Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sedp23
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Sedp23 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Will the 6t on T-Mobile continue to get updates for 2 or 3 years like you guys always do or are we stuck wit whatever updates TMobile decides to put out?

2. jamilu
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Eugenocide likes this.
  3. G_Dipak_Devalia_OrUe
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

4. Logan_Brown25
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Logan_Brown25 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Bob X. I was wondering if we can expect a tempered glass screen protector in the near future? I have owned the OnePlus 3 & 5T and no 3rd party protectors worked as well as the ones I got directly from OnePlus. Want to make the switch to the 6T but probably wont until there is some sort of protection. Thanks!

Eugenocide likes this.
  5. Koushik Vinnakota
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Koushik Vinnakota , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Why are you delaying the software development for oneplus 5&5t...are there any chances to get camera features for older devices?

6. Eugenocide
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Eugenocide , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Bob X I want to get a tempered glass screen protector for my new 6t as soon as possible. Will the 6 version for sale now on the oneplus website fit properly, or do I need to wait for a 6t one to be released to the site? If so, when does the site get updated with it?

7. SHUBHAMRAJPAL
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

SHUBHAMRAJPAL , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Gary C. @Manu J. @Carl Why did u guys not use heat dissipation pipe inside 6t? It would have been really interesting to see a heat pipe that would have allowed regulation of temperature . Hope u guys address this feature in future op devices

8. ajitesh singh juneja
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

ajitesh singh juneja , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Why was the LED notification light compromised? .. You could have adjust it anywhere on the notch or chin.. What do we get in return of the LED... How to now check notifications when the display is off?

9. Anand.mad24
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Anand.mad24 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I got the 6T first thing first... amazing device.... My 7th oneplus device. I have one question the in screen fingerprint scanner doesn't work when the screen is off we need to turn on the screen either with tap or Power button right?

10. vivektr21
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

11. Sanathraj Shetty
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Sanathraj Shetty , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Don't you think it's a little bit of high price for OnePlus 6T because there's a huge competitions in the market even though OnePlus is an awesome brand some may look at the price only and think in a negative way , what do you think about this?

12. NikoI
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

NikoI , Nov 1, 2018 :
    In the future with the 7 do you plan to have a full edge to edge, no notch, no chin display?

13. pavluka
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

14. Thijs_Biemans
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

Thijs_Biemans , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I bought the oneplus 6t at the Amsterdam pop-up and after using it for a day it's been a amazing phone, now it has 50% remaining while I already have just over 4 hours of sot. now the question: I already have a dash charger from my op3T but the inside of the USBC plug is a little bit corroded, is it safe to use that cable with my new OP6T or am I better of buying a replacement cable @Bob X.? thanks already!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

15. Amirt85
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

16. HReflex
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

HReflex , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Is the USB-C to 3.5mm dongle an active or passive adapter and if is passive, how does the phone treat active cables as my current 3T will not pass audio over the USB-C connector when the display is off.

Edit: Forgot to tag @Bob X.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

17. SaiPhanindra
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

SaiPhanindra , Nov 1, 2018 :
    As a No.1 Premium Flagship mobile can we know how the oneplus 6T gets a unique representation from others

18. ActuallyAkshay
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

ActuallyAkshay , Nov 1, 2018 :
    OnePlus without a doubt offers the best value for money, however, I always found the camera to be a bit lacking. It's good don't get me wrong, but can I feel that software has some way to go in order to be comparable to the Pixel. As a consumer, camera is #1 for me.

Any plans to do a deep innovation for the camera for the OnePlus 7/7T?

@jimmyz

19. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Manu J. , Nov 1, 2018 :
    We have improved our ambient display - you can pick up your phone to show notifications and tap the screen to show new notifications. These features will help you to check new notifications without turning on the display

20. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Manu J. , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Always on Display is a great feature to have on a smartphone. However, we are still considering the functional value vs power consumption of this feature before we implement it.