Seems Oneplus Didn't Mention The Nord Has a Plastic Frame..

1. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 23, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 23, 2020 :
    And? When this dude calls MKBHD "reviews" as unboxing and tries to justify launch reviews, isn't it what it's? Each and every his review, impression or other called video is just spec sheet review. No need to spend 10-15 minutes on such bullshit, especially when he openly lies.

2. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Well that's basically every YouTube "tech" review channel ever (there are a few exceptions). If you go there for some nit picking details or some great insights on the product, that's on you.

3. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 23, 2020

To be precise there're normal guys buying smartphones and other tech on their own, making comparisons, photo/video quality check with original downloads, throttling tests, experience discussion etc.

But not MKBHD, however each time any OnePlus event happens lots of people refer to his videos, just like if he was a benchmark...

4. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

fromsophie , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Interesting, didn't even click that they never mentioned anything about the build materials. Not too bothered about it being plastic as it will make the phone slightly lighter but not mentioning it is a bit sneaky.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  5. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Why I said there are a few exceptions. But once they get big enough and start getting review units, They'll have to give their positive first impressions.

6. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 23, 2020

Maybe yes, maybe no. But I agree here, it happens. I just stop watching those.

7. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 23, 2020

It makes me interested, what other not mentioned cut corners are...

8. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2020

fromsophie , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I was thinking the same - hopefully that is the only thing they've forgot to mention. I have to say OP has made a few mistakes with the launch of this phone which has surprised me. Fingers crossed they'll see what community members have been saying and learn from the mistakes in futures launches. I've ordered the device so I'll soon find out...

9. malidan
    Nougat Jul 23, 2020

malidan , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Saf knew.
    Frankie Tech knew.
    They all did what they always do, exaggerate and cover up on their OP reviews.

None of these guys ever report any of the common issue.
    Jelly? No
    Ghost touches? No it's palm refection and down to the curves
    Green screen? NO
    Black crush? NO
    Yellow Band? NO
    Focussing issues? No

All $400 cameras are trash except OP's, they will Improve theirs with updates. 😂😂😂

ASCHENTE_V, ilovesoneplus and the_o2 like this.
  10. Ankur.archi , via OnePlus 5 Slate Gray , Jul 23, 2020 :
    I think in OP Nord, they play very well by restricting Youtubers for not uploading full review and JRE to not post till theh sell quite high quantities.

11. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2020

GuitarBart , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Very possible but still. Some videos are sponsored and some are not. Issue I have with many reviews is that the phones are used for a couple weeks, a review is posted and they move on not noticing issues many people notice after a bit longer.

Also it was mentioned its not a flagship camera. It's an OK option if you quickly want to do simple point and shoot. If people complain about that they should just get a dedicated camera or a more expensive phone

iamelton likes this.
  12. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 23, 2020 :
    What is the problem with a plastic frame? No it's not considered a premium material, but the Nord is not priced at flagship levels. Tough decisions needed to be made to keep the cost down. The outside of the device is mostly Gorilla Glass 5, and according to OnePlus's marketing, the Nord has gone through rigorous testing to make sure it can cope with numerous drops and pressure. Isn't that enough?

13. SeanPlus

Didn't Carl say during the AR launch that the buttons were metal, or am I confusing that with something I saw in a YouTube unboxing?

14. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jul 23, 2020

luigimario , Jul 23, 2020 :
    @meatandy this dude is talking smack!!! :eek::eek::eek:

15. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2020

16. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jul 23, 2020

Baymax , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Looks like Saf says it is plastic with metal buttons. 1372313-b277704caeed8544bd590f50e1707f63.jpg

Maybe OnePlus did state it, but reviewers misheard?

SeanPlus likes this.
  17. SeanPlus

There you go -- the tactile parts are metal and glass. If the phone has passed testing, I've no idea why all the tears.

18. malidan
    Nougat Jul 23, 2020

malidan , Jul 23, 2020 :
    £379 is alot to pay for a plastic framed phone, at the start of the year SD765 devices came with Metal frames. They should have gone metal and charged the extra if need be
    It's going to be interesting to see how cool this phone stays without one of the main ways of spreading heat, some of the Realme's with plastic frames run very hot.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020

19. malidan
    Nougat Jul 23, 2020

malidan , Jul 23, 2020 :
    They notice the issues alright and readily point them out on other devices.

The Camera thing he was clearly trying to imply the camera may achieve levels it is not currently at, he did not offer the same sentiment when he was calling other camera's trash. For me this a clear attempt mislead and reminds me of the nailed it comment he made about the OP3 for OP to spend almost a year fixing the auto focusing.

ASCHENTE_V and ilovesoneplus like this.
  20. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jul 23, 2020

Baymax , Jul 23, 2020 :
    So tell me, if £379 is a lot to pay in 2020 then how about the Pocophone F1?
    Screenshot_20200723-095838_Samsung Internet.jpg
    £20 more than that (whoops I misread. Darn Euros confusing me. £90 more). I'm pretty sure that the SD765G is stronger than the SD845 or is at least as powerful while including the likes of 5G, a quad camera, OLED, NFC, etc. 2018 prices for a 2020 device? Plastic also does disperse heat better and give better signal. I see no problem at all with the price personally for what you are getting.