Serious camera bug due to latest update (Oxygen OS 2.1)

?

Did you guy's have this issue with the latest update?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PrajwalK
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

PrajwalK , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Thanx for the info. No I did not try reset cause I had done it twice since I got the phone (for previous updates). I'm tired setting it up again from scratch. Also another user told that factory reset did not help.

Any idea on how to shoot a clear image on cameranext mod?

2. gjaroudi
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2015

gjaroudi , Sep 30, 2015 :
    My back camera not working , only the front camera working.
    I have the oxygen 2.1 on my one plus two
    Need help

3. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2015

magnamentis , Sep 30, 2015 :
    and now you think because this happens to you it is a bug? first of all i've seen only one person posting something similar till now and even if that would make 10 or 20 out of tens of thousands it still would be a user space issue and not a but. this bug is not existing as such and if it happens to some they did something that triggers it. as well you don't provide any additional useful input as to your configuration, hence no help is possible except from one of the few who may have seen this and solved it but i would be surprised.

4. PrajwalK
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

PrajwalK , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Yes this is for sure a bug. Cause it is happening right after updating to Oxygen OS 2.1. Its not my issue if others don't face this problem (I care about the 20 facing this). And be specific, what do you mean by configuration(We all have a same configuration). What is user space issue? You mean to say there is no space to save pictures on my device? There is tons of space. I don't think one image will take 40 GB (free space in my device).

I had provided all the info that a normal user could figure out:
    • Scenario when the problem occurs (Flash is used to click the pic)
    • Result of the issue (screen going completely off)
    • Outcome (Picture not being taken)
    • Observances made (Laser still being on)
    • Steps tried in solving the issue ( clear data and reboot)
    If you need configuration of my device refer this thread-
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/v1-5-the-oneplus-2-ultimate-spec-sheet.334824/

Any additional info can be provided by normal users only if somebody guides them on what info to provide. So if you really think you can really solve this and need any useful input, ASK FOR IT (and not make a fuss about we not providing it).

debashishsarkar likes this.
  5. archip87
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

archip87 , Sep 30, 2015 :
    I really don't have the flash button. How did you turn it on ?

6. archip87
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

archip87 , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Just read the forum and deselected the Beauty mode :D flash button is here :D

otto2 likes this.
  7. makchaudhary
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2015

makchaudhary , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Try dirty flashing of current Oxygen 2.1 update...and clean cache...it may solve your problem :)

8. Prathamesh Borgharkar
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2015

Prathamesh Borgharkar , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Yes i too face the exact same problem after the Update only.
    And yes their camera app still needs way too many updates...
    too many glitches

pranavkankee likes this.
  9. sdsiraj9
    Cupcake Oct 1, 2015

sdsiraj9 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    If u double click on HDR, beauty or clear image u will get the flash option

10. yatinsatam
    Donut Oct 3, 2015

yatinsatam , Oct 3, 2015 :
    got exactly the same issue....thinking of returning the phone...

11. Xyz5213
    Eclair Oct 3, 2015

Xyz5213 , Oct 3, 2015 :
    Not only camera... Mobile also heating drastically.. Battery also draining very fast..
    One plus one is far batter than op2

Not g first generation working good than op2..

12. mathiasb
    Donut Oct 3, 2015

13. Tchu7929
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2015

Tchu7929 , Oct 3, 2015 :
    My face unlock isn't working, facebook app crashes upon opening, and there's no way to set the lock screen photo.

14. debashishsarkar
    Honeycomb Oct 7, 2015

debashishsarkar , Oct 7, 2015 :
    Guys we should really push this one hard ... This has to be fixed.. I don't know when the next update comes... We have to push this hard so that atleast some one either bothers to look at this problem

abhishek kimar and PrajwalK like this.
  15. abhishek kimar
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2015

abhishek kimar , Oct 12, 2015 :
    When in a dark room or so, when I take picture with flash mode on...the camera screen goes blank and I hve to lock and unlock it to solve the problem. But if happens again when I take another shot. Any solution for this I guess many frnds are facing same issue

16. abhishek kimar
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2015

abhishek kimar , Oct 12, 2015 :
    When in a dark room or so, when I take picture with flash mode on...the camera screen goes blank and I hve to lock and unlock it to solve the problem. But if happens again when I take another shot....many guys are facing same issue OnePlus please address these problem....u guys have hyped this phone so please make it up to the mark....we cannot tolerate camera issue...please provide solution :(

PrajwalK likes this.
  17. dginik
    Eclair Oct 13, 2015

dginik , Oct 13, 2015 :
    im getting long save time to the point where if you close the camera app it wont save the image and also you have to hold camera very still and it seems to blur very easy, disappointing as before the update it was actually looking to be a good camera

18. de@thBringer
    Donut Oct 13, 2015

de@thBringer , Oct 13, 2015 :
    This is definitely a bug confirmed.

Happens in low light conditions.Gets fixed on doing a reboot for sometime.

@magnamentis, what configuration man? What other details do you want. Running on latest update. No other issues except this. What more additional input do you require? You want a logcat, then users need root. OP should solve this. And this problem was not present in the previous ROM version.

NOTE : - Look at the votes at the top of the page before locking conclusions.

PrajwalK likes this.
  19. PrajwalK
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2015

PrajwalK , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Our issue has also been mentioned on Android Authority guys. But sadly none of the solutions provided by them is working for most of us.
    2015-10-14_204126.jpg

Hoping somebody from OnePlus team will comment on this issue and let us know if they are working on fixing this in the coming update.

20. de@thBringer
    Donut Oct 15, 2015

de@thBringer , Oct 15, 2015 :
    Is there an official bug thread somewhere in this forum? Maybe we should post it there. I was not able to find it.

By the way, @PrajwalK , rebooting the phone does solve the issue for me sometimes. It is very frustrating though. Whenever you want to take a photo and people are standing infront of you, and you are not able to take it. And then you just stand there like a clueless duck.

PrajwalK likes this.