Share Your Feedback on OnePlus 7 Pro

1. RolandKillmon
    Eclair Jun 17, 2019

RolandKillmon , Jun 17, 2019 :
    One other feature I would like to see that isn't a big thing to ask for is to be able to center the clock in the status bar. Hate the fact that it is to the left where my notifications are. would be better in the center in my opinion. anyone could agree???

2. bpwest80
    KitKat Jun 17, 2019

bpwest80 , Jun 17, 2019 :
    2 bugs I've noticed. OnePlus 7 Pro unlocked using TMobile.

1 Phone gets stuck on VoLTE even when I'm on WiFi. It should switch to VoWiFi.

2 Can't enable call waiting. It's greyed out and gives an error.

Phillyslix likes this.
  3. RolandKillmon
    Eclair Jun 17, 2019

The OP 7 Pro has Themes and Fonts that are changeable.

4. J1559190425454
    Eclair Jun 17, 2019

J1559190425454 , Jun 17, 2019 :
    it would be nice if it sped up to when you hold the volume button

C1559851860627 and Trigun123478 like this.
  5. Aphova
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

Aphova , Jun 17, 2019 :
    Bought my 7 Pro yesterday in store as an upgrade from my trusty 3T that I've thoroughly enjoyed for 2.5 years. Very sadly, I returned it this afternoon for a refund. Total usage (screen on) time around 8 hours. My impressions:

The good:
    • HOLY COW this thing is AMAZING. As in I picked it up in store, played with it for 3 mins and went and hurriedly bought it. It just feels great.
    • The screen refresh rate is like butter, you have to experience it to understand it. 60 Hz is ruined for me now. I can't overstate how good it is (for me anyway).
    • It's ridiculously FAST (at least compared to my 3T). Everything opens instantly even after hours of use.
    • The battery is good for 7 hours SOT with fairly heavy usage.
    • The camera is much better but not perfect. Good enough for me.
    • The UI is classic OnePlus - excellent minimalism.
    • Passable screen protector and good clear case included for free - a great touch.
    • The charging is even faster now.
    The bad:
    • What's up with the curved screen? It blurs the image on the side, makes it easy to accidentally touch the screen and just feels awkward. It also makes the display feel narrower than it is. That, coupled with the taller height makes the proportions feel wrong. On top of that, it makes using gestures like swiping the side to go back very clumsy (I frequently had to swipe twice or three times). So literally zero benefit (that I can think of) except that it has another buzzword for its specs. Marketing driven design? Please don't go to the darkside, OnePlus. Make a feature for the feature's sake, not to make it flashy.
    • The ghost touch issue is real and quite annoying. I trusted they'd fix it, though.
    • The fingerprint scanner is fast, BUT I often struggled to use other fingers that I'd registered. It just flat out refused to recognise them. And the main thumb was touch and go. Supposedly it gets better over time but I can't comment on that.
    • Not sure if this is an Android thing or if I missed a config option (I looked) but the hardware slider can't put the phone in Do Not Disturb mode anymore. A pity, I used that every night.
    • It's slightly too big now. Not a deal-breaker, I have small hands and I managed but it's past the sweetspot of 6" in my opinion.
    The ugly:

• There was a subtle but very noticeable and distracting pink colour shift when tilting the phone more only 5 degrees down. And I do mean only 5 degrees tilt - the kind of tilt you get from normal use such as typing. This was irrespective of the colour calibration and brightness chosen. I wanted so badly for it to not ruin it for me, I wanted to get used to it and keep the phone but ultimately I just couldn't. I'd forget about it, be browsing, adjust the phone in my hand and notice half the screen has become a pinky-white colour and it would ruin the experience. This is ultimately why I returned the phone. The tech support guy I handed the phone in to took a look for a good minute or so and said he couldn't even argue and just offered me a refund. They weren't willing to risk an exchange unit having the same issue (on closer inspection away from bright lights, the demo unit showed the same issue). AMOLED screens will always have colour shift, I know (I'm on my 4th AMOLED phone) but my almost-3-year-old 3T which cost almost half as much has MUCH better colour consistency across viewing angles and overall a better colour profile. Unacceptable.
    • That curved screen. Ugh. Maybe I would have gotten used to it - I was willing to try - but switching back to my 3T (60 Hz and all) looks better because it gives you a flat picture. In case nobody noticed, PC monitors do it right - they curve TOWARDS you, not AWAY from you, if at all. Seriously, what were you guys thinking?

In a nutshell, this phone is, in most ways, absolutely incredible. I mean it, I'm very picky but this thing is such a well-rounded package it's ALMOST perfect. If it had a flat screen that didn't have awful colour shifting, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'd even pay more than the asking price. It's that good. Ironically the screen both makes it and breaks it for me. Guess I'll wait for the 7T Pro.

My question - has anyone else noticed a pink shift when tilting their phone? It's most notable with a white background (e.g. browsing) away from extremely bright lights. Basically browsing the web indoors or at night. It's made worse by a cooler colour profile but noticeable on all of them.

Disclaimer: I just got back from the store and haven't read this 80+ page thread yet, in case it's been mentioned already.

6. E1560797020799
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

E1560797020799 , Jun 17, 2019 :
    Recently the screen has started to glitch it becomes no responsive. need to lock and then unlock for it to resume, is anyone else facing this?

