Share Your Feedback on OnePlus 7 Pro

1. waynemyoung Cupcake May 29, 2019

waynemyoung, May 29, 2019 :
    Have had my 7 pro for 6 days now and have just started noticing the phantom tap issue, mainly at the top of the screen, causing the keyboard to show due to the chrome address bar being focused.

Each time shortly after the entire screen becomes entirely unresponsive and have to hard reboot by holding power button.

I hope a fix is forthcoming.

WasD24 likes this.
  2. psilion Cupcake May 29, 2019

psilion, May 29, 2019 :
    I'm facing ghost touch issues for example in CPU-Z or Google Pay with NFC enabled. Where should I report them and how to get the logs?
    I did two screen recordings for demonstration. These issues are completely reproducible.

The second video is with 60HZ and NFC on/off and shows that the ghost touches are gone with NFC off and happening again when NFC is switched on.

3. jodogg7ny Eclair May 29, 2019

jodogg7ny, May 29, 2019 :
    Loving the speed of the phone and this screen is amazing. one thing I've noticed. if you go into settings and type in full in the search, "Apps to Display in Fullscreen appears. However, when you click on it nothing happens. I believe this is affecting the ability to expand video on certain apps like DirecTV Now and the DAZN app. Currently these apps are showing black bars on the left and right of the screen.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

4. Android450 Marshmallow May 29, 2019

Android450, May 29, 2019 :
    It's up to the app and the content that app displays. Currently I only know of YouTube, and video players that allow you to play your local content that let you expand the video to take up the full screen.

If DirecTV shows 16:9 then that's how you'll have to watch

5. G_yitzhak_lopez_DIua Cupcake May 29, 2019

R1531839455857 likes this.
  6. jodogg7ny Eclair May 29, 2019

I thought so too, but if you look at the settings for the One Plus 6T etc with the notch the option was there. Also, I'm replacing the S9+ with my OnePlus 7 Pro and when running DirecTV Now on the S9+, there's is an option that pops up in the app that allows you to use full screen, it just scales it to expand. Same version release of Direct Now on both. For DAZN app you are correct I don't see an option for either phone.

7. G_yitzhak_lopez_DIua Cupcake May 29, 2019

8. Android450 Marshmallow May 29, 2019

Android450, May 29, 2019 :
    It may be a good feature. Though as of now the full Full screen option seems to be more for games and other apps rather than video. You can always file a feature request

jodogg7ny likes this.
  9. jodogg7ny Eclair May 29, 2019

will do thanks!

Android450 likes this.
  10. G_Akarsh_Agrawal_ODAV Froyo May 29, 2019

G_Akarsh_Agrawal_ODAV, May 29, 2019 :
    There is a problem in OnePlus 7 pro proximity sensor is not working properly and ambient display is also not working properly, feeling so embarassing use the device from last 10 days so please fix these issues fast.

11. drago12587 Froyo May 29, 2019

drago12587, May 29, 2019 :
    its NFC chip. turn NFC off

HardGamer151 likes this.
  12. F_Jesus_Ordonez_WeAx Donut May 29, 2019

F_Jesus_Ordonez_WeAx, May 29, 2019 :
    I would like to suggest for a future update to allow for a CONSISTENT horizon notification light to blink on the sides of the phone. I feel that currently, A ONE TIME blink of the light when a notification comes in isn't enough to notice and see at times... especially of you've stepped away from your phone at that very moment. With such a beautiful notification light & delivery system you guys have on the OP7Pro, let's allow it to have enough time on our phones to actually notify us. I'm aware this option might tax the battery a little, but the OPTION should still be there for us who wouldn't mind [e]1f60a[/e] Thanks for your consideration & keep up the good work!

13. sam311 Honeycomb May 29, 2019

sam311, May 29, 2019 :
    No doubt the phone is great....But to be frank the camera are still lacking a lot ...U call it a killer flagship but still it lacks the camera quality..... Lately nothing has been done yet for the OnePlus phone.....I used OnePlus 5T for 2 years no improvements were there....I used the Google Pixel it was fab in case of camera....

It's high time to make things count...the camera needs improvements.... Badly it needs improvements

Last edited: May 29, 2019

F1536011049830, WasD24 and disuzaltd like this.
  14. newr Froyo May 29, 2019

newr, May 29, 2019 :
    I am still considering upgrading to op7 pro, but camera quality is still a bit disappointing and not being able to shoot video in wide or optical zoom seems silly when all the other flagship completing with can do so.

WasD24 likes this.
  15. QuickThumb Froyo May 29, 2019

QuickThumb, May 29, 2019 :
    The issues are software based. It's easy to say "Why not make camera software as good as Googles?" but the fact of the matter is that Google is at the forefront of making the most advanced, ai driven software in the world, and asking any other company to match or exceed Google's software capabilities is a very BIG ASK.

Fortunately it's not the hardest thing in the world to install a gCam variant on a OnePlus phone, which lets us engage with Google camera software and still enjoy our awesome OnePlus phone experiences.

16. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav Ice Cream Sandwich May 29, 2019

HardGamer151 and S1558269980867 like this.
  17. Vishnu KC Eclair May 29, 2019

Vishnu KC, May 29, 2019 :
    I bought one plus 7 pro last week and using it as my daily driver. Exceptional phone, fast, impressive.

Few notable drawbacks though.
    Notification Led or the edge notification indicator needs to be turned on whenever a notification arrive and until it is addressed. Now it's showing only once.

The UFS 3 storage. But I am not sure if I am missing something, for a data transfer of 4GB, its taking 8.30 hours. Is this normal?
    1559100481194.jpg

18. pvitale Froyo May 29, 2019

pvitale, May 29, 2019 :
    I came from the s10 plus. great phone. the 7 pro is right there if we could get the camera right which is an important features to all I think it would be in top 2=3 phone to buy and for the price number one. you have all the right hardware. can't you use the Google apk as a starting point since they figured it out pretty good.

19. Gunjit Abrol Cupcake May 29, 2019

20. Anmayber Donut May 29, 2019

Anmayber, May 29, 2019 :
    Just wanted to add to the general sentiment for an improved notification light, whether it’s on the edge or not. Having something blink repetitively, while the screen is off, is really helpful to most people and it doesn’t even have to be through the edge lighting. As someone else mentioned, a blinking notice under the front camera, or someplace smaller and less power hungry than the screen edge would suffice. I realize the hesitancy is likely with additional batter drain, as do most.

Also requesting a wide angle camera video option in addition to quick camera software tweaks to improve camera detail and function. As someone else also mentioned, checking out the gcam app would be a good start to reverse engineer or find code optimization that may help speed a super solid update along!

All that said, I hope I get my device soon so I can explore everything in detail for myself. Lots of these follow up reviews are making me worried. I know potential buyers must feel the same, if not more. Plug your updates hard to the YouTube and gear review crowds ASAP because they drive sales and your brand perception!