Share your Never Settle story in the times of COVID-19

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 30, 2021

dsmonteiro , Sep 30, 2021 :
    header.jpg

Hey everyone,

How’s everything? It’s quite unbelievable how three-quarters of 2021 have already gone by, we’re always amazed by how time flies. In the past months and years, the wishes of seeing you all in person have only gotten stronger, to have a nice talk regardless of distances, yet the COVID-19 hardships are still making it drastically difficult.

Thankfully, we’re lucky to stay in touch through the OnePlus Community. We're always happy to see how our Community across the globe has always been keen to share your moments with us, both big and small. This is what makes the Community a joyful place to be in for all of us, on both good days and bad ones.

It’s been nearly eight years since OnePlus started its ‘Never Settle’ journey, and we’re grateful to every one of our users that grew with us day by day while sharing the same Never Settle spirit in life. Your journey and stories always matter to us and indeed inspire us a lot.

As we prepare to make a new and limited edition book about the last eight years' Never Settle stories, we'd like to invite you to be part of it. We want to portray YOUR Never Settle story and how it reflects on us and helps shape us. We want to hear how you ‘never settled’ in the time of COVID-19.

Rules:
    • We're inviting you to share your personal "Never Settle" stories through the COVID-19 pandemic in the comments below.
    • These stories may or not be directly related to OnePlus.
    • The structure is up to you, but we suggest you share stories between 300 and 800 words.
    • We invite you to also share photos or videos that illustrate your story.
    • We will select the best stories to be part of this limited edition. If you're selected, we'll make sure you get a dedicated copy of the book.
    • We'll also reward every valid entry with 100 Raffle Points.
    • You can submit your entries until October 14, 2021, 11:59 PM EST.
    So, what are you waiting for? Start sharing your story! We can't wait to read it.

2. McJader
    Marshmallow Sep 30, 2021

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Sep 30, 2021

4. theanonymousguy , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 30, 2021 :
    I was fully vaccinated in April and then in May I got corona positive during the 2nd wave. My health became critical and I was facing high fever, weakness, vomiting and what not. Finally after one and half months I was cured by taking appropriate rest and medicine. The corona is true please take care everyone. And also get fully vaccinated.

5. TakmanTechnical
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2021

TakmanTechnical , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 30, 2021 :
    "Never Settle" To Help Others

In CORONA PANDEMIC Many People's Were Suffering From Corona & Financial Problems .Many Of Them Lost There Loved Ones And Many Families Were Suffering From An Money Problem & No Food.
    That Time Me And My Family Decided To Help Those Who Are Suffering From This Pandemic And That Time My Eyes Were Numb & I Realised What Family And Money Is. Helping Others In Need Can Make You Feel Good ☺️

*Never Settle To Help Others*

6. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 30, 2021

7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 30, 2021

Dresa91 , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Thank you @dsmonteiro for this:) I am already looking forward to all the interesting stories:)

My "Never Settle Story" during COVID-19:
    My story is an "our" story:) :
    As of mid-March 2019, my wife and I were in the home office. We had a lot of time to ourselves besides work, which we were fortunate to be able to take full advantage of from home. So we came up with an idea - And no, that's not what you're thinking right now:
    Over the entire spring and early summer, after quite a few conversations, we came to the decision that we wanted a dog.
    But we didn't want a puppy, so we visited an animal shelter in Hamburg because we wanted to give a dog the chance for a second, better life.
    No sooner said than done. After we chose a female dog on the shelter's website, we were allowed to take our Enya home in November 2020 after three appointments.
    1686102-7780a25a20c2350b4d892ff42b58f174.jpeg
    At the age of almost 4.5 years she got a better life: a life with a comfortable sofa, a lot of love and a lot of cheese:
    She fell in love with babybel.
    JPG HD-Mini Babybel Original Cello_1.jpg

And now we are a family of three:)
    She enjoys her time with us and now has a real dog life again. Before the shelter she was left alone all day. Now she has a real pack and they really take care of her.
    And the nice thing is that my wife and I could already teach her - despite her age - some tricks: aporting a food dummy or looking for it after we had hidden it.:)

And to be honest: the decision that we brought them to us was the right one and the best one during COVID-19.
    We can go out with her, so we were not or are not "locked up" at home most of the time.:)

In one month we will celebrate her first anniversary with us.To me, this time already seems like an eternity:)
    Of course, having a dog also means many restrictions. But the glance of the dog, or the joy when you come home, that outweighs :)

8. otto2
    Photography Expert Sep 30, 2021

otto2 , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Restrictions? Woof. Just keep your Never Settle spirit and the restrictions will change to..
    Challenges.

PS. When will I meet Enya for some doggy photowalks? IMG_20210929_191235_001.jpg

9. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Sep 30, 2021 :
    haha true:)
    With Enya we can explore a new world - every day:)

PS: I hope soon:)

10. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2021

Enoch111, SRD. and Dresa91 like this.
  11. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 30, 2021

the_o2 , Sep 30, 2021 :
    People were abandoning their pets in Covid time and you adopted one, you are really a kind hearted person, respect for you brother 💞.

12. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Unfortunately, yes:(
    Thank you ❣️🤗

13. SRD.
    Lollipop Sep 30, 2021

SRD. , Sep 30, 2021 :
    This is what I was requesting to you last year. Thanks. We'll get inspired by many stories.

I am in for this and 'll share my story for sure. We have learnt a lot during the Pandemic.

Enoch111, Bobbie63 , Gor. and 5 others like this.
  14. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Sep 30, 2021

camohan , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Work, Eat, Sleep repeat. That's an unfortunate story of mine during Covid-19.

15. RacerZ
    KitKat Sep 30, 2021

RacerZ , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Kudos for rescuing a beautiful dog and giving her the home and family she deserves.

16. Technical SuranaJi

Enoch111, SRD., Daniel D. and 8 others like this.
  17. G_plusone
    Nougat Sep 30, 2021

G_plusone , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Thanks for sharing buddy :)

Enoch111, Bobbie63 , Gor. and 3 others like this.
  18. BobbyV8_
    The Lab² Reviewer - Insta360 GO 2 Sep 30, 2021

BobbyV8_ , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Monty! Don't you feel you're making me write a lot? I'm not taking this project up.
    Long story short - Lost many dear ones, fight to overcome wasn't easy. Burnt a lot more money than usual, earning it back wasn't easy. The only part I loved was to stay back home and spend time with Simba.

Enoch111, dsmonteiro, SRD. and 8 others like this.
  19. HarshKK14

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Sep 30, 2021 :
    I loved watching Ben 10.
    I remember watching these in childhood: Power Rangers, Phineas and Ferb, Doraemon, Shin Chan, Perman, Oggy and the Cockroaches, Micky mouse club house, Ninja Hatauri, Kitretsu, Shaka Laka boom boom, Sharaarat, Oswald, Noddy, Mr. Bean, motu patlu, chota bheem, etc etc etc

20. we_need
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2021

we_need , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Thanks for the opportunity @dsmonteiro
    Myself and my entire family got Covid-19 in may month and struggled a lot. Worst part of me is even after 25 days test results showing as Positive (only me) my family members recovered.
    Those 25 days are like hell and Thanks to my friends who supported giving us Food and tablets. I just want to forget Those Horrible days.
    Please Stay safe guys and stay happy with Family.
    Thanks to OnePlus Community for the opportunity to share this.