Share your Never Settle story in the times of COVID-19

1. Y1629705522541 , via OnePlus Nord CE , Oct 3, 2021 :
    My brother bought me one plus Nord CE from his first salary and gifted me on rakshabandhan.... Poor me accidentally i pushed the sim tray wrong side and it got stuck ....my phone was under warranty but the damage was done ...we went to one plus store they broke the sim tray to get sim out and were charging 25k to repair ...and it's the exact price of OnePlus Nord instead of getting repair buying new one is better option ...we try to bargain but it was my fault and we can't afford either repair or new one plus so I'm using one plus Nord CE without sim tray and sim 😂😂 please mercy on me repair my phone for free LOL 😆

2. O1633430941590 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 5, 2021 :
    So this story starts before the beginning beginning of covid. I am a 27 years in meth addict that got in trouble with the federal government for drug charges back in July of 2019. I went to jail and finally decided that I had enough. I was released in March of 2020 when covid first started, and put on pretrial release. I was staying with a girlfriend at the time but in April my father passed away and I was delegated to come and take care of my stepmother because she's has lots of health problems and is disabled. When I did this I also decided I wanted to go back to school to become a drug and alcohol counselor because Lord knows I've had plenty of experience, and I just enjoy helping others. My mother and I both got covid, well she got it and then I got it. For me it lasted about a week wasn't too bad symptoms for her lasted a couple weeks and it was a little bit worse, but again, not to bad. I was extremely scared for her because she is already in end stage kidney failure, has copd, diabetes, and congestive heart failure among other issues but I wasn't going to leave her side. We both make it through that without it being to big of a deal and I'm going to school and taking care of my mom for about a year and a half when she passes away last month of natural causes related to Germany health problems. I finished all my prerequisites and I'm about to enroll in the addiction Counseling program at Portland community college, and my lawyer sends me a letter with an offer from the US Attorney for 63 to 75 months in federal prison. Did I mentioned that I just had two years clean for the first time in my 27 year addiction on September 19th? Well I don't know that there's a lot that I can do about it, so I guess now that I finally decided to turn my life around and do the right things I'm going to have to go and do it from prison. I hope I am able to continue with school and get my degree. I wish that our justice system would do a little bit more Justice.

Enoch111 likes this.
  3. E1579112781926
    Donut Oct 5, 2021

E1579112781926 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 5, 2021 :
    This was a letter jotted down by me exactly 6 months ago. It was composed when I felt worthless in this abyss I called life. It is here as under.

"It looks like I'm at a cross with everything surrounding me. Nothing makes me joyous like it used to. I've finally amassed all that I had in me and now, penning this down. Everything pertained to COVID-19 makes me furious. I still can't speculate how this pandemic has turned out to be. There is no way I'm able to help. I attempted to keep my mind off of it, even tried my nicest to extend my support to anyone in need by sharing through stories on social media but all in vain. Watching people of the whole world suffer and mourn clusters my heart with sorrow.

I remember everyone in my prayers and this blessed month of Ramadan, my heart goes out to everyone exposed to the Corona Virus and others encountering the threat of anxiety, depression, and the state of confusion as well. I am not certain when we can obtain normalcy but I do hope very soon. So what if our leader's and politicians' civic sense has dropped to an all-time low in recent years, I'm sure it's not the case with us. My request to everyone would be to leave your house only when it is unavoidable. If not, then stay at home and live in a sanitized atmosphere.
    Remember that these are the most familiar symptoms to watch out for:
    Fever
    - Dry cough
    - Sore throat
    - Runny and stuffy nose
    - Chest pain and shortness of breath
    - Fatigue
    - Gastrointestinal infection
    - Loss of sense of smell and taste

With the onset of these symptoms, isolate yourself.

Wash and sanitize your hands regularly.
    Wear well-fitted masks.
    Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
    Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs. Promote safety around food and drinks. Restrict your travel and go out only in case of emergency.

Sending love and hugs.
    ~Javeria."

4. shashank.javalagi
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2021

5. hbk1402
    KitKat Oct 6, 2021

hbk1402 , Oct 6, 2021 :
    Thank you @dsmonteiro, for giving us this opportunity to share our Never Settle story in the times of COVID-19.

Covid has thought me many things especially after getting hospitalized with breathing difficulties. Luckily survived and back. Health is one of the most important things in life but still we keep forgetting / ignoring it, due to our busy schedule. Personally, me being a workaholic not spending time to take care of my health nor spending much time with family & friends.

Now, completely a changed person. Spending some 30 mins for workout and spending time with family and friends. Calling up old school and college friends turned out to be a nice virtual reunion. Really miss my childhood days and wish if I could ever get back to those golden days. In my opinion, the kids of present generation would never get such moments.

Being locked up in home and stressed up, started terrace gardening, as a new pass time with family. It also enable to get some fresh air. It gives huge satisfaction when we get to see the plants grow right from seeding to yielding flowers to vegetables / fruits. Food made out of the organic yield from our own garden really tastes good and definitely healthy. I would really recommend terrace gardening to my friends as well. It serves as a physical activity and also gives us a pleasant feeling while we sit & enjoy the garden sight in the evenings.

IMG_20211003_110156.jpg

IMG_20211003_110145.jpg

IMG_20211003_110114.jpg

IMG_20210928_084639.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Next to family, it's the OnePlus community and the friends in the community are the most with whom I spend quality time. Helping people around and if it helped them to solve their issue, the amount of joy we get, is countless. Also the innovative contests, photography, discussions, etc, keep me occupied. Met new people, made friends and hoping to meet you all soon in any of the OnePlus events, post pandemic. Looking forward and hoping to get an invite to launch events in future. Never ever thought that I would create ringtones, get to design the brainstorm room, etc and thanks to OnePlus for providing such wonderful opportunities. Also, felt really happy when I received the 3rd year anniversary box from OnePlus. Have kept it on my work desk, facing me all the time.

IMG_20211006_110319.jpg

Definitely terrace gardening, virtual reunions and OnePlus community are my Never settle stories during this Pandemic.

6. AshishPrinz
    Honeycomb Oct 6, 2021

AshishPrinz , Oct 6, 2021 :
    • Got diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder in 2020
    • Ended an 11 year long relationship in January 2021
    • Dog died in February
    • Broke both legs in an accident in March
    • Got PTSD the same month
    • Car got stolen in May
    • Left a band that took 7 years to build up in June
    • Caught COVID in June
    • Limbs got severely weak & doctors said this could be permanent brain damage due to COVID in July
    • Failed to get Visa for further studies in August
    It was fun

7. Dipesh619
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2021

Dipesh619 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 7, 2021 :
    I always wanted to own a One Plus device and that happened during 2020 when the covid crisis was at its peak. Since then I enjoyed One Plus UI, Community, Fnatic Mode and some amazing features which no other brand provides. Oxygen OS is amazing it is the best and just keeps getting better with every update. Loved the One Plus Nord AR launch and camera quality is amazing as well. Now I don't feel like using any other brand I am addicted to "Never Settle".
    1633615132341.jpg

1633615132390.jpg

Enoch111 likes this.
  8. Mikhaadam
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2021

9. Gor.
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2021

Gor. , Oct 8, 2021 :
    THE TEST

Firstly, thank you @dsmonteiro for hosting such an interesting contest :). It was also great to read all the stories out here :).

These times of COVID-19 have indeed been a very challenging period for all of us across the globe. It has been an unforeseen and bewildering phase of life. I think our battles were not with the virus only. It was much more than that. Humans versus unemployment, loneliness, depression, anxiety, depleting savings, scarcity, monotony and so much more. Most lost several of their dear ones too in an untimely way. We for the first time were able to distinguish what our needs are and how seriously different they are from the wants we assumed to be our needs.

In my opinion, this was an opportunity to help those in need in whatever capacity possible. Help is never small or big, little or more. What matters is the intention. If it’s pure, kudos! Our lives entered a point of stagnation, which is naturally unsatisfying. We were caged around restraints of all kinds. Hospitals were the new worship places with some regions having none! Contrast was also visible where those with all wealth couldn’t save themselves and/or their loved ones and some, perhaps many, could possibly survive if they had just a little more.

I genuinely learnt a lot, a lot. It was going to be the survival of the fittest. Not just fit by physical health, but mentally too. Mental health is a highly undiscussed topic possibly because of fear of being ridiculed by the society we live in. It was all about taking life one day at a time, practicing mindfulness. We also appreciated the presence of technology in our lives. It helped in staying connected with dear ones residing miles away. In fact, there was much more to do, being able to make needful purchases, reading, streaming, online courses etc.

I saw this phase as an opportunity to develop on personal skills such as resilience, one of my favorite skills. Exploring the bank of knowledge out there on such topics is phenomenal most of which is freely accessible. Reflecting on life in general and the value of forming good habits was also crucial. The significance of performing micro habits consistently was all it needed to shift course of life. It was a good time to sit back and understand my life and the actions taken and to take. Sometimes I also realized how some things were designed to be ridiculously complicated when all it needed was a series of comprehendible steps to reach the peak/ goal.

In conclusion, stay rigid in times of challenges and grounded in times of triumph. Both these times are guaranteed in a human life cycle. I have also been trying to follow and apply the same. This reminds of Dr. Daniel G. Amen. He once said that “negative thoughts can cause your brain to immediately release chemicals that affect every cell in your body, making you feel bad; while the opposite is true –positive, hopeful thoughts release chemicals that make you feel good. Your thought patterns can also have long-term effects. Make ANT-killing (Automatic Negative Thoughts) a daily habit.”

upload_2021-10-8_14-57-27.png
    Thank you for reading :).

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021

10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 8, 2021

Bobbie63 , Oct 8, 2021 :
    Wow, I started writing what I wanted to say here. I might as well stop after reading this.... Thank you. :)

Enoch111, SRD. and Gor. like this.
  11. Gor.
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2021

Gor. , Oct 8, 2021 :
    Oh wow! Really! Thank you! :) It's awesome to know someone thinking likewise :). Please go ahead writing your piece, would be great to read your version too :).

Enoch111, Bobbie63 and Dresa91 like this.
  12. eddyros
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2021

eddyros , Oct 8, 2021 :
    During the pandemic COVID 19 afflicted (and is afflicting nowadays) the world I wasted 2 birthdays :'). I used, intentionally, the word 'waste' even if I'm not a birthday addicted. I've never loved to make party or big event during my birthday but, during these last 2 years I realized how much difficult and sad can be to "celebrate" birthday at home, with "just" family and answering people on Facebook.

I'd like to open my thread with this consideration, far from what I'm going to share with you, but close to everyone spent bad days. This event opened my eyes and I understood how important and great can be little things like a stupid birthday. <3

Anyway, here my thought about "Never Settle Covid19".

I had many of free time. During the pandemic, I used to be a waiter and obviously restaurants/bars were closed by the lockdown. Italy was one of the first EU countries afflicted by Covid19 and the hit was hard enough.

The place where I worked was closed for more or less 1 year.

I watched many tv series, movies and I discovered the reading pleasure.

I started to follow IG pages that suggested books to read. I thought having people were reading with me the same book was unbelievable! This was the trigger that boosted my passion about books. I started to read more that one books per month, I had got time and I thought "maybe you'll never get much free time like that during my whole life, I need to use every single days, hours and seconds to gain and grow up inside."

So, during those days I read tons of books, any genders and numbers of pages (sometimes people scare about book size).

Readin was great, but I continued stay sit to my chair or on my bed. I eat, read, sleep. Something should be changed.

I started to do home-gym. I bought few essential gym tools from Amazon, follow main fit channels and listen/view tons of videos.

I was ready to grow external also hahah.

I planned my whole day starting from having breakfast, reading until lunch, watch movies and than workout.

All this to say: never give up, even if the days are running out, try to keep calm and focus on one target!

I hope this elementary philosophy may help you as it helped me.

Enoch111, hbk1402, Gor. and 4 others like this.
  13. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 8, 2021

14. McJader
    Marshmallow Oct 8, 2021

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Oct 8, 2021

16. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 8, 2021

Bobbie63 , Oct 8, 2021 :
    I guess the moment you’re eating your own vegetables you started growing during this pandemic, you realise how long this whole thing is going on….:confused:

17. hbk1402
    KitKat Oct 8, 2021

hbk1402 , Oct 8, 2021 :
    Yeah true, for more than a year now but still not over, I mean the Pandemic ☹️

18. atenaa
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2021

19. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Oct 8, 2021

Bobbie63 , Oct 8, 2021 :
    thank you all.:)

20. Manish1625
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2021

Manish1625 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 8, 2021 :
    In My Country the Covid outbreak started from 18-19 of march 2020
    Lockdown started from 22nd of March

My College Industrial visit trip was started from 3rd of March to 14th of March

We didn't get to visit main important places which were decided.

All the disappointment started from there only... Wearing masks covering face.. Using sanitizers frequently.

After the coming back from the trip Lockdown started some lf my friends were also stucked away from there homes no way to go back to the home town because of the Lockdown. Things were so difficult that time. Everyone was scared of that virus.

All day sitting home doing nothing just watch the new this this count of nee patients are found and all that was so depressing and frustrating.

These 18-20 months were so difficult for all of us hope so we don't get to seen anything like this again.

Wish a good health to everyone
    Take Care
    #NEVERSETTLE

Enoch111, Iamhasannaqvi, Gor. and 2 others like this.