Share Your Feedback on OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Amit chavan Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

Amit chavan, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Swap the sim card but issue still persist [e]1f61e[/e]

2. Sayed4Peace Eclair Jun 11, 2019

Sayed4Peace, Jun 11, 2019 :
    take device to service centre immediately brother tell them what all has been done to conclude the issue.

3. Amit chavan Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

Amit chavan, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Yesturday visited OP outlet, same old approch, said problem with service provider not with phone, i don't know how can i indisual in so many subscriber ais having a problem

4. anilkigal Honeycomb Jun 11, 2019

5. unicornZ Gingerbread Jun 11, 2019

unicornZ, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Upgraded from Oneplus 3 to Oneplus 7 pro. Totally in love with 7 pro. Such a cool device. For gesture navigation I think instead of swipping up from bottom, it could have been from right edges. Just my thought.

anilkigal likes this.
  6. F_Yago_Garcia_DnlL Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

7. Bruno Costa 1980 Eclair Jun 11, 2019

8. mbcool Honeycomb Jun 11, 2019

9. anilkigal Honeycomb Jun 11, 2019

anilkigal, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Yes that's why he didn't show all of pics of that trip but he compared the last ones with latest update done.

10. Rockstar4ever Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

Rockstar4ever, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I don't think they have used a Gorilla glass 5 here. I got a hairline scratch in the display by just keeping it in my pocket without any keychains or any other Sharp objects...

11. dr@gon Donut Jun 11, 2019

dr@gon, Jun 11, 2019 :
    So far after a couple weeks+ usage I love the phone!

I'm happy the phone came with a factory screen protector and clear case. Great idea! I do wish there was a midnight black color option for the phone but the mirror gray is quite nice, as far as the color gray goes, it's done right.

The phone doesn't seem too bulky but it is a bit on the heavy side. Holding the phone can pain the fingers after long usages.

The colors, white balance, sharpness, smoothness of the screen are as close to perfect as I have ever seen in a mobile device. The screen performs very well in outside sunny environments, as far as the technological limitations will allow it. It could be better but it's still better than everything else I've had. 90hz refresh, BRILLIANT.

The Oxygen OS is thoughtfully constructed with purposeful, useful features, I have been putting all the extra features to use, seems like all the best most popular requests over the years in developer forums are implemented in Oxygen OS, the community efforts shine in the software.

This is the first time I haven't rooted my Android device in 9 years, however I'm always tempted to root so I can get a truly black/dark theme throughout with the likes of Swift Installer and substratum. I think Android Q will satiate my desires for theming.

The battery life is fine for me and I'm a power user, on the phone all day. Warp charging makes up for any lack of battery life performance, the phone charges in the blink of an eye. I would prefer the phone having a wireless charging option!

8gb RAM, handles everything I throw at it, and I throw a lot at it. The system runs stutterless, the always on Google Assistant (screen on or off) is a big necessity for me! So good choice in processor, but what choice is there really?

Sorry guys but wired headsets time has come and gone a very long time ago. I waited 30 years for wireless earbuds, finally after so many years wired earbuds are becoming what they are destined to become, a thing of the past. I'm very happy there's no extra hole in this device for wired headsets, yes RIP wired headsets, won't miss you. Now, it's time to consider getting rid of the power button and volume buttons, everything can be done with gestures and movements.

The speaker sounds are excellent, however the sound can get distorted when something bassy gets played loud, I suppose there's an equalizer setting somewhere in the phone.

The camera, ohhh the camera. I don't understand the craze with cameras everyone has. If picture taking is so important, so crucial, get a stand alone DSLR camera. Until physical zoom is implemented seriously on mobile devices, mobile cameras will be inferior, stop pushing for mobile camera superiority! Do people really go back and showcase and view all the 20,000 pictures they took on their camera? No. Give it a break. I agree the camera needed work upon launch. It has been improved with the latest update, I'm going to make this simple, the exposure is still a bit extreme, things are much brighter than the reality they are capturing. This exposure is probably good for low light photography but backfires in bright light scenarios.

LOVE THAT THERE'S NO NOTCH! PERIOD.
    Also, there's something I would really like to see, simultaneous video streaming from front and rear cameras! Apples going to beat everybody to the punch with this amazing feature, this is perfect for IRL steamers, you mine as well implement it now because that will be on everything later.

I want to talk about several problems I have "settled with". The navigation bar. I don't want a navigation bar, I want to control my phone with edge gestures. No I don't want OnePlus' edge gestures from the bottom of the screen, I want to use PIE gestures, (from the sides) LMT app is my choice. Allow me to rid of the nav bar AND the built in gestures, for now I'll have to settle with third party app and ADB commands to rid of the nav bar with viewable screen extension tricks.

The on screen fingerprint technology. Why does my right thumb unlock the phone but my left thumb does not? I've tried re-programming my left thumb a million times, what gives? Guess I'll have to start making videos and posting them here and on YouTube to get some attention to this.

The OnePlus launcher... it needs some more features, simple ones like, remove app labels in the drawer, change number of rows and columns in the drawer. Other then that the launcher is great. The OnePlus default widget is almost perfect, it cannot be centered even when resized, but that's a rather insignificant gripe. The left screen OnePlus feed is quite nice, I put a bunch of widgets there for easy access, I will add that, when trying to add a picture for wallet loyalty cards other then the default card color, the custom picture"cannot be found", so that's a bug as far as I can tell.

Playing Talion on medium to high settings runs the phone hot in the top end edge of the phone, when charging it gets SCARY hot. Where's the 10 layer liquid cooling? tsk tsk. Guess I'll have to settle.

