Shall I buy my OP5 in US or Canada ? -- Have both options...

1. Grolan
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2017

Grolan , Sep 8, 2017 :
    About to order my OP5 soon - will be used in Canada (Toronto).

Since I go to US every month, I can ship it there instead.

1. Is it worth it (cheaper) to ship it there ? Any idea about the extra charges in Canada (customs, HST..) ?

2. The OP5s are exactly the same if shipped in Canada or US ? No compatibility issues I guess.

3. Any suggestions what accessories too include (if any) ? Or I can find them locally ?

Tx in advance..

2. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Sep 8, 2017

drmartin , Sep 8, 2017 :
    1. Usually it's a bit cheaper in the USA - since there are no taxes charged. In Canada you will get a final charge in the shopping cart, this includes customs fees and handling.
    2. You can buy the OP5 (not earlier models, perhaps not later) from ANYWHERE in the world. Except for the charger, they are exactly the same phones.
    3. Get a case! And some tempered glass. The official OnePlus cases are the bomb! The glass you can probably get anywhere, but the official one is pretty sleek. :)

Hope this helps!

3. Grolan
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2017

Grolan , Sep 8, 2017 :
    tx drmartin
    appreciate your help

drmartin likes this.
  4. Kushinata
    Froyo Sep 11, 2017

Kushinata , Sep 11, 2017 :
    I concur with buying a OnePlus case; the phone back itself is smooth aluminum, and quite slippery for me. I found the Sandstone OP case an excellent addition. I don't personally think a tempered glass protector is necessary. I never needed more than the provided screen protector either on my OP5 since June nor my OP2 which I had for 20 months.

5. geokilla
    Gingerbread Sep 26, 2017

geokilla , Sep 26, 2017 :
    I'm considering purchasing the OnePlus 5 from the US store. If I do, and I bring it back to Canada and there's a warranty issue, will there be any issues with warranty claims?