Share Your Feedback on OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Wuutje Cupcake Jul 12, 2019 at 10:49 AM

Wuutje, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:49 AM :
    Can we have a way to stand by the phone except pressing the power button or wait till it goes black screen. I would like to have a place to double tap to let the phone go on lock/stand by.

2. ShadyM10 Eclair Jul 12, 2019 at 12:49 PM

ShadyM10, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:49 PM :
    Any progress on finicky vibration of OnePlus 7 Pro?
    The thing forgets to vibrate while typing when I receive a notification/call in between. No vibration for the notification or for typing when it happens

3. RolandKillmon Cupcake Jul 12, 2019 at 3:45 PM

RolandKillmon, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:45 PM :
    Just got the Bullets Wireless V2 headphones and got to say I love them. The only gripe I have is when holding the button to activate Google assistant, I get no indication it has been activated. It's makes no sound. Not sure if this is a phone issue or a headset issue? Anyone else having this issue?

4. Mr._Stark Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 1:51 AM

Mr._Stark, Jul 13, 2019 at 1:51 AM :
    You cant listen to these Youtubers & fanboys. I received the OnePlus 7Pro 2 days ago and i just love it!
    It's not heavy (at least to me), it feels balance and good in the hand.
    This is the first phone that I have NOT downloaded Nova Launcher or any other Launcher, I don't feel i need it.
    Its fast & smooth. I really like it alot.
    Photos are good. I have a DSLR if i really need to crazy, so for what i need on a day to day basis the photos are just fine.
    I know it's only been 2 days but I've seen people on YouTube talk negative about the phone while just holding it in a store and never even purchasing the phone. Crazy.

I'm have the 6T, I haven't had any problems with it and still like. i'm giving the 6T to my son and I'm going to keep his 5T(I passed it to him when i got the 6T) which is still just as good as day one and I'll keep it in my car to use it to listen to Podcast & Audio Books.

Great Phone OnePlus Team!!
    Great Phone!
    IMG_20190709_185531.jpg Screenshot_20190710-093532.jpg

Thanks Everyone!

5. newr Froyo Jul 13, 2019 at 2:02 AM

newr, Jul 13, 2019 at 2:02 AM :
    Is there supposed to be much difference with the various Dolby atmos settings and the style settings? I tried n don't hear any difference between the various options.

6. Z1559372350717 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 3:30 AM

Z1559372350717, Jul 13, 2019 at 3:30 AM :
    I have the T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 7 Pro and like it a lot. Long-time Galaxy phone user, but I wanted the wide angle camera without having to spend $899-999 to get it. Plus, I love having a screen with no notches or cutouts.

I was reluctant to go without a headphone jack and there are still times when it would come in handy. But with the OnePlus adapter and the Bullets 2 quick charging, I'm getting used to being without it.

The speed and fluidity of this phone is the best I've ever experienced! I love the 90hz refresh rate, the curved screen, and the incredible display. The fast charging is awesome! Way beyond any other phone I've had before.

I do wish OnePlus would offer their charger and cable in black, though, and not just white and red. I understand wanting to have your own unique signature look, but some of us use our phones in business settings where these colors can seem a bit out of place and conspicuous. Just a thought.

And I do wish OnePlus would go with an AOD, not just an Ambient Display that stays on for seconds at a time.

If there's a concern about reduced battery life, why not give customers the option?

OnePlus could even have a "warning" about reduced battery life pop up when the AOD option is selected. I find it very handy to have the Ambient Display information sbown continuously and, when I had that, I never noticed a negative effect on my battery.

Just as OnePlus gives users a choice in refresh rate and screen resolution, both of which could possibly affect battery life, why not give them a choice with AOD? I'm confident OnePlus customers will be able to handle that, and I hope OnePlus won't adopt Apple's "we know what's best" attitude toward its customers.

Also, I was surprised that I couldn't create folders in the app drawer. That would be a good feature to add, imo.

Speaking of features, I wish "double tap to wake" and "single tap for the Ambient Display" could be used at the same time. If there's no technical reason for this limitation, I hope OnePlus will consider it..

But the "three finger swipe for a screenshot" feature is ingenious, and the night mode for photos works incredibly well! [e]1f44d[/e]

Overall, it's a GREAT phone, especially for the price, and I'm really glad I made the switch!

While using Samsung phones the past ten years, I've still paid attention to other phones, but this was the first one to lure me away!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019 at 9:08 AM

7. D1560489014980 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 3:31 AM

D1560489014980, Jul 13, 2019 at 3:31 AM :
    Battery is very poor on my OnePlus 7 pro it last about only 4.5. hour if IAM gaming it last 3.5 to 4 hour screen on time, very bad performance one 7 pro, I had charge my OnePlus7 pro couple times in days, as company claim charging speed it not great, I took almost 1 hour 38 minute where budget phone realme 3 pro took 1 hour 20 minute, IAM very dissatisfied with my OnePlus 7 pro, In idle mood also it consume about 10% to 15% of battery in overnight, IAM disappointed with OnePlus everything is hype, nothing is real. please do something. last but not the least to take a portrait mood I have stand 1 kilometers away from subject. wow this is oxygen os.

8. Bella77 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 4:05 AM

Bella77, Jul 13, 2019 at 4:05 AM :
    I'm loving the phone so far. I've been using it around 48 hours now. The one thing I noticed immediately was although there is a place to turn on read reciepts for mms messages there is not for sms. I've gotten used to using this feature to tell if my text has been read on previous phones. It seems like a simple thing, so it doesn't detour my fascination with the phone, but it is a convenience that would make texting a little nicer. Also being able to see when someone was typing a response was a nice touch that is not available on this particular version of text messaging.

The rest of the phone is unbelievably responsive so far for what I do. :)

9. Y1516197559146 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 5:54 AM

Y1516197559146, Jul 13, 2019 at 5:54 AM :
    I cannot watch the video clips on FB as it shows buffering . I've to restart the phone and then the video clips open. no issue with internet connection ..

10. U1562994734999 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 6:17 AM

U1562994734999, Jul 13, 2019 at 6:17 AM :
    just purchased the 7 pro after having the 6t and I'm impressed, by comparison. going through the motions I have yet to encounter any bugs. the phone in itself is very nice.

11. H1562996713315 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 6:55 AM

H1562996713315, Jul 13, 2019 at 6:55 AM :
    + Love the screen. Love it.
    + Stereo speakers are always a plus.
    + The design is OK. Curved edges serves no functionality so that solution was absolutely pointless and just copying the current trends. Also takes away from the experience.

- The camera. I haven't seen as bad camera since 2015 on any smart phone and it's really inexcusable. It's horrible, and there really is no way around it. Unless you're shooting at well lit place and holding the phone on a stand you'll get horrible pictures. Video is even worse. Just no. Not at this price point.
    - Pop up camera. It's not ok that you use us as testers for something that might or might not work. We all know a new tech that places the camera under the screen is coming, so this will be forgotten soon. Nobody will do pop ups in 2 years anymore.

Overall I think once the 5g model of S10+ is out, those who love this screen will move onto Samsung instead as they have a solid product and the size will be the same. No garbage camera, and no silly pop up. For a while it seemed like OP was gonna be huge, and would become the next Samsung slowly but surely. Now we are at a turning point where too many compromises have caused people to turn to other models instead. For this price, even with 90hrz screen, you cannot include a camera like this and other experimental low quality gimmicks on a phone and think you'll get away with it and continue to grow. Huawei seems to be the future, even if they copy pretty much everyone else and they offer so so products that lack what people mostly want. I've been using OP since 3t but this'll def be my last one. I almost feel cheated and I wish I could get my money back.

ShadyM10 likes this.
  12. N1562500133506 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 3:05 PM

N1562500133506, Jul 13, 2019 at 3:05 PM :
    Assigning custom sound/tone for outgoing text messages

Hi, One Plus 7 Pro user here. (after 6 long years of blind love for samsung). so far, awesome. just getting used to oxygen os & enjoying the cleaner android interface.

Could somebody please enlighten me as to how to assign a custom tone for outgoing text messages. I have searched high and low on google but could not find any definite solutions, atleast for non rooted users. I have downloaded one of the outgoing message tones of iphone (.wav format | 16 Bit | 48 kHz)

In general phone settings, under Sounds & Vibrations, there is an option to assign custom sound in SMS Ringtone setting and I was able to assign the above said downloaded sound and it works but the sound plays for incoming text messages. The outgoing text message sound remains the same (default)

I checked in the settings of the native messaging app but could not find an option to assign the above said custom tone. There is an option with a toggle to turn off or on outgoing messaging sound

The default outgoing text message sound is not bad but I would love to change it to the downloaded one.

Thanks in advance to the One Plus community. I am sorry if this thread seems to be about a trivial matter.

13. shaggythegangsta Froyo Jul 13, 2019 at 6:06 PM

shaggythegangsta, Jul 13, 2019 at 6:06 PM :
    for now I found out that if you forcefully close the app is starts to works so that you don't have to restart the phone..

14. theautismdad Cupcake Jul 13, 2019 at 7:39 PM

theautismdad, Jul 13, 2019 at 7:39 PM :
    As a longtime Samsung Note series user and recognized developer at XDA, I wanted to share a few thoughts on my first two weeks with the OnePlus 7Pro. I'm a power user and upgrade every year. I manage a high traffic blog, multiple award winning blog, advocating for special needs, and Autism families like mine and have for over a decade. I used to develop ROMS over at XDA and used them to raise awareness for Autism. I'm still a recognized developer.

I write for a living because I'm a stay at home Dad to 3 kids with Autism and other special needs. My phone is my most valuable tool when it comes to providing for my family. I've written almost 12,000 posts from my smartphone over the last decade. Much of my imaging work is done on my phone, and I record, mix, edit, and publish my podcast using only my phone. I really push my phones to the limits, and so I expect a lot from a high-end device.

I've been using the OnePlus 7 Pro for about two weeks now, and I'm incredibly impressed. So much so that I may just break up with Samsung. [e]1f609[/e]

Things I like:

1) Build quality is second to none, and I'm very picky. I'm a fan of Samsung build quality as well, but my Note 9 and S10 Plus were almost twice the price of my OnePlus 7 Pro, and I prefer the build of the OnePlus.

2) Speed. This thing is fast. My S10 Plus is fast, but when I go to use my S10 Plus now, it feels like a downgrade.

3) Nearly stock Android. As a developer, I HATED touch wiz. I hated it. I did like One UI, but nothing compares to stock Android.

4) I love the screen. 90 Hz makes a big difference — no more choppy scrolling. The almost bezel-less display is gorgeous. Some people have complained about the brightness outdoors, but I've not had any issues. The camera hole punch in the S10 for to be annoying.

5) The heptic feedback feels great when typing and as someone who's written almost 12,000 posts from a phone, that's really important to me. There's also no keyboard lag either. I type very fast and the OnePlus keeps up without an issue.

6) Warp charging is crazy fast.

This I don't like:

1) I do miss the Samsung camera. It seemed quicker and had nice little touches like motion pictures. That was great when a pic was off a bit. I could scroll through the clip for a better frame and capture it. Don't get me wrong; the OnePlus camera isn't bad, the software is just lagging a bit behind.

2) Little things like missing external storage for media and bigger things like a lack of wireless charging are noticeable but not deal breakers. I do sometimes miss my 512gb of internal storage.

3) AOD needs to be ALWAYS ON. That seems pretty simple.

Having said that, those are really nitpicking. I may actually skip the Note 10 this year. The down payment alone will be as much as the OnePlus 7 Pro out the door. I feel like the shortcomings or minor sacrifices required to be accepted by the user when switching from something like the Note or S10 Plus to OnePlus 7 Pro can be addressed with software. The warp charging is more useful than wireless charging IMO.

The final thing that I think really matters to me is communication. Samsung used to embrace developers and even give us free flagship phones to develop on. Now, it's like they forget they even have customers. It takes forever to get fixes and their update schedule is ridiculous.

It seems like OnePlus has the opposite approach and openly embraces the community. It's nice to see a company talking to its customers and actually listening.

I may never switch back and OnePlus seems like my new home.

Finally, I think OnePlus allows people who are not as financially well-off as others, experience what it's like to own a flagship.decice. That's something that really matters to families like mine.

abhijit04, loucas971 and Bella77 like this.
  15. G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj Gingerbread Jul 13, 2019 at 8:30 PM

G_Rich_Cowan_EQlj, Jul 13, 2019 at 8:30 PM :
    IV had my OnePlus 7 pro for a few months now. I have to say I'm super impressed with this phone. it's fast, smooth, well made and a try flagship in its own right. only small niggle is the camera. It's still needs improvement to be on par with Samsung, Huawei and apple flagships. it's certainly improved over previous models but still.a bit go.go yet. Other than that it's fantastic. The screen is the best out there. The stereo speakers are one of the best and make a huge difference to.the listening experience. There's really nothing to dislike about this phone. Well done OnePlus,.keep up the great work.

Bella77 and Edber320d like this.
  16. F_Robert_Siegel_qswi Cupcake Jul 14, 2019 at 5:38 AM

Bella77 likes this.
  17. Bexxasaurustea Cupcake Jul 14, 2019 at 7:52 AM

Bexxasaurustea, Jul 14, 2019 at 7:52 AM :
    There needs to be a game lock feature. Where you can lock the phone but the app is still running. Unless there is this/a similar feature already and I've missed it.

Bella77 likes this.
  18. levelpulse Cupcake Jul 14, 2019 at 1:23 PM

19. senthil_babu Cupcake Jul 14, 2019 at 1:27 PM

senthil_babu, Jul 14, 2019 at 1:27 PM :
    I have been using one plus 7 pro from the launch, but recently bI am facing few issues with the gallery. For the past few days the gallery is bit slow and takes lot of time to load a image. Kindly check in to tie and fix the bug

20. MelissaM4567 Cupcake Jul 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM

MelissaM4567, Jul 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM :
    having issues with the camera. just got the phone. It can't focus on photos and looks fuzzy even in light.I Think my phone is defective.Is it a known issue?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 2:25 PM