Sensor test tool "The application cannot reach the android service for the sensor" issue

1. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2016

Nickexp , Jun 11, 2016 :
    Hey, so my fingerprint scanner/home button stopped working a while back and I couldn't find a solution, but then a few weeks ago it started working again, but would act as though someone was tapping it like once a second unless I held my finger down on it (only when the screen was unlocked did it do that, though), but after a hour of this it once again stopped working again- but it showed me that it wasn't a hardware issue.

I just updated to the new update and when I ran the fingerprint scanner test it gave me more insight than it normally did, and it seems like the issue is with the android service sensor.

Does anyone know any fixes for this? I've tried all of the ones I could find, and if it helps I also started getting occasional random reboots at the same time my home button stopped working, and it also stopped working as I used to phone, it was working one minute, then it suddenly had a delay, then stopped registering anything all together.

My phone is the ONE A2001 model of the OP2 and is running OxygenOS version 3.0.2

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

2. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2016

3. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2016

4. ShortyEx

ShortyEx , Jun 11, 2016 :
    If the sensor is not working and testing is giving you this problem, even before the update, you might want to contact OP support and see if it's not a hardware problem.

5. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2016

Nickexp , Jun 11, 2016 :
    I know it isn't because it stopped working for months then started working again for a hour- and when it first broke it started working 30 minutes after I assumed I was screwed, and dead hardware doesn't just continually come back randomly for the sh*ts n' giggles. Plus, I live in Australia and sending it anywhere to be repaired means not having a phone for an unacceptable amount of time (an amount of time that, based off of what I've heard about Oneplus's support/repair system, could take much longer than they say it will) and I don't want it sent somewhere when it's a software issue.

6. ShortyEx

ShortyEx , Jun 11, 2016 :
    If a connector has a faulty contact, it wouldn't be so crazy that it does work on some occasions.
    For example a colleague of mine had a bad display connector and his display worked on and off because of it.
    I would still try to contact customer support and see if they can rule out a hardware problem.

7. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2016

Nickexp , Jun 11, 2016 :
    I'm on with customer support now, apparently I have to "Please wait one moment..." according to the server- and I've been waiting for "one moment" for the past 10 minutes. Gotta love Oneplus's support.

8. glen_jim
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2016

glen_jim , Sep 9, 2016 :
    Did they fix it?

9. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Sep 10, 2016

Nickexp , Sep 10, 2016 :
    Nope, they just offered to have me send it in which would cost a lot from Australia, then they'd probably just go "oh, there's also damage here, here, here and here you have to pay for" based off of what I've heard of other people's experiences. Besides, some kid caused the phone to have a few dead pixels and bent it so he had to pay for a new one then I paid the difference for a OP3 which should be arriving in less than 17 days.

10. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Sep 10, 2016