Camera Serious video stabilisation issues

1. simolio
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2021

simolio , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Hi All,

I contacted OnePlus support but they could not assist - I was advised to try the forums instead.

Ever since I received the phone from pre-order, I've had serious issues where the scene will begin skewed and then keep randomly rotating. It also looks permanently like it's in a fish-eye mode.

I thought this was teething problems that would get sorted out within the first couple of updates, and because I'm not a frequent video-taker I kept waiting for a fix. It's even worse looking at it on screen when recording as it rotates wildly when zooming in/out, but when watching it back it is just really bad quality.

https://youtube.com/shorts/uG_7leGNJ6U?feature=share

Here are responses to the questions asked by OnePlus Support - any help would be much appreciated!

. May I know the current OS? Oxygen OS 11.2.8.8.LE25BA
    . Since when are you facing this issue? or When did this issue begin happening? I can't find any videos where this issue isn't present, so possibly close to the purchase date.
    . Has it been occurring consistently, or does it happen on and off? Have you tried any solutions on your own? Consistently, tried changing video settings but can't find any solutions. Have looked on forums and can't find anyone with similar issues.
    . I just wanted to confirm if the device has fallen on the floor or has experienced any shock or incurred physical or liquid damage? No
    . Could you please share the order number and IMEI number of the device? #imei edited by mod
    . Was this issue started after updating to latest OS version or before updating to latest OS version? Before updating.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2021

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Dec 4, 2021

Dresa91 , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Hey,
    Did you update to the latest version 11.2.10.10?
    How does it look in safe mode?
    Are you using a lense protector?

And please remove the IMEI. this is a public user forum. Here are just users like you and me

Xcommunicad0 likes this.
  3. Fabio.Mar
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Dec 4, 2021

Fabio.Mar , Dec 4, 2021 :
    I've edited your post removing Imei for your safety.

Dresa91 likes this.
  4. simolio
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2021

simolio , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Thank you for spotting the IMEI - did not realise!

No lens protector and taking photos are completely fine. I've updated to version 11.2.9.9.LE25BA which is the most up-to-date in my region. It is only the video camera, so I imagine it must be a hardware fault?

Dresa91 likes this.
  5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Dec 4, 2021

Dresa91 , Dec 4, 2021 :
    Okay, can you test it in safe mode?
    Can you please clear cache and storage of the camera app and camera service app?

Xcommunicad0 likes this.
  6. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Dec 4, 2021

7. simolio
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

simolio , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Cleared the cache and storage of those apps and tested in safe mode - no change. When I switch from photo to video mode, you can see it zooming in and warping during the transition - i'm not sure if video has a greater zoom by default compared to photo, is this common?

8. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Dec 6, 2021

Dresa91 , Dec 6, 2021 :
    I don’t…
    Did you contact the support?

9. simolio
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

simolio , Dec 6, 2021 :
    OnePlus support told me to go to the forums....seems like a vicious cycle - guess this will teach me not to pre-order. I can't really send my phone off to repair as it has my personal and work SIM - will be a massive hassle. Guess that's why they partnered with Hasslebad!

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Dec 7, 2021

Dresa91 , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Submit a bug report via https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/