Network/Connectivity Sending & recieving MMS while on WiFi

1. westlunda
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021

westlunda , Mar 3, 2021 :
    I'm having trouble sending and receiving MMS if the phone is connected to WiFi. The problem according to Telia (my operator here in Sweden) says that the phone is trying to send or receive the MMS via WiFi instead of the cellular network and this is not allowed by Telia.
    I have tried to disable wifi connectivity for the messaging app but it makes no difference. I've tried with the OP Sms/Mms app and with Google Messages, same problem.

I have tried with Android 10 and Android 11 beta, same problem.

2. ChristianSE
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2021

ChristianSE , Mar 4, 2021 :
    Both I on my OnePlus 7T and my sister on hers OnePlus 6 have the same problem that MMS (picture messages) doesn't send or receives when the phones are connected to WiFi.
    We both have the carrier Fello in Sweden. Fello uses Telia's network.
    I have also tried the things that westlunda have tried.

Update 6 march 2021
    I have talked to the carrier Fello and they said that Fello and Telia are working on to fix this problem and hope they are finished to find a solution to the end of march 2021.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021

3. Larsson.s
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2021

Larsson.s , Mar 7, 2021 :

I just switch to Halebop ( Telia Network ) from tele2, had tele2 for 7 years and not a single problem, and boom when i switch to Swedens "biggest" supplier the problems just keep stacking Up, My recomendation is avoid anything that is a part of Telia like covid, i get mms when i cancel wifi, but i need to cancel it from time to time because i fint get a notefication.

4. westlunda
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2021

westlunda , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 9, 2021 :
    I don't know if Telia can solve this though. It's only OP phones that have this problem, I'm hoping for a fix from OP. And it's not all OP models that have this fault.

5. ChristianSE
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2021

ChristianSE , Mar 9, 2021 :
    From yesterday (2021-03-08) MMS (picture messages) start working on my OnePlus 7T and my sister's OnePlus 6 with the carrier Fello (Telia Network).

To get it working we rebooted our phones.