Serious stability Problem

1. hoenes
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2019

hoenes , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Today I've got the second time a blackscreen dead Op7Pro while in Standby/Doze (no charching was possible in this state). To revive I had to pusch Power+Vol for several seconds.
    Is anyone else facing this?

First time was last Week under OOS9.5.6 second time today running OOS9.5.8

2. Filepp
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2019

3. hoenes
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2019

hoenes , Jul 7, 2019 :
    and again, today it happened for the third time. Not read about thus bug yet.

4. reviloro
    Donut Jul 7, 2019

reviloro , Jul 7, 2019 :
    I had the same problem a few minutes ago.
    Phone worked fine the whole day. When I picked it up from the table 45 minutes later: dead.
    Black screen, Phone was cold, no life-sign. Charging did nothing. Started to try different button-combos.
    Vol+ & Power brought it back to life after a couple of seconds. Battery was at 91% then.

I guess I have to use a second phone as alarm clock backup. Never had a brand new phone with such issues.

5. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 7, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jul 7, 2019 :
    I'm wondering if this is related to a certain app you have installed, because I have never had this issue once

6. reviloro
    Donut Jul 7, 2019

reviloro , Jul 7, 2019 :
    Sadly not completely out of the question. I had issues on phones with custom roms and total battery drainage in the past. But never a stock, 4 weeks old, phone that wouldn't wake from doze.

The only new apps on my phone for the last few days are "AllTrails". (5 Mio dl's) and "osm and+" (100k dl's)
    And I had installed, run and uninstalled Kaspersky AV. (yeah, I know of Google play protect). Maybe a reboot after that would have done some good.

Anyway, I would have hoped that the Android sandboxing would prevent any non-system app to mess up an unrooted phone in such a way.

7. hoenes
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

hoenes , Jul 26, 2019 :
    Just to keep track of this problem. I had peace some days, but now it is back. Yesterday the 4th time blackscreen dead device in Standby/Doze and today, just the minutes before I'm writing the Op7Pro freezed while I was browsing in Chrome just to go in bsdd mode for the 5th time after some seconds. That is annoying OnePlus.

P. S. OOS 9.5.10

8. hoenes
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2019

hoenes , Jul 30, 2019 :
    Again - this time while warp charching. It stopped charging by the way, witch is consistent to earlier findings.
    Still on OOS 9.5.10.

Maybe I should send it back.

9. DeathMoJo
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2019

DeathMoJo , Jul 31, 2019 :
    I have had this issue once and it was on a restart of the phone. Power+ volume fixed the issue but never knew what caused it.

Could be an app hanging causing the issue. Any consistency of when it started?

10. rahulnigam95
    Eclair Aug 1, 2019

rahulnigam95 , Aug 1, 2019 :
    I also faced the same issue once. screen dead Nothing was working. My phone was locked before that.

11. hoenes
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

hoenes , Aug 1, 2019 :
    Not till now.
    It happened 6 times to me.
    once while browsing in Chrome,
    onec locked, screen of, while (warp) charching and
    2 times locked, screen of not charging, carrying it in my pocket
    2 times locked, screen of not changing, just laying around.

so what?

12. Jack_Sparrow_
    Eclair Aug 1, 2019

Jack_Sparrow_ , Aug 1, 2019 :
    It happened to me too today. It was the first time since I bought this phone. I also had today, for the first time, screen locked in my pocket because it woke up and I "tried" too many times to unlock it. This new update is a nightmare to me...

13. hoenes
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2019

hoenes , Aug 14, 2019 :
    uups it did it again. For the 7th time in about 60 days.

OOS9.5.11 during Standby in my Pocket.

14. RapFan
    Donut Aug 15, 2019

RapFan , Aug 15, 2019 :
    Yes i have the same problem, three times for now. Last time i was connected to my bluetooth's car, but i think this is unrelated.

15. reviloro
    Donut Aug 21, 2019

reviloro , Aug 21, 2019 :
    2nd time for me today. This time I overslept because the alarm didn't go off.
    This destroys any confidence in the reliability of this phone.
    I can't have a phone which freezes for no understandable and reproduce-able reason. The phone was running for approx. 2-3 days since the last reboot.

I guess there is at least one other thread addressing the same issue:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-7pro-unresponsive.1093452/

Running the latest O-OS: 9.5.11

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019

16. hoenes
    Gingerbread Aug 28, 2019

hoenes , Aug 28, 2019 :
    Just to keep track - 8th time still on 9.5.11 again on standby in my pocket.

17. hoenes
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

18. rahulnigam95
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

19. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

G_android_x14 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    As your problem is regular, i suspect some 3rd party app is contributing as many of use have never had a problem. Have you tried running in safe mode? How about a factory reset and test before installing/restoring any applications?

20. reviloro
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

reviloro , Sep 9, 2019 :
    For someone who is having multiple daily occurrences, this could be a reasonable way to check.
    I could imagine that many of us have the system stability report enabled. I expect the manufacturer to analyze these logs and figure out what the issue is, not to crowd source the bug hunt.

hoenes likes this.