Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muharrem1961
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

2. dhairyarc1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2018

dhairyarc1 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Oneplus said the believe in community then ditching headphone jack and notification light isn't the right move even in the poll by @Carl 87% people wanted jack still they ditched well I really hope they see on pricing for the same variant but different color its way too high priced @Louis Bakewell @Kale

3. dhairyarc1

@Carl In all the updates for 3/3t nothing has improved nor the heating scenario nor the camera improvements even camera version is same do you really care for older devices maintaining old devices means alot to the community 3/3t is heater after last updates please see on older devices not just on new would be big step towards community @Manu J. @Bob C. @Louis Bakewell

4. dhairyarc1

Need more sharpness in photos both in the front and the back camera. can't tolerate the lack of details in photos. sharpness in videos should be even more accurate compared to other flagship devices. previous phones of OnePlus such as OnePlus 3/3t, OnePlus 5/5t and OnePlus 6 should get camera updates. looking forward to do wonders with my OnePlus 5 3/3t I own each and every oneplus but 3/3t have been dropped just like oneplus 2 I am not asking for portrait mode in 3/3t but an software based portrait is possible isn't it . Even in recent updates the 3/3t have been converted into heating machine even with installing apps please look over old devices not just new oneplus is now big company community doesn't matter to them now If our voice matters then please do reply us @Carl @Manu J.

LOYAL ONEPLUS FAN

5. nithesh.rs
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

nithesh.rs , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Carl @Jimmy Z. @Manu J. @Bob C.
    I have an idea for the notification led light, why not use the pixels below the notch border for the same, it will look creative too.
    I'm not interested in using the third party apps available to use the display as notification light.:(

I have booked my Oneplus6T!!! :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

6. F_Abhiram_Eswara_XPys
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

F_Abhiram_Eswara_XPys , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Manu. the 6T has no notification LED, and I'm pretty sure that's something we'll miss. It's really useful and it's a shame it had to be removed. But given the size of that notch it's understandable.
    I was wondering about an alternative to that. Since the screens are AMOLED, and each LED can be individually turned on and off with the rest of the screen being black, would it be possible to assign a particular spot on the screen to act as a notification LED?
    It could glow with the colour appropriate to the app, and it might not use that much battery either. You could even adjust its position slightly from time to time to prevent pixel burnout. What are your thoughts on that? Is it viable?

7. F_Abhiram_Eswara_XPys
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

F_Abhiram_Eswara_XPys , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Great minds... [e]1f60f[/e]

nithesh.rs likes this.
  8. G_Matt_Goodman_DwGK
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

9. Terry_Vhal
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

10. Sidhu Gajula
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

11. Biza25
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Biza25 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    hey there I'm trying to connect my PS4 via hotspot on my op6
    but keep getting a DNS ERROR can you please be helpful and explain how to fix this?

12. AMRITESHSINGH04
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

13. F_Karthik_Setty_eVMW
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

F_Karthik_Setty_eVMW , Nov 1, 2018 :

This is insane. OnePlus 5T released on November 21 2017 which is close to an year. 5T users are still running on Oxygen OS 5.1.x and still not getting Android P. Do you expect the 5T users to buy 6T?

I am sure OnePlus will be losing users just because of this one reason.

Hope the community supports my comments. Please support me to create our voices heard.

gotshoaib likes this.
  14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 1, 2018

15. V1540888424296
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

16. maulik_soni
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

maulik_soni , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I had the same doubt before BUT there's an option in the settings to one tap to wake up screen and start reading finger if it's at the same place as the FP sensor (as seen on some youtube videos).

17. Dresa91
    Android Q Nov 1, 2018

Dresa91 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Carl - Co-founder (He will join us from India!)
    Are you planning to launch devices with - let's say - 5 inch size? I mean: not everyone likes devices, which are getting bigger and bigger :) I loved Sony's strategy here: a "normal" model and a comapct model - same specs :)

@Manu. - OxygenOS (NYC)
    Hey :) I know you are having a new UI for OP6T, which will surely make the way to OP6. can we old users for OP3/3T expect this new UI with the Pie update - as a last present? :)
    And: Since there isn't a LED for notifications, are you planning such feature based on the OS/software? :)

@Louis S. - OnePlus 6 Product Manager (NYC)
    Are other color options für OP6T planned? :)

@Bob X. - Accessories (HQ)
    Some accessories are quickly out of stock . How do you plan the amount of the "first" stock storage? And: how do you plan to restock (e.g. on which base do you plan the amount)?

@Jimmy Z. - Camera Product Manager (HQ)
    Do we really need more lenses? what is your opinion? There are different strategies: Google's and for example Samsung's. What is the strategy for OnePlus? :) More lenses (3 and more) or focus on software and make a better software?

@Kale W. - E-commerce Lead (HQ)
    You always plan different actions for India.
    In Europ, for example, the devices are more expensive from the ground up due to politics, etc.. Do you also plan many special actions in Europe in the future like you do it permanently for India?:)

Special thanks to @Ruby G. for the AMA :)

18. xkanedax
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

xkanedax , Nov 1, 2018 :
    It's nice to see the return of the front facing finger print reader. When will the 3.5mm headphone jack come back, and the notch disappear? This is the 3rd phone since the 5, and its not looking too good. Especially with the steady increase in the price of each model. Do you see these features returning in the near future? I thoroughly enjoy my OP5, and hope to see a great new phone lacking these new hardware fads.

19. Riwong5
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

20. Saggad
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018