Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Oct 31, 2018

R_Patni likes this.
  2. xdrushxd
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

xdrushxd , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Hi there @Manu@Louis S. ,

Why did you guys NOT implement wireless charging and didn't make it waterproof? These where the only 2 options i missed on the phone everything else i would say looks great! Love how you put the gestures in the OS.

3. Q1538357116394
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

4. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 31, 2018

GopalB. , Oct 31, 2018 :
    But no samples were shown after that AV...

So it just enhances the face and not make just the face standout like in iPhone???

Mark Falsing likes this.
  5. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Oct 31, 2018

Mark Falsing , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Not just enhances the face, depending on lighting etc it is designed to create the best possible photo of the face as a pro photographer would shoot it, but not just beautifying it as you see on some phones for example.
    I am however curious to see if this function is disabled in Pro Mode

6. AlbertoK
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

AlbertoK , Oct 31, 2018 :
    why you have choose to not insert led notification and stereo speaker?
    nice shot finally the optic stabilizer...

7. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 31, 2018

GopalB. , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Oh...
    I got confused by the name...

Also, its a feature for front cam right??? So how will pro mode work here!!! :p

8. G_Amit_Badhe_hpyg
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

G_Amit_Badhe_hpyg , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Hello One Plus,
    Really dreaming of one plus from 5t from 6t but not able to purchase, but from last 6 months i'm working on weekends and some freelancing. So what do you think i've waited so far for this product can i take one plus 6t or wait for One Plus7
    Expecying answer from one plus people because they said their product is only for flagship community which hit me as a motivation.

9. Svenson Veigas
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

Svenson Veigas , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Hey there OnePlus team!

First of all awesome job on the 6T, can't wait to get my hands on it! It'll be my first OnePlus device and I'm super excited about it.

1. @Carl Considering that the 6T did away with the 3.5mm jack and is surely has much better water resistance than the ones that do, an IP code has not been added. Can you give us some insight on this?
    2. @Manu. What's the major tweak in the OxygenOS to make the device faster than its predecessors?
    3. @Bob X. The Nylon bumper case seems to be the preferred case amongst the reviewers. Any plans for it to hit the amazon.in store soon?
    4. @Kale W. Any future plans for tie-ups in the Middle East for pre-orders? (Couldn't wait for the 6T to hit the stores in Kuwait and pre-ordered it from India)
    Keep up the amazing work!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018

10. George MartinAbel
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

George MartinAbel , Oct 31, 2018 :
    @Manu. When will OP move to monthly security updates and align with the Google release cycle?

One of the reasons I have stayed with Google phones (Nexus 1, Nexus 4, Nexus 6P) has been the fact they they release regular monthly updates which include security patches. Your customer base uses the mobile for banking, and storing lots of sensitive personal information. Knowing that the phone has the latest patches to keep that safe is important, at least for me.

The reasons I will switch away from Google are :-

1) Price, in the past they have been very good value but that has disappeared with the latest phones.

2) Lock-in, the nonsense with only allowing Google certified wireless chargers to charge at the fast rate smacks of lock in and gouging customers.

Looking forward to getting my hands on 6T to see what it's like then hopefully an order. All the best for the new phone!

Cheers, George

11. ParvathyVaisakh
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

ParvathyVaisakh , Oct 31, 2018 :
    @Carl @ Louis
    why don't you bring up more upgradation to camera quality. ? it's still good, but comparing to other companies , I think they provide much features than this . eg wide selfies, etc.

I'm from India ,to be exact Kerala. I would like to know when you are planning to start up ur offline store and office at Kochi or Trivandrum since you have already started your office at all other Metro areas in India.

12. _prasanth_sharkzz_
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

_prasanth_sharkzz_ , Oct 31, 2018 :
    ss bro it's work fine even with temper glass
    works without any problems
    and quick as normal

13. Louis Rodrigues
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

Q1538357116394 likes this.
  14. Louis Rodrigues
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

15. ShlokSoni
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

ShlokSoni , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I purchased the amazon gift card for OP 6T. Should i purchase OP tommorow or Nov 2 to get the offers?

16. Ma2002rio
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 31, 2018

Ma2002rio , Oct 31, 2018 :
    What would you like to change for the next oneplus (Oneplus 7), or rather improve? :D

17. Harshiv Bargotra
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

Harshiv Bargotra , Oct 31, 2018 :
    In oneplus 6T , when you use your finger print scanner a bright light from the animations rises , which could blind a person for some seconds, at night in the bed , what can OnePlus do to overcome that?

18. Harshiv Bargotra
    Donut Oct 31, 2018

Harshiv Bargotra , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Oneplus always listens to us , this is one of the main reason oneplus is love , so most of us was in support of 3.5MM JACK , why you removed it and even after its removal atleast you should have added a feature of wireless charging ,atleast in glass black version.

#oneplus_is_love

19. Mr.Doge
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

Mr.Doge , Oct 31, 2018 :
    @Jimmy Z.

Is the second sensor really useful for the 6T? I know it is used for portrait mode but Google showed that it is possible to have a good portrait mode with only one sensor. So what's your opinion on this? Did you consider a telephoto or wide angle lens instead?

20. F_Bhushansing_Vayas_PrTw
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

F_Bhushansing_Vayas_PrTw , Oct 31, 2018 :
    I request you to please justify on negative fetures of 6T.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO IMPROVE THE SAME OR CAN WE EXPECT THE SAME TO BE RECTIFY IN NEXT UPGRADED MODEL.

Attached Files: