Share your feedback and win a Bamboo StyleSwap Cover!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. louisxiv
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

louisxiv , Apr 16, 2015 :
    OxygenOs is a great ROM regarding stability and speed.
    I means its fast. Very fast.
    And very stable as compared to other ROMs. The only thing that lacks in this ROM is customization and battery. See, the primary competetor in your case is cyanogen whose customization level is off the hook and battery life is good enough.
    Seeing this as the first release, you all did an amazing job. Just make sure to make it as customizable as cyanogen by giving timely updates.
    And aim for a good battery life without limiting the functionaly of the ROM.
    I bet no other ROM can beat OxygenOs if you guys succeed in the area stated above.

Regards

2. Tom Corvers
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

3. Kureen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2015

Kureen , Apr 16, 2015 :
    I tried out OxygenOS on the first day and it's pretty much what I expected. It's basically a stock android rom with a few customization options. And what I could notice myself is that the battery life seemed to be worse since i couldnt get as much SOT that I could while running CM11S. Don't get me wrong the battery life was good but not as good as CM11S.

For me OxygenOS is at the moment not developed enough it. I will give it some time to improve until I try it again.

4. jcoax
    Gingerbread Apr 16, 2015

jcoax , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Oxygen È il futuro di OnePlus è credo che sia una buona rom, ma che debba crescere ancora molto, spero che lo sviluppo venga ampliato e portato a lungo termine con nuove molte funzioni e non si soffermi solamente al limite dei canonici due anni.
    Grazie OnePlus, siete un grande team, e nel tempo cresca, io sarò fiero di portare avanti e sponsorizzare il vostro marchio.
    Concludo dicendo che, nel rispetto della mia serietà, attualmente l'esperienza di OnePlus è decisamente più piacevole con cyanogen cm12s.
    Spero che questo vi sia utile per un ulteriore sviluppo futuro.
    Distinti saluti

Tradotto in inglese:
    Oxygen is the future of OnePlus you think that's a good rom , but should still grow a lot, I hope that the development should be expanded and led to long-term with many new functions and not dwell only on the edge of the canonical two years.
    Thanks OnePlus , you are a great team , and in time it will grow , I will be proud to maintain and sponsor your brand .
    I conclude by saying that , in respect of my seriousness, currently experience OnePlus is definitely more enjoyable with cyanogen cm12s .
    I hope this will be useful for further development of the future .
    best regards

5. lorenzo.mari
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

6. mr.peruz
    Froyo Apr 16, 2015

mr.peruz , Apr 16, 2015 :
    OxygenOS is all ours! Fluid system, stable and with great potential for development!
    image.jpg

7. cabanaj
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2015

cabanaj , Apr 16, 2015 :
    I really like the stock experience.
    Of course like so many, what I would like for the Oxygen Dev team to focus on is the resolution of some bugs. Not saying that I'm very knowledgeable on that topic, but here a few things that I would like to see fix:

-Flip Cover from Oneplus not always wake the phone (especially when it is plugged in).
    -That one, I don't know if it is cause by the OS or poweramp: Lost control on default music player when connecting bluetooth headphones (Parrot Zik if it has any incidence): Have to manually start app and play. Previously, once connected, I could control immediatly default music app (I had poweramp set as it). Did not find any setting change with the OS upgrade.
    -Have to restart the phone sometimes; for unkown reason (to me) It gets laggy at a point, and I notice a battery drain (not a big one). I do notice when it happens that I got many app in the recent apps. Is it because they don't close automatically after a while? I find restarting is easier and faster in theses cases. Wondering if Avast mobile has something to do with it.
    -Show the correct name of the network we're on (I'm on videotron, I see Rogers - I know they share their LTE network, but on CM11S, videotron was properly shown). I'm a little paranoïd when it comes to roaming fee (living in Canada...The champion of high cell bills especially when it comes to roaming, in the OECD)

Thoses for me are relativly minors bugs.

