Setting music as ringtone

1. L1517196646267
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2018

L1517196646267 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Hello I am looking to download music, and set it as my ringtone or alarm tone, I previously had an iPhone and you just went on the Apple store and bought a ringtone and you could freely use it for an alarm or when someone called you yet I can't seem to find anything similar on the one plus, thanks in advance

2. G_Azeem_Rangrez_FxnT
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2018

G_Azeem_Rangrez_FxnT , Apr 24, 2018 :
    as it is an android device.....you have to go settings brother.....there you will find an option of sounds (or user profiles).....in that you can select your ringtones either from preloaded ones or the song of your choice which is stored in your phone storage.

3. ToddskinsOrder
    Froyo Apr 24, 2018

ToddskinsOrder , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Couple of things for setting ringtones to songs for your contacts:

1) Use your contact list app, select your contact, click the edit (pencil) icon, then click on the 3 dots in the top right corner, choose "Set Ringtone", and then try to find the song you like.

If you have 6000 songs on your phone like I have, finding the song will be a nightmare because One Plus did not include the most basic and fundamental "search" options and they are not sorted in any meaningful manner. Practically random. Truly. You cannot search. You can only scroll.

Where you expect a search tool, you'll find a word called "fragment" or "fragmentation" (I cannot remember exactly) which means only show the songs that are less than 30 seconds long and put them at the top of the list of songs (or something of that nature).

2) The better route is to go into your song folder and find the song you like through this method, and then choose to make that song into a ringtone. Now, when you look to set a Ringtone from the contact list, that song will be added to your ringtones list. Thus, it is not necessary to go scrolling through hundreds or thousands of songs to choose it because it is now part of that ringtone list.

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Apr 24, 2018

elanglois , Apr 24, 2018 :
    you can use your media player or your file manager they should both have options to set the ringtone. Alternatively, you can just add the MP3 file to your ringtones folder on your internal storage and then set it from settings.

1524558328651.jpg

1524558328851.jpg

5. G_Vangelis_Christoforou_
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2018

6. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Apr 24, 2018

Gav_W86 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Apple tries to flog you a track separately as a ringtone file. On Android you can set it from pretty much any music file you have on the device, just choose "local ring tone" in the settings for ringtones and choose a file.

7. Seikun
    Froyo Apr 24, 2018

8. Omkar_Bhavsar
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2018