Seems that Google is trying to kill off the Custom ROM community. via OnePlus 6T

1. Caomhin
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 30, 2020 :
    SafetyNet’s dreaded hardware attestation is rolling out, making it much harder for Magisk to hide root

Back in March, a few users with Magisk installed noticed that their devices were failing SafetyNet attestation. This news was troubling to the community at XDA because it means that many crucial banking/financial apps and popular games like Pokémon Go and Fate/Grand Order were refusing to run on rooted devices. For some time, it seemed as if the tightened restrictions in SafetyNet were pulled back, only to roll out again for a handful of users in the last few weeks. However, Google quietly confirmed in early May that they testing hardware-backed attestation for SafetyNet responses, which is what made Magisk unable to hide the bootloader unlocking status back in March. If this change widely rolls out, it will mean that users will have to choose between having access to root/custom ROMs/kernels/etc. or their preferred banking apps and games. One of the biggest appeals of Android for power users could soon be gone.

https://www.xda-developers.com/safetynet-hardware-attestation-hide-root-magisk/

2. rhyd1am
    KitKat Jul 30, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Unfortunately, it was inevitable that eventually Google would do this. I'll always be good to go since I'm one of "those" people who carry 2 phones everywhere, but sad that things are going this way. Half the features in Android that we all use everyday have come from the rooting community and custom ROMs.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Dissretarted
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2021

Dissretarted , Jan 19, 2021 :
    What makes it not only unfortunate but, pardon my french, bogus AF is google openly supported the AOSP at it's conception seemingly just to take from it's community for free then flip them the bird. Dual apk, pip, floating window, numerous customization tweaks all started as root mods. I used to profess my undying love for that company in front of god and everyone from a mountaintop, and now I'm doing everything I can to get the heck away from them as they continue to follow the screw customer business model employed by most major corporations.

malidan likes this.
  4. malidan
    Nougat Jan 20, 2021

malidan , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Dude i like you thinking, I have been saying this for years, they have dined on Open-Source development like flies on ****. What they have added themselves isn't worth talking about and their focus has been user data.
    The spynet is starting to close in with the news about whatsapp out there too.

5. pAiN_
    Honeycomb Jan 20, 2021

pAiN_ , Jan 20, 2021 :
    I personally find oxygenOS better than the AOSP. I have used most of the opensource OS for the android and always find my self coming back to OxygenOS. It's a balance between the performance and the Battery life.

6. Dissretarted
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2021

Dissretarted , Jan 26, 2021 :
    I kn
    You aint s******. I've been trying to get everyone I know over to surespot for years. Encrypted end to end communication. If you forget your password that profile is lost forever. And user control over the archive or deletion of the communication on both ends. And then lately signal. And that one's has more exposure given today's climate of privacy awareness. I'll tell you what, If I had it in my power, Edward Snowden would have attendants fanning him with ferns and feeding him skinless grapes all day. Ask me that man is a f****** hero.

Attached Files: