Share your good news, spread the holiday cheer!

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

David Y. , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Share-your-good-news,-spread-the-holiday-cheer!_780.jpg

Hi friends!

The holidays are upon us! I'm sure you've prepared some surprises for your family and friends. Would you mind sharing a gift with our community too? Tell us what good news you've received so far! Some of us may be still holding our breath, waiting for the big moment. For the rest of us, let’s share our best news with our community to spread the holiday cheer.

Here's how it works:
    1. Share the best news you got this holiday season (or this year!). Write it down and drop it in this thread. (Entries in English, German, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Finnish, Danish, or Swedish are welcome)
    2. Sharing is caring, so don't hesitate to give your likes to our community members!
    3. One entry per person. Entries will be accepted until 10 PM EDT on Dec 29. We will randomly pick 3 winners to receive a new OnePlus Laptop Bag. Winners will be announced on Jan 2.
    We hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! Stay safe and may the simple joys of this season warm your heart.

P.S., My best news to share: Today (Dec 22) is my 7th Anniversary with my girlfriend. :p

Cheers!

Update: Thanks to everyone who participated! I hope you guys would get more good news in 2018! We just randomly picked 3 lucky winners, @zheyong, @VipulJadhav12, @F_Richie_Sk_agHO, each one will win a OnePlus Laptop Bag. Congrats! We will contact you recently for the detailed shipping info.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018

2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 22, 2017

Cheetosdust , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Congratulations on the 7th anniversary. Will have to pen something out.

And an awesome holiday season to everyone at OnePlus and here on the forums.

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 22, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 22, 2017 :
    I will be forced to make a career change. And while the reasons behind it are not the best, it means I have a huge opportunity to improve myself both personally and professionally.

4. Gaston NP
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 22, 2017

Gaston NP , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Bonjour à tous !

Ma meilleure nouvelle est d'apprendre il y a quelques semaines ma mutation pour la Nouvelle-Calédonie l'été prochain pour 3 ans.

Joyeux Noël à tous.

Merci @David Y. pour tout et je te souhaite plein de bonnes choses. Félicitation pour ta vie de couple ;)

tno27, viking_vp3, AlexVlmbs and 13 others like this.
  5. thechadd
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2017

thechadd , Dec 22, 2017 :
    We're going to Las Vegas instead of visiting my family this Christmas. I should have thought of this years ago! [​IMG]

6. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 22, 2017

youbi , Dec 22, 2017 :
    @David Y. Congrats on your 7 birthday. I feel your pain. :D :p kidding, all the best to you and your girlfriend, who knows, maybe next year she will be something else. :p

Yeah I know, that's called putting some pressure on. :D

Regarding the best news these holidays, probably it's the fact that I get to spend it with my family and loved ones one more year, and that's always something worth celebrating. :)

As for the year news, probably it was getting the results of a biopsy I did and seeing that it was all ok with me and it was just a false alarm. :sweatsmile:

sommersy, atenaa, AlexVlmbs and 16 others like this.
  7. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Dec 22, 2017

luxuskamel , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Weihnachten direkt "vor Ort" feiern! Stelle ich mir super interessant vor, mit großer Wanderung in der Nacht. Eine Aktion mit vielen Frewilligen hier im Land. Hab schon super leute kennengelernt, einer hat sogar ein OnePlus 5. Ist lustig, dass ich mehr über sein Handy weiß als er :D

otto2, The Joker, script and 5 others like this.
  8. hemanth9719
    Froyo Dec 22, 2017

9. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Dec 22, 2017

camohan , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Congratulations @David Y. dont be nervous. You know what I mean :p.

I have 2 best news to share here :
    1. I became papa this year i.e. on January 7, 2017. In next 15 days, my little one is gonna be a year old. Time flies and he is becoming naughtier day by day.
    2. I could meet you, @Adam Krisko and my mod family. This would be one of my happiest moments of life...!!!

Like farming is against forum rules, David. You get a warning for it...!!

10. pojr
    Jelly Bean Dec 22, 2017

pojr , Dec 22, 2017 :
    7 years whoa

I think it's time to bend on your knees and show her that diamond :)

Ruby G., otto2, antidanis and 6 others like this.
  11. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 22, 2017

The Joker and keithnyc like this.
  12. ngpbay
    Froyo Dec 22, 2017

ngpbay , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Oneplus 6 will be release in March 2018 and it will come with fingerprint scanner under the display. It will be powered by Snapdragon Qualcomm 845 chipset with 8 GB of RAM.

This was the Good News I heard..[e]263a[/e]️

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017

13. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Dec 22, 2017

camohan , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Wow...!!! you can see future?

otto2, The Joker, thechadd and 2 others like this.
  14. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Dec 22, 2017

David Y. , Dec 22, 2017 :
    shhhhh... :p

Themurtuza, woSch, otto2 and 5 others like this.
  15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 22, 2017

G_plusone , Dec 22, 2017 :
    :D:D

David Y., otto2, The Joker and 2 others like this.
  16. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 22, 2017

G_plusone , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Shouldn't it be knee :cool:

otto2, The Joker and SoniaB like this.
  17. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 22, 2017

SoniaB , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Happy Holidays!

This year has been a mix, but there have been some great moments, both IRL and on the forum.

1. I became an Aunt twice again
    2. London Mod Meet 2017 ... meeting my fellow mods and OP staff. It was a great event. BUT even better was the bag of salted dry jackfruit that @OALEXANDER brought for me. Talk about addicted. That 1 kilo bag lasted a week tops.
    3. This pic of Carl:
    [​IMG]
    4. The pic of Carl above which leads to my shout out to possibly the best [UNOFFICIAL] Week in Review ever courtesy of @dsmonteiro
    5. Now the forum has been inundated with pics/clicks/shots so it would be amiss of me not to mention teatowelgate

18. Plenkske
    Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 22, 2017

Plenkske , Dec 22, 2017 :
    Best news last year must be the birth of my niece(first time uncle). My sister was only pregnant for 30 weeks so the baby had to stay in the hospital for a while, but all went really well ! She is so sweet.
    Also, the girlfriend of my brother is pregnant, should arrive in May 2018.

I'm glad my own girlfriend is not pregnant yet haha, I'm 6 years younger then my brother and sister.

Professionally, at work, all is going really well and I got some more responsible tasks this year. Hope to keep improving the next years.

Maggie S., David Y., otto2 and 14 others like this.
  19. Sujknair
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2017

Sujknair , Dec 22, 2017 :
    My happiest moment this year has to be my graduation day, when i officially became qualified enough to tell people how to live their lives and be healthy, while screwing up my own life simultaneously.
    I became a doctor :-D

20. RamboH
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2017

RamboH , Dec 22, 2017 :
    we all got " The Oneplus company Settled OP2"

No bug fix, No Updates in last one year
    3.6.1 is worst Update, Not stable, dain battery faster than clock ( sec hand)

#never buy any product from this worst company.
    they one focus new baby's, all devices will discontinued after 1 or 1 half year, it's not lie, check what happened in OP 1, 2, x...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017