Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eltjon.Goxhaj
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

2. TheCrazyDutch
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

TheCrazyDutch , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Read the first post...

3. rahibrasheed
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

4. grenva
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

grenva , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hey guys and gals at OnePlus,

First, congrats on another epic release. Super pumped to be getting the 6t. Im also super excited y'all are releasing another fantastic looking backpack; the explorer edition. However, I myself and many others were bummed to find out that it will require an invite code to purchase. I thought those days were behinds us? You're a major company. If you dont have the supply chain to release, don't release it, otherwise, start your production run earlier to better prepare for day one sales. This isn't new tech, or a new high-tech phone, rather its merely a (very good looking) backpack. It feels like your trying the kickstarter/Supreme model of creating artificial supply problems to build hype, in hopes of further sales further down the line, or a luxury/exclusivity tax. WHAT GIVES?

5. amitmech17
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

6. Albert Soto
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Albert Soto , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Manu. Llegará alguna actualización a oxygen os para que solo tocando una vez la pantalla encienda la función del lector en pantalla para ocasiones que esté el oneplus6t sobre la mesa y no tener que levantarlo. Gracias

7. G_Jimmy_Cruz_kMzr
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

G_Jimmy_Cruz_kMzr , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hi Ruby, it's says awarded a trophy , was that meant for me or for everyone ? what was the thropy by the way ? Thank you .

8. aqader99_99
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

9. Sharmaharsh1712
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

Sharmaharsh1712 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Carl and @Manu , as OnePlus 6T comes with Android Pie out of the box, will it get two major Android updates i.e. Android Q & R ?? or same as OnePlus 6 i.e. Android Q ?

10. F_Tushar_Bhate_dlaM
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

F_Tushar_Bhate_dlaM , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Carl #amazon during last last cheated /tricked me into buying OnePlus6, when I had bought/ paid the pre-booking for OnePlus6 T.
    as OnePlus6 is being discontinued so you have any further assistance for OnePlus6.
    will the product be supported?

11. ItsTaif
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

12. F_Tushar_Bhate_dlaM
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

13. P1540922847963
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

P1540922847963 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Vito L. How will the $300 cashback for old phones work outside the US? Will this be available in Europe too? My dad has a OP3T and is considering a switch to the OP6T, would love it if that was available here too.

14. sionmnt
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

sionmnt , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Which software features of the OnePlus 6T sre coming to the OnePlus 5T?

15. SuperVegita
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

16. NateInOG
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

NateInOG , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hi,

Not sure who to tag.

@Carl -
    @Manu.
    @Louis S.

I have questions about the tmobile variant.

Will the tmobile variant perform differently on the tmobile network than that of the normal unlocked version? Download speed and such.

I use tmobile and currently have a OnePlus 3T. Will the software updates that we normally get from you, be delayed, if using the tmobile version of the OnePlus 6T rather than the unlocked version? I know I ran into this issue when I bought a Nexus 6 through tmobile. The normal Nexus 6 updates would come out for the device and months later, I might get them on my Nexus 6 whereas I had friends who brought their unlocked Nexus 6 to tmobile and would get updates on schedule.

I am mostly just curious about this but what is the story with only single sim support for the tmobile version? Could we simply get a dual sim tray and use the second sim if wanted or is there an actual motherboard difference? I have not tried to use a second sim on my OnePlus 3T but I like having the option should I need it.

I have not tried the new OnePlus 6T yet but do hope that the loudspeaker is much improved. My 3T is not very loud and often times when driving or with other activities that one might want to have their hands free. It is hard to hear the device when using the loudspeaker. Has there been any work focused on making the loudspeaker better?

Will there ever be a OnePlus device that has Stereo speakers? Makes it nice for gaming, music or video watching.

Thanks,
    Nate

17. Klefth
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Klefth , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Do CTIA in-line controls work through the USB-C to 3.5mm jack adapter?

18. G_Anoush_Nathwani_PcpL
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

G_Anoush_Nathwani_PcpL , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Manu. Will the always on display be brought back? Especially with the likes of the larger battery and now the new under-display fingerprint reader, it would make sense. Thank you.

19. robmiester25
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

20. scorpionredblack
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2018

scorpionredblack , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Have you ever thought about creating a smartphone that has a metal edge of the slots in which a bumper can be integrated to protect all sides of the smartphone from falls? I thought about it and I would like a phone like that, that does not ruin the beauty of the phone but that it is also protected without adding a cover.
    Sorry my bad English.