Several Problems With OnePlus Buds Pro

1. Alex Zidar
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2021

Alex Zidar , Nov 30, 2021 :
    I've recently purchased a pair of OnePlus Buds Pro via the Black Friday sale event that OnePlus hosted. They just came in the mail today, the first noticeable problem was when I first tried to pair them and noticed that they did not automatically connect to my OnePlus 9 (5G). I continued with the pairing process through normal means (using the button on the charging case). From there I went to find them in the settings under Settings>Bluetooth&Device Connection>Bluetooth>OnePlus Buds Pro in hopes of enabling the LHDC codec or altering its other settings. This is where I found that LHDC could not be enabled (I realize that an Oxygen OS update is needed but don't know which version). Buds Pro Codec Setting.jpg After this, I decided to download the HeyMelody app in order to update the software. Thus, the third issue was found, in which I could not install the 489 Firmware Update as it was stuck saying "489 (Update available)". I dug around on the internet and found that some people suggested using the OnePlus Buds app. Unfortunately, I found that it is not compatible with my device (as it is supposed to be installed automatically?). Buds App.jpg I have found little solution nor help from searching such issues online and on these forums. As previously stated I am using the OnePlus 9 5G on Android 11 with the software version 11.2.8.8.LE54CB (several instances behind the latest) installed. After some digging, however, I believe that the main reason behind these issues is that my oxygen OS is outdated, but because my phone is locked by TMobile I am unable to update it manually and will have to wait for TMobile to release an update. Sadly, this means that I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, being forced to wait for TMobile to push an update in order to allow me full access to the OnePlus Buds Pro. I post this to hopefully share my findings with anyone else wondering why they are having issues with the OnePlus Buds Pro and to possibly find an alternative solution to waiting.

Attached Files:

Elmo1 likes this.
  2. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 1, 2021

Gor. , Dec 1, 2021 :
    Hey there,

In regards to LHDC, according to the Audio Product Manager at OnePlus, this will be supported once OS 12 rolls out. The following is his actual post on the case:

Liehjan likes this.
  3. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 1, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 1, 2021 :
    Can confirm, LHDC support is added in A12 beta.

Gor. likes this.
  4. Liehjan

Liehjan , Dec 1, 2021 :
    You can install an older version of the buds app from apkmirror.

Gor. likes this.
  5. Alex Zidar
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2021

Alex Zidar , Dec 1, 2021 :
    What version do you recommend? I've tried to install both 1.3.7 and 1.2.17 and neither have allowed me to open them after installation.

6. Liehjan

Liehjan , Dec 1, 2021 :
    Try 1.3.3

Gor. likes this.
  7. Alex Zidar
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2021

Is there a special program I need to run these APKs? Ive downloaded and installed all versions of the app from 1.3.3 to the latest version and none of them have allowed me to open the final app.

Attached Files:

8. Liehjan

Liehjan , Dec 1, 2021 :
    You need an app from apkmirror called "apkmirror installer"

Gor. likes this.
  9. Alex Zidar
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2021

Ok, I tried installing the app through the installer. It states that the buds app was successfully installed yet when I press open app nothing happens. I have no antivirus active and I allowed the programs to install from source. Thank you for your help, but I think sticking with the HeyMelody app for now is fine.

10. Liehjan

Liehjan , Dec 1, 2021 :
    It's not an app you can open. You go into bluetooth settings and click the cogwheel next to buds pro, that will take you to buds app.

Gor. likes this.
  11. Alex Zidar
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2021

You're right, I completely forgot it was built into the Bluetooth settings. Thank you again for your help.

Liehjan likes this.
  12. Liehjan

Liehjan , Dec 1, 2021 :
    You're welcome:)

Gor. likes this.
  13. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 2, 2021

Gor. , Dec 2, 2021 :
    That's great news for all the LHDC fans ;).

Liehjan likes this.