There are a few customizations that are hard to find, but that is a lollipop thing, not an oxygenOS. Example: being able to have multiple tabs in chrome, and manage them like it was in kitkat. Or changing the access to recent apps to a double tap on the home button, and having contextual menus on the menu button .

Otherwise it is buttery smooth. And that's how I like it. I hope Oxygen OS stay close to stock Android. Of course I had a taste of Lollipop earlier with my nexus 7 so was not too lost.

8. miv3180
    Froyo Apr 16, 2015

miv3180 , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Oxygen OS need to be perfectly working first of all. I love stock and that should be, with the posibility to switch to on screen buttons and back. The only thing this awesome phone needs along a stock android ROM.

9. Deactivated User
    Apr 16, 2015

10. romain.t
    Froyo Apr 16, 2015

romain.t , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Bonne initiative de one plus une rom bien fluide mais pour l' instant trop brut elle manque un peu de personnalisation J espère que oneplus.net va écouter la communauté et la rendre plus personnalisation notamment sur le voyant le double tap...
    Mais cette rom ma laissé bonne impression et je vous souhaite du courage pour continuer sur votre voie et en faire une grande rom

11. shcxatter2

12. ChoosyMoron
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2015

ChoosyMoron , Apr 16, 2015 :
    I would really love the following things in oxygen OS.
    1. If I could get an easy switch to make my phone toggle from general to silent and vice versa.
    2. More of UI customisation such as a theme engine.. Most of the mobile companies like Samsung, HTC are providing their own cool way of themeing the phones.
    3. I really wish we could get a better file manager which could do more stuff, so that we don't have to rely on 3rd party apps.
    4. If I could get a separate app bundled in the OS which is entirely dedicated to oneplus forums so that I don't have to use browser. Also it could provide notifications in real time which are important for every oneplus users.
    5. If I could get a better camera app with 4k support it will be awesome.
    6. A separate gallery app which is made by oneplus with their own filters. I really don't like photos app.
    7. A separate messaging app. Combining it to hangouts really doesn't work for me.
    8. A better auto brightness control.
    9. If I could automate certain things while I silent my phone at night. For example turn off the data usage.
    10. I really use to love the way notifications in the status bar were displayed in kitkat. In lollipop the notification on the status bar just pop with icons and no text. I wish oxygen os could get that back for me.

I guess these are the most important 10 things for me, which I feel could change my experience of Oxygen OS.

13. pokchat
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

pokchat , Apr 16, 2015 :
    already done!!! I think it needs more customise feature and eat less battery... but i do like the look of it.. i feel winter-ry somehow haha.. fresh snow smell... wish to get an invite ... i really really love the one plus one and really want to own one NOW !!!

14. Manu93
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

15. Tuqano

Tuqano , Apr 16, 2015 :
    It was a good start, very smooth. I like the near-stock experience! Keep up the good work! ;)

16. kevinoss
    Donut Apr 16, 2015

kevinoss , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Will try OxygenOS when it will have a good camera software like in colorOS, privacy guard and good music equalizer.

17. Alecksander

Alecksander , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Good OS is Oxygen but alot of Gapps. Put some more personalization and it will be great! Something like themes or a different launcher! I love Nova and I'm using premium version...why not to ask Nova for a partnership?

18. pokchat
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2015

pokchat , Apr 16, 2015 :
    i like the look of it.. haven't had hand on experience,,, wish to get invite so i can finally try one out

19. Abo Maalik
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2015

Abo Maalik , Apr 16, 2015 :
    @Cat H to be really honest I am quite glad that OP took the responsibility to make an own OS after what happened with CM. And really hope that oxygen OS gets more and more developed so it may be a perfect OS for OPO and the future OP phone's. But there is only one thing that I would prefer, and that's an EASY WAY to install it especially for noobs like me. So an install tool from OP would be great. ;)

20. Bare95
    Honeycomb Apr 16, 2015

Bare95 , Apr 16, 2015 :
    Does not using
    Does not using it counts?