Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Oct 30, 2018

Abdulhamidkriaa likes this.
  2. rwmchan
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

3. iPap
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

iPap , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Any thoughts about going back to 5.5'' screen? The phones are huge nowadays and there are no options in the market.

4. Lazymass
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

5. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS)
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Well @Jimmy Z. why is the cameral the same? i said it here before that the camera is not a great performer and the lens must be changed. and with 1.22um we can't just expect anything better.

@Louis S. What happened to bringing stereo speakers? or some sort of boom sound since the extra grille is just being empty. at least we that space could have been used for some kind of improved speaker tech if not stereo.

@Carl we were hoping for some new internals such as IR blaster, stereo speakers, and some IP rating at least with improved camera lenses when will this dreams ever come true? as it stands now the 6T doesn't give any proper reason for someone on the 6 to upgrade, it's never worth it. only in-display FP reader with same internals. i don't see this to be a worthy upgrade. Maybe we should be focused on employing every standard feature on the device first to meet the true flagship race.

6. Steps Parku (DJ STEPS)
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

Steps Parku (DJ STEPS) , Oct 30, 2018 :
    yeah no need. it's still oneplus 6 with just an ind-display fingerprint sensor. all other features that the camera offers could be implemented into the oneplus 6 but they are only bringing night mode. but they all share the same camera specs.

Danilo3001 likes this.
  7. Soneliem
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

Soneliem , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Gary C. in the event it was mentioned that the 6 will receive some features from the 6t, so which ones and will some of these come to the 5/5T?

8. ventodeldestino
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

9. _fusface
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

_fusface , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Louis S. Will the USB-C port have the same problem as Pixel 2 and Razer Phone, where if you plug in an analog USB-C to 3.5mm dongle it won't detect it and output audio to it.

huxley1t likes this.
  10. Yannis Neris
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

Yannis Neris , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Give 1200 bucks if you want a complete phone

11. nithesh.rs
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

nithesh.rs , Oct 30, 2018 :
    No LED notification on OnePlus 6T, this feature was a must and basic thing for a NEVER SETTLE phone. Compromised on the absence of head phone jack(thanks for adding the adapter in box) but LED notification was a must and there is no alternative provided. Disappointed :( , Oneplus 6 is still a better phone.
    @Carl
    @Manu.
    @Louis S.
    Can you provide an alternative for this notification by using the Led present in the display.?

nilz22 likes this.
  12. MiszterSoul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

MiszterSoul , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Thats true, easier to go trough glass than metal with these signals of course.
    Just you know too, to do wireless charge if you habe already a glass back, with good battery is an extra what a lot of ppl want.

Btw, with dash charge we dont really need wireless charge which is a lot slower, but you know, extra is extra. :D

13. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 30, 2018

pa5t1s , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hello @Ruby G.
    Congratulations to the team for the newborn !
    I have a question about USB-C : how far are you going to implement it ? Charge, OTG, Audio ... Video-out one day ?

14. amourati
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

15. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 30, 2018

pa5t1s , Oct 30, 2018 :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.led.notify

16. paragd14
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

17. mwazar01
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

mwazar01 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Yes, it was a OnePlus event but it's still a T-Mobile service plan and a rebate given by T-Mobile. The 6t is the first OnePlus phone carried by a US carrier. This event was in the US. Why wouldn't OnePlus talk about T-Mobile selling this phone? T-Mobile successfully launching this phone benefits OnePlus and a successful launch looks better than a failure - look at the failed launch of the Essential Phone on Sprint. If you go to T-Mobiles website, the landing page is the 6t. Most Americans have no idea what OnePlus is - hopefully the Trade in over from T-Mobile will help bring in new customers and steal some sales from Apple, Samsung and Google. Here's in the U.S. most phone's launch with a rebate because they are given monthly over 2 years and act as a way to lock you into a carrier. You have improperly started that the rebate is from OnePlus - it's not. It's from T-Mobile and trust me, we pay for it with higher rates than much of the world. Sprint is giving away the new Apple phone if you switch and take the phone for 2 years. That's basically a 2 year contract to stay with them. Do you complain to Apple about that? I have no idea what carrier you have you what you pay or if you even but from a carrier, but i do know that i should not complain until i know the facts and the correct facts - otherwise it's just whining.

18. skifarterking
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

skifarterking , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Louis S.
    Hi, can you please explain why sticking with type-c 2.0 and not moving to a far better 3.1?
    It's already hard to justify the removal of the headphone jack (could have easily put a 3500mAh battery and keep it like the Oppo r17), and 2.0 doesn't give the full advantages type-c offers.
    For example, I know you will sell the type-c to jack adapter, but on the market there are many good adapters that can let you charge and use the jack at the same time (you should make one too BTW double type-c or type-c+jack), however with 2.0 they are useless, it's either one or the other, you cannot do both. On the other hand with 3.1 you can and all the other benefits that comes with it, faster transfer, Power Delivery, HDMI out, etc.
    As OnePlus always pride itself to provide the best user experience, in my opinion you always lack a little something, attentions to most of the details, not at all the details.
    Like I said you gave us a big annoyance (your own poll about the jack was pretty clear), give us something better in returns.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

nilz22 likes this.
  19. the caramel one
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

the caramel one , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Seeing the new oneplus explorer backpack being priced at $99, a $30 premium over the last gen backpack at ($69) what sets the two backpack apart that warrents the $30 price increase?
    Tagging: @Bob X.

Huigiebaby likes this.
  20. Navneet Bhargava
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2018