Seems Oneplus Didn't Mention The Nord Has a Plastic Frame..

1. malidan
    Nougat Jul 26, 2020

malidan , Jul 26, 2020 :
    I thought I said why already ?
    £380 or €400 for a plastic phone is not acceptable and if people accept it you will be paying up €600 for next years plastic midrangers.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  2. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

Graham Shaul , Jul 26, 2020 :
    That is not an explanation of why you say I am a hypocrite

3. 7ofclubs
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2020

7ofclubs , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Okay, I understand the discussion on if Oneplus should have said up front it has plastic sides.
    However, what for me is more important is that is the build quality now really bad? I preordered it and I don't have problems with plastic. There are many types of plastic and you can make it strong. So therefore my question, how bad is the quality? That would determine if I need to cancel it.

4. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 26, 2020 :
    It isn't a plastic phone, it has a plastic frame. The back and front is glass. If you're not happy with that don't buy phones with plastic frames.

I do agree, that OP should have mentioned it though

iamelton likes this.
  5. _Masa_
    Froyo Jul 26, 2020

_Masa_ , Jul 26, 2020 :
    There's plenty of phones in this price bracket that are ALL plastic. The Samsung Galaxy A71 for example.

At least the Nord still has a glass back.

6. malidan
    Nougat Jul 26, 2020

malidan , Jul 26, 2020 :
    It would not be for a OP fan speaking after the fact. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  7. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

You are avoiding my question. I have not been rude to you. I have given some alternative opinions to yours and at no time have I said that they are my opinions.

Yet in a public forum you call me a hypocrite but you do not have the courtesy to explain to me why you say that. So my question remains - please explain to me how I am a hypocrite?

8. malidan
    Nougat Jul 26, 2020

malidan , Jul 26, 2020 :
    But they didn't try to fool people into thinking it was metal :tearsofjoy:.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    You said that like it's a good thing well it isn't I find it amazing settlers will accept build quality going backwards (whilst paying more for the pleasure) because someone on youtube reckons its a good thing. :tearsofjoy:

Redmi Note 8 Pro under £200 same build
    Redmi Note 9 Pro max under £200 same build
    Redmi 10X same build £220
    K30 metal frame, more spec £177
    REALME X50 Pro (CN) Metal frame £190
    Poco F2P 8/256 superior phone/ build £399
    Poco F2P 6/128 superior phone/ build £335
    Nord 8/128 plastic frame £379
    Nord 12/256 plastic frame £469.
    Too much.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  9. malidan
    Nougat Jul 26, 2020

malidan , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Comprehension doesn't seem to your thing, the question was answered before you asked.:rolleyes:

10. Graham Shaul
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

So tell me again so that I understand.
    Why do you say that I am a hypocrite?

11. malidan
    Nougat Jul 26, 2020

malidan , Jul 26, 2020 :
    😂😂😂
    Take your pick

Interesting sentence.

So what are you trying to imply here?

Plastic is not premium. Without checking on almost any product you can purchase, the premium version will be metal or glass.

Definitive is the omissions in the specification on their website and the leading YouTubers doing what they always do in their sponsored videos, mislead.
    They get a reviewers package and guide right?

They have never delivered on the hype with the cameras always not being as they claimed , at the end of every series the words average or weakness are used to describe the camera.
    The term Flagship camera has been used for the Nord and even the influencers couldnt stretch to saying that after using the camera themselves. The OP8 has already proved to not be of that quality.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020

12. p51d007
    KitKat Jul 26, 2020

p51d007 , Jul 26, 2020 :
    The ONLY good things I could see from a plastic frame, would be a little flexibility, in case it gets slightly bent being stuffed into your overly tight pants pockets, and less chance of signal degradation from the metal frame. Some plastics, in certain instances are better than very light weight metal. The obvious question is, why Oppo's OnePlus FAILED to mention that.

malidan and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  13. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 27, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Enjoy

abhi9930 likes this.
  14. Beast✓
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2020

Beast✓ , Jul 27, 2020 :
    So finally the much awaited reality dumped by oneplus is out...

The body is made of plastic and guess what it didn't survive the test by JRE. REALLY poor build quality by oneplus.

I don't know why oneplus is running behind the money and making their device worst model by model...

Other phones with same spec and plastic body did survive the bend test.. really poor from oneplus charging high price for really poor built device

abhi9930 likes this.
  15. _Masa_
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

_Masa_ , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Who's honestly going to bend their phone like that? It's simply not applicable to real life.

iamelton likes this.
  16. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 27, 2020

Dude, look at Pocofone F1. It did survive this test as well as many other phones. Jesus, when will this end?

Users found out about Nord's plastic frame:
    • C'mon, look at Pocofone, it was durable. And anyways it doesn't matter, cuz it's OnePlus and they always released quality phones.
    Users saw JerryRigEverything video and Nord being bent and cracked:
    • C'mon, who is gonna bend their phone like that in real life?

17. _Masa_
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

_Masa_ , Jul 27, 2020 :
    That's because the Pocofone is made completely out of plastic. Having a plastic and glass combo makes the Nord more fragile than an all-plastic phone. Imagine the reaction if the Nord was all-plastic!

I'm not happy they went with plastic frames. I'd rather they had sacrificed one of the cameras but I don't think I've ever put any phone I've owned under that kind of stress.

iamelton likes this.
  18. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 27, 2020

You just proved my point about durability by saying about this poorly matched "combo". OnePlus should stop marketing it as "Nord is made of premium materials". And this test demonstrated its fragility in comparison with other phones.

19. AlexanderKolev
    Froyo Jul 27, 2020

AlexanderKolev , Jul 27, 2020 :
    I still don't understand why you are arguing over this? Having metal or plastic frame has it's pros and cons. However, OnePlus should've really mention it's plastic frame but that doesn't necessary make the phone bad. If you are not fan of the characteristics given, you just don't buy the phone. It's simple as that.

iamelton likes this.
  20. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 27, 2020

Dude, you're late for one week. JerryRigEverything already refuted this "that doesn't necessary make the phone bad". It does in this case...