Send a heartfelt postcard to a Community friend to celebrate our 8th Anniversary!

1. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Dec 3, 2021

dsmonteiro , Dec 3, 2021 :
    1719157-e9cdf9ccac768251640374b63d1e4622.png

Hey everyone,

When @YRJ reached out to me with the idea for this thread a few months back, I thought this would be a perfect fit for the anniversary celebrations. Over the last 8 years, the story of OnePlus Community was built by personal connections, between OnePlus and the users, but, perhaps more importantly, amongst users.

I'm sure that, for anyone that stays active in the Community, the people you meet along the way are a big part of why you log back in. That is certainly true for me, and I know it to be true for many of you as well. While many of us haven't had the chance to meet in real life, the relationships that arise from our interactions here in the Community lead to a very true form of friendship.

This thread is meant to celebrate those connections. We're inviting you to write a heartfelt message for a postcard to anyone you came to like through this online Community. We'll select the top entries, prepare a postcard, and send it out to that user, either digitally via DM, or by post, whenever possible. What you write, is totally up to you, we only ask you to keep it under 50 words. You can choose to let the other user know your name or keep it anonymous, and you can submit up to five entries.

Make sure you submit your entry by December 12. We'll reward all the users that submit a valid entry with 50 raffle points.

And if you feel like the appreciation you have for someone deserves public recognition, we invite you to also drop a message in the comments below and tag that person.

2. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Dec 4, 2021

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Dec 4, 2021 :
    That is a very valid point I didn't consider at first. Yes, we'll notify the senders if their postcards were selected.

Based on the feedback of several people, I'm also bumping the limit of entries from 3 to 5. I understand that many of you would love to send them out many more, but we also don't want to dilute the gesture. Just imagine if you'd send a Valentine to the whole class... ;)

3. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Dec 13, 2021

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Dec 13, 2021 :
    Hey everyone, Raffle Points were distributed to the valid entries. We will go through the entries and start preparing the best entries as postcards. Please bear with us, we'll send them as soon as possible.

4. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Jan 8, 2022

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Jan 8, 2022 :
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the late reply. We already selected our favorite messages and used them as references for the creative agency to design the templates for the postcards. We should start sending the virtual postcards soon, and the physical ones shortly after.

RacerZ, atenaa, psygarden and 10 others like this.
  5. SJBoss
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2021

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Dec 3, 2021

YRJ , Dec 3, 2021 :
    So heartfelt, my heart almost stopped beating.

7. dsmonteiro

I'm sure you can show your love for them in a more articulate way, even if it's in your own special way of showing you like someone. 😉

Vansh99, otto2, Karun Deep and 17 others like this.
  8. SRD.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Dec 3, 2021

SRD. , Dec 3, 2021 :
    This is something my kind of thread.
    Thanks for bringing it on.
    Will write mine soon.
    If I have plenty of Postcards to send???
    Thanks, @YRJ. for the idea maybe you'll get one.

9. Starcommander
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Dec 3, 2021

Gor., WakeAwake, haildarkseid and 7 others like this.
  10. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Writers' Club Dec 3, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Me: Writes letter, searches for the imaginary girlfriend to address it to.

11. McJader

McJader , Dec 3, 2021 :
    I like this idea tbh.

12. dsmonteiro

As long as she has a valid username, that works.

13. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 3, 2021 :
    I came across a person so beautiful 🥰 that in trying to help her , she thought I'm picking on her and she removed her profile photo! Now i can't even find her. 😬 . Community is a fun place to meet many interesting people ! 😁

rasta_firasta, anunayC, Gor. and 7 others like this.
  14. SJBoss
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2021

SJBoss , Dec 3, 2021 :
    I sent em the screenshot, they loved it.
    too bad @Tobikage and @toastytoast1234 can't see it.

15. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Dec 3, 2021

YRJ , Dec 3, 2021 :
    No limit on the number of postcards you can submit but not sure if all of them will be made into physical cards. ;)

No scavenger hunt but this isn't half as bad, no? :D

16. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Writers' Club Dec 3, 2021

17. SRD.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Dec 3, 2021

SRD. , Dec 3, 2021 :
    I want to receive one 🥺.

18. Starcommander

Starcommander , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Both are great. This seems to have a personal touch. But my only concern is staff will go through the messages :oops:

What if the message is for the staff who is evaluating :D

Gor., WakeAwake, haildarkseid and 5 others like this.
  19. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Dec 3, 2021

Gor., WakeAwake, haildarkseid and 6 others like this.
  20. SJBoss
    Lollipop Dec 3, 2021

SJBoss , Dec 3, 2021 :
    She blocked him, and she's married :rolleyes:

otto2, WakeAwake, the_o2 and 12 others like this.
  21. dsmonteiro

They will be heartwarmed instantly. 😅

otto2, Gor., WakeAwake and 10 others like this.
  22. hbk1402
    Beta Tester of the Year Award 2021 Dec 3, 2021

23. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 3, 2021 :
    You have 50 words, feel free to write your mind. As long as you put your heart into it, it won't be filtered :p

My only concern is @dsmonteiro will write one for himself from his @Not Dsmonteiro account. But unfortunately, that cannot be helped. :rolleyes:

anunayC, Gor., nerdkabir and 12 others like this.