Can the charging cable be even a bit longer? I understand the shorter is the quicker it charges, but it's length is inadequate.

Okay I'm going to wrap this up with a... OnePlus, thank you for the trade in program!, I look forward to doing business with you again. Thank you for the great phone, let's get some of my wishes granted and I'll be yours forever.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019

BlackKnight2332 likes this.
  12. thetaguru Froyo Jun 11, 2019

thetaguru, Jun 11, 2019 :
    The biggest issue so far is size and weight. Looking at it in a T-Mobile store, it seemed only slightly larger. But with the security cord on it, it was hard to judge the weight. This phone is heavy!!! While getting everything switched over, everytime I picked up my OnePlus 5t, it seemed so thin and light compared to the 7 Pro. There is a significant difference in being able to use this phone one handed. Will give it a couple extra days to see how well I can adjust.

Now that bezels have gotten so thin, you can have a large screen on a smaller and lighter phone.

The curves and glare as mentioned by other people hasn't been an issue. It does make it a bit harder to get minimize am app when in landscape mode and you have to swipe down.

13. dr@gon Donut Jun 11, 2019

dr@gon, Jun 11, 2019 :
    The only positive thing I can say about the device being heavy and large is that it feels solid, It doesn't feel flimsy.

14. Izuhebzeeshan Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

Izuhebzeeshan, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Horizon lights doesn't work at all notifications, running on 9.5.7 Ota, ambient display settings are correct, still does not work, hopefully next Ota will bring a fix

15. dr@gon Donut Jun 11, 2019

dr@gon, Jun 11, 2019 :
    I want to add one other feature request I just remembered, since there's no notification LED. I don't care for notification LED because there's usually only one color and if a third party LED control app is used, the colors other than default come out janky. Edge notification lighting on ambient would be spectacular! Like how Samsung tries to do it! OR, a small (adjustable) pixelated colored icon or shape that displays when screen is off for a notifications! The icon should be configurable to blink. But the option should be available to have just the notification icon, not including the usual AOD stuff like clock and written information. Just a virtual configurable LED ambient notification, or edge notification lighting.

Edge notification more effective since it can be seen when device laying screen down.

Imagine have both side edges segregated into 4 or 6 sections. Each section lights up when screen is off with chosen color depending on which app is chosen for that section. ie. you get a text message so the bottom left edge lights up blue while the screen is off. Then you get a Gmail so the bottom right edge lights up red. You might have Google play music paused so a yellow strip is lit up on the top right edge of the screen.

Configurable so you choose the app and the section(s).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019

Bruno Costa 1980 likes this.
  16. Bruno Costa 1980 Eclair Jun 11, 2019

Bruno Costa 1980, Jun 11, 2019 :
    100% according...
    We need that...

dr@gon likes this.
  17. krsnabhat Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

krsnabhat, Jun 11, 2019 :
    Tonight, I had kept my 7pro idle for 10-15 minutes (night mode mode was ON). Suddenly the phone froze and numerous attempts to wake it, turned futile.

My luck, after holding on the power button for a few minutes the phone woke up and when I tried to unlock using fingerprint it again froze. Then again I had to press and hold the power button for a few minutes after which it shutdown. Then after restart, it is behaving normally.

I have been using the phone for last 2 days and this behavior wasn't expected.

any input on this problem is much appreciated.

dr@gon likes this.
  18. thetaguru Froyo Jun 11, 2019

thetaguru, Jun 11, 2019 :
    My lighter and metal body 5t never felt flimsy but that can be personal preference. On a positive note, the 7 Pro would make a better personal defense projectile due to size and weight ;p

19. sunozara Cupcake Jun 11, 2019

20. dr@gon Donut Jun 11, 2019

dr@gon, Jun 11, 2019 :
    krsnabhat

Tonight, I had kept my 7pro idle for 10-15 minutes (night mode mode was ON). Suddenly the phone froze and numerous attempts to wake it, turned futile.

My luck, after holding on the power button for a few minutes the phone woke up and when I tried to unlock using fingerprint it again froze. Then again I had to press and hold the power button for a few minutes after which it shutdown. Then after restart, it is behaving normally.

I have been using the phone for last 2 days and this behavior wasn't expected.

any input on this problem is much appreciated.

I had the exact same thing happen to me at the same times after owning the phone for the same couple days! I think I determined that the problem comes from third party launchers, and/or the addition of third party gesture apps. I use LMT, it's an app the provides control of functions including home button, back button, and recent apps button. The thing is the recent apps function in Android Pie devices doesn't play well with third party launchers. When you try to go to recent apps, the system UI freezes up because third party launchers cannot display the newer recent apps format of horizontal card scrolling. If you have a third party launcher like Nova launcher or Lawnchair, keep in mind that the OnePlus launcher is still somehow running in the background. When you press to view recent apps with a third party launcher I'M GUESSING, the third party launcher calls on the OnePlus launcher to display the recent app cards in the newer format. There's some kind of conflict going on and it's causing freeze ups.

I was using Lawnchair launcher and when I pressed recent button I would see the new horizontal scrolling card format but sometimes the system UI would freeze right up requiring a reboot. Eventually I uninstalled the stock OnePlus launcher and ran just Lawnchair launcher and when I then pressed the recent apps button Lawnchair launcher displayed recent app cards in the old format, vertical scrolling.

This was true with third party gesture app LMT. Sometimes when I gestured for recent apps I would get the UI freeze up.

So I uninstalled the third party launchers, and then installed the LMT beta 3.0 app. All my freeze up problems have ceased. Something is going on with incompatible third party launchers and third party gesture apps.

Are you using any of those?