7. Trigun123478
    Donut Jun 17, 2019

Trigun123478 , Jun 17, 2019 :
    yeah I found that I needed it to volume down faster and it's crazy how many times I accidentally play something loud. Also from having my phone on mute, then wanting to turn it up faster. Plus I think it would be nice if it looked a little more modern.

J1559190425454 likes this.
  8. RolandKillmon
    Eclair Jun 17, 2019

Did you make sure it was updated to the latest OS? Just curious?

9. Aphova
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

Aphova , Jun 17, 2019 :
    Yep, first thing I did.

10. Z1560819425010
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Z1560819425010 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hi guys I am new here, I have a S7 Edge and want to upgrade to OP7 Pro (not S10 :D) but I am buying the phone for gaming and watching videos, particularly Fortnite. I know it isn't optimized yet but do you think Epic Games will ever optimize for OP7 pro considering it's been a few months now...

Also do you think it's a good upgrade from S7 Edge or should I go with S10? I really need long battery life too something which many users say isn't great.

Any advice appreciated

11. Sensei Wu
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Sensei Wu , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Please, please, please, support camera zoom with volume buttons! It's so awkward zooming on the screen while trying to shoot. It would be a shame to put so much into developing a great phone camera and not support this feature. I know I'm not the only one who wants it. Thanks for all your work and for listening. J. A.

C1559851860627 likes this.
  12. Sensei Wu
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

Sensei Wu , Jun 18, 2019 :

Z1560819425010

Hi guys I am new here, I have a S7 Edge and want to upgrade to OP7 Pro (not S10 ) but I am buying the phone for gaming and watching videos, particularly Fortnite. I know it isn't optimized yet but do you think Epic Games will ever optimize for OP7 pro considering it's been a few months now...

Also do you think it's a good upgrade from S7 Edge or should I go with S10? I really need long battery life too something which many users say isn't great.

Any advice appreciated​

I just upgraded from the s7 edge to the op 7pro and I have been blown away by the difference! And it's 400$ cheaper! The latest update did help alot with some of the camera issues people were reporting and looks like op is working hard & fast to address any problems. Unlike Samsung. I jumped on the Samsung bandwagon for years but no more. The speed and screen are amazing! And the list goes on. I'm not a hard core gamer but I do game and it seems to work and look great! I hope this helps..
    J. A.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019

13. M1560832265854
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

M1560832265854 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    hey, the camera is really good outdoors ,but the images especially of people at night with artificial lighting are pixelly and really don't look that great.they are not sharp ,they seem somewhat blurred,please fix it

14. A1560832388238
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

A1560832388238 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hi, using the 1+7P for last few weeks now. So far so good. Only one thing that is not of good quality is the screen guard ... air bubble has surfaced and looks very odd.

15. Nishad Ashraf
    Froyo Jun 18, 2019

Nishad Ashraf , Jun 18, 2019 :
    1560834316947.jpg
    am facing inside 3rd camera dust... alos reported Amazon india and oneplus customer care..just 10 days now..53k

16. G_Nader_Kabir_vfEP
    Eclair Jun 18, 2019

G_Nader_Kabir_vfEP , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hi please see link so much speed Slowly

View attachment 1044696

View attachment 1044694

OnePlus7Pro

https://www.phonearena.com/news/oneplus-7-pro-90-hz-force-fix-60-hz_id116844

((Important question: why different camera OnePlus 7 pro 48MP with camera Galaxy 10+ 12MP is better???))

1) Very weak quality #selfie and

2) photos back camera (48MP) don't have #contrast and sharpening and color!?![e]1f628[/e]

3) much weak Quality #Zoom camera and make blur photos [e]1f4f7[/e]

4) #Video camera don't have #Quality?

(Please check [e]1f4f7[/e] camera(12MP) #GalaxyS10+ 5G)

5) don't have #ArtificialIntelligence ?

6) OnePlus 7 Pro Battery Life very weak?

7) UFS 3 is Faster or slower?

17. martintillbrook
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

martintillbrook , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Compared to my 3T, the fingerprint scanner doesn't seem to work very well with it talking multiple attempts probably 90% of the time. Is anyone else having this?

E1561051919259 likes this.
  18. M1559313366603
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

M1559313366603 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Hey,
    I hope OnePlus reads this and does the needy.....
    I am a traveller and I travel to a lot of beautiful places......I do vlogs too....so I would like to have a wide angle video mode on my new OnePlus 7 pro.....so I request OnePlus to please add a wide angle video mode and please try to reduce the luminous noise as much as possible in the telephoto 3x zoom mode..... I am looking over these two developments in the next software update .......
    Well other than these two....I also want OnePlus to optimize (if possible) the software to increase the battery backup in the qhd+ and 90hz refresh rate mode of the display.
    .....because this is what most of us( 7 pro customers) are looking forward to in the future asap.....
    Other than these.... OnePlus 7 pro is a delight to use......I absolutely love it......but please try to do the needy on the above said issues.......so as to make it much much better......

19. dr@gon
    Eclair Jun 18, 2019

dr@gon , Jun 18, 2019 :
    I'm glad the heating issue is being looked at next. My OnePlus 7 Pro is running cool all the time except when running a game, specifically Talion. The top of my device gets very hot and I'm not even running MAX settings. When charging and playing it gets crazy hot! This is very disturbing considering this device is marketed for gaming, and for liquid cooling!

20. AngieValadez
    Donut Jun 18, 2019

sergi71bdn likes this.