Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahir jamil
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

2. Chunkun
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Chunkun , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hi @Louis S.

I was on the conference in NYC, I just wondering, if this new OP6T comes with a new audio sound speaker? I am a really fan of Dolby Atmos or a high quality audio performance.

Thanks again, great OP6T at Pier36

Sincerely,

Mr Leon

3. G_Toader_Mihali_CfFJ
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

G_Toader_Mihali_CfFJ , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Carl Going forward OnePlus prices are growing, which leads us to less affordable prices in 2 years. What's the company plan to stay where they started for theirs fans/users?

@Manu Now with the led notifications gone how do I know I have a new notification without waking the device?

4. John Abdalla
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

John Abdalla , Oct 30, 2018 :
    When does the red Edition comes out? I loved it on the 6 and i can't wait to get it on the 6t ❤.

5. delpinsky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2018

delpinsky , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Manu. is it possible to unlock the phone via fingerprint scanner when the display is sleeping?
    Or is it only possible to unlock it via double tap to wake and then using the fingerprint scanner?

It would be perfect and faster being able to unlock the phone when the screen if off.

6. Manish_Saha
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

7. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Oct 30, 2018

the_o2 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Hi @Louis S. and @Kale W. Why the 8+128GB model of 6T still exists when there is 6+128GB is available at much better price and Android doesn't need 8GB of RAM, doesn't you think 8+128 is irrelevant combination now :)

Especially in Indian market where the price difference between 6 and 8 GB ram model is 4000₹ almost equivalent to 55$ USD.

Previously the difference was 5000₹ but we were getting the extra 64GB of storage..

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

Topper_Gas likes this.
  8. F_Atish_Patel_aBRh
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

9. G_diks_patel_QziJ
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

10. G_diks_patel_QziJ
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

11. G_diks_patel_QziJ
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

12. sheema nafees
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

13. G_diks_patel_QziJ
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

14. Egor Bryzgalov
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

Egor Bryzgalov , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Do you have any plans to become a leader on the market? Are you going to create new products or to follow current line?

15. wsrobert
    Froyo Oct 30, 2018

wsrobert , Oct 30, 2018 :
    No questions, @Carl. But want to post about my experience yesterday at "your" event.

I was the 39th person in line at the launch event at the T-Mobile in Times Square yesterday. I waited for over 5 hours, in the cold. This is the third time I've done this for a OnePlus pop up event in NYC (also likely the last). I've owned every OnePlus device launched - except for the 2 and the X. And at times, I've owned multiple of the same device considering my wifes own use.

For 5 hours, while waiting in this line - myself and many around me continually asked the people working the event what devices were available within the store. And every single person gave a different answer. Literally, every single time the same questions were asked, the answer varied. I specifically was asking what I thought were straightforward questions:
    1. What variants are available?
    2. What colors are available?
    3. What's the price for the variants available?
    I came to the event, like I came to the OnePlus 6 event and the OnePlus 5 events - to buy an unlocked, dual sim model. The same model and variant that OnePlus has always made available at these events. And the same model that will launch on the website on Thursday. But, I eventually learned, this wasn't a "OnePlus" event - it was a "T-Mobile Event". Which meant that only single sim models would be available - which nobody in the line even knew existed until conflicting information started being shared with those of us waiting. Further, only single sim models in one color, storage and ram configuration. A significant departure from the experience at all other OnePlus events.

BUT, I only got a definitive answer once inside the store - after I'd waited for 5 hours in the cold. And even then, it took 10 minutes and three people to tell me the answer to what I thought was a straightforward question. Once inside, I learned that an unlocked model was being sold. But it was being sold at a $40 premium. Yet it still only had a single sim. So to buy unlocked, it would cost $40 and include less functionality than what can be bought from OnePlus directly. But to even get to that point required multiple people asking other people if the "unlocked" model was truly unlocked - meaning the variant sold on OnePlus.com - or just an unlocked t-mobile model. As already detailed, it was the latter.

I was 39th in line, waited 5 hours and left without a phone. And I was intending to buy 3 yesterday - one for myself, brother and wife. I've given OnePlus thousands of dollars at this point. And I have to say - the experience at this event was at best incredibly frustrating. And at worst, a giant disappointment. This is my fear as OnePlus moves into carrier partnerships and relationships - attention to the small things, the details, will slip. The experience of owning a OnePlus device might slip. Timely security updates might slip. And if the experience of this launch event is any indication, the odds are much higher of all that happening than not.

The event itself was well run and well organized. But the information available from the, at least 50 people working the event, was abysmal. And therefore left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth as a consumer who's spent thousands with you at this point. And frankly, I'm not sure if I want to continue to give OnePlus my money.

Have no idea what to expect from taking the time to write this (I've also emailed your support). I don't generally do such things. But I wasted half a day of my life with nothing to show for it because of the way information was handled in the lead up to this event and the communication with the people willing to hand over money for your products while there. And I think its important for people to be aware of what the expansion into traditional carriers might mean for their experience with your brand moving forward.

Thanks for reading.

amt1989 likes this.
  16. F_Gabriel_Figueiredo_zxE
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

17. IActionman
    Donut Oct 30, 2018

IActionman , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Carl do we have international version of 6T like the first one or does we have different version with different bands for 4G

18. Pelski
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

19. amt1989
    Eclair Oct 30, 2018

amt1989 , Oct 30, 2018 :
    Will using a usb-PD charger harm the 6t?
    It works fine on the 3t as it negotiates a lower Amperage

20. erithod
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2018

erithod , Oct 30, 2018 :
    @Bob X Is there going to be a smart speaker from one plus? Your design is top notch, would be great :)