL and have you say that to my face. Really.
    Second, my account has already been breached... What is the point to change now my financial information?
    Immature? Says who...

6. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Maybe you should butt out if your so sure all is well?

7. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Nov 22, 2019

anupritaisno1 , Nov 22, 2019 :
    that's what somebody who fails at theory says

most of computer science is formal proofs anyway so good luck learning it through practice

8. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Absolute crap... You are talking from your bottom, now please go away!

LeKeiser likes this.
  9. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

You are full of it....

malidan and LeKeiser like this.

10. LeKeiser
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2019

and that's supposed to make it alright?? I'm supposed to feel better and forget about the whole thing?
    Really, who's the immature one here.

11. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Nov 22, 2019

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Nope. I am going nowhere. I happen to know how breaches work. This thread is a whole bunch of people overreacting about everything.

We know that according to OnePlus that financial info was not taken and as the professor said: you'll get one more opportunity to be phished since no passwords or financial info was exposed. Also I have not noticed any complaint of strange purchases anywhere on the forum. Just about the emails they received.

So I would suggest you just chill and let this play out. If there is any result of this breach in the future then and only then would it be right to point fingers.

12. malidan
    Nougat Nov 22, 2019

malidan , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Trivialising people concerns in the name of..... just isn't on.

13. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Nov 22, 2019

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  14. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Nov 22, 2019

Baymax , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I actually do. I haven't seen any proof not to believe what they say. They came clean about it this time and didn't lead us on a wild goose chase.

Innocent unless proven guilty.

Shivang Joshi and Alvie like this.
  15. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

16. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Nov 22, 2019

SoniaB , Nov 22, 2019 :
    @anupritaisno1

As much as I appreciate you wanting to state facts by comparing with other companies data breaches such as FB, it really does not in any way help the users who have had this particular data breach and are posting in this thread. Your post is actually just aggravating more.

So please stop. If you are not affected by the breach (you have not received the email from OnePlus) then can I ask that you leave the thread for those who have been directly affected so that their voice is heard?

Many thanks

17. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

But they didn't come clean lol they passed the buck in all intent and purposes....
    Jesus open your eyes...
    What about all the data leaks they did openly so opaque about all that aren't they... Try doing some research on that and tell me how trustworthy they are! Oh and just how hard it is to find information about it..

LeKeiser likes this.
  18. LeKeiser
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2019

You happen to know jackshit and you're just posing here with your condescendant tone.
    Again, YOU DON'T KNOW IF THE FINANCIAL DATA AND PASSWORDS AND WHATELSE HAVE BEEN BREACHED!!! OnePlus says so. But why should I trust them? It's the second time it happened, damnit!! When something happens once, you raise your security standard so high that it can never happen again!
    Damn! Give us your address and email and all the rest if you really think this is no big deal! I'm waiting.

malidan, yddtime and Intruder71 like this.
  19. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

Spoken like someone that doesn't have a clue.......... They leak our info openly infont of our eyes

Starcommander likes this.