Settings menu unresponsive in android 8.0

1. pratikkapoor92
    Eclair Jan 6, 2018

pratikkapoor92 , Jan 6, 2018 :
    Hi All,

Since I have updated to android 8.0.0 (OOS 5.0 and 5.0.1) on my 3T, I have been experiencing a rather annoying bug. After a days use or so, WiFi toggles go unresponsive, they get stuck in as is state. Overall settings app goes unresponsive and gives pop ups to force close. I have to (hard) restart the device everytime when this happens, as it wont shut down cleanly too.

Oneplus 3T is a great phone but honestly the software experience and the OOS bugs have ruined the experience to a great extent.

P.s. I have done all the necessary wipe/data clean. Any other solution is welcomed.

2. tisko4
    Froyo Jan 6, 2018

tisko4 , Jan 6, 2018 :
    Make factory reset from recovery, it's little boring to take backup all your files to PC but all this help you

3. pratikkapoor92
    Eclair Jan 6, 2018

I have done that already! For few days everything was fine! But then again Im facing the same issue.

4. F1511680468513
    Froyo Jan 6, 2018

5. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Jan 6, 2018

RASTAVIPER , Jan 6, 2018 :
    Did you reinstall all your apps from scratch after the reset or not?

6. pratikkapoor92
    Eclair Jan 6, 2018

How will that matter, after a factory reset all data is erased, I installed each app from play store.

the update is rubbish, i have experienced the same issue after 2 factory resets.

7. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Jan 6, 2018

RASTAVIPER , Jan 6, 2018 :
    Just trying to understand your situation.

If you made a proper factory reset, then as you said all apps should be reinstalled.
    In this case, the phone is like new and shouldn't be slow as you say. So it's weird.
    Only thing now is to check if some app is causing this issue.
    Do you have some demanding apps installed, like games or other cpu heavy programs?

8. pratikkapoor92
    Eclair Jan 6, 2018

No the phone is not slow! its just that the Wi-Fi toggle becomes inactive and when that happens the settings menu crashes and phone needs to be hard restarted.

9. Yeshwanth A
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2018