Share your questions in the OnePlus 6T AMA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 1, 2018 :
    If you're talking about the T-Mobile US program, that's something that they run. Our operator partners in Europe might be running their own, different programs, as well.

On oneplus.com, we run our own trade-in program. It covers Europe, and covers the OnePlus One. You can find a link in the footer of our main website.

2. Carl

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Talk to @David Y about that ;)

3. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2018

florincostescu , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Carl how will your company cope with the additional complexity given by new distribution through carriers. All operational aspects will increase in an aggressive manner. Is there a plan to cover all this? How?

4. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Manu J. , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Camera features are dependent on hardware and might not be available on older models, but software improvements such as Gestures 2.0 and smart boost will be available on all 5 and 5T

5. Infinite_Power
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

mihai.arsin likes this.
  6. K1540840419699
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

K1540840419699 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Are any of the available 6T cases dual layer? (rubber and hard shell?) It was difficult to tell by the photos. Thank you!

7. lcarabez
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

lcarabez , Nov 1, 2018 :
    When OnePlus will be available in México ??? I used to have the OnePlus1, after that the OnePlus2 and now I just buoyed the OnePlus6 but there is a kind of difficult to buy it.

8. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Hey folks, regarding the T-Mobile edition OnePlus 6T, @Kameron S already answered some questions, check out his post [HERE] for more info.

9. Manu J.
    Global Product Operations Manager Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Stickied Post
    Manu J. , Nov 1, 2018 :
    OnePlus and T-Mobile are partnering to bring all the great future feature enhancements and fixes to both sets of devices in a timely manner as possible. Due to the additional level of certification required by T-Mobile on all software releases, there may be a slight offset but we are working diligently to minimize this period in all instances.
    for more details check https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...nd-t-mobile-partnership.933398/#post-19390357

10. Carl

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 1, 2018 :
    We wanted to maximize the amount of screen real estate while minimizing bezels from all sides. In terms of suggestions for future products, keep them coming. We consider all suggestions seriously.

We believe that it would unnecessarily create waste and increase the price of our products for something people already own. And most likely, they already own a pair of earphones that are better than what's usually included in the box.

11. ebowlotus1960
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

12. andredias
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

andredias , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Carl Now that the notification led is sadly gone, will the oos team implement something like 'noled' from the playstore, where a few pixel from the oled form a notification led? I feel like that would be a great addition and i'd prefer it over an AOD.

13. Carl

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Screen Unlock. It's so futuristic and science fiction, yet it's already here!

14. configbias
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

configbias , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Hi @Carl, @Manu J.
    There's one thing I have noticed about my S.O.'s OnePlus 6, - strange delay when typing on the keyboard. Some have speculated that this is a result of a higher touch latency with the digitizer.

I'm comparing directly to my Pixel 1 XL and I can't get over the strange delay between typing keys, you can see that the popup of the key when pressed holds seemingly longer on the 6 as compared to my device. Its a strange delay that makes it difficult to type quickly.

Has this at all been addressed on the 6t?

Thanks.

15. LPFire
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

LPFire , Nov 1, 2018 :
    What's the speed of OnePlus 6T's inscreen fingerprintreader compared to let's say the OnePlus 5?

Will the new OxygenOS be more customizable than it's older versions?

What will actually change in the new version with Android Pie?

16. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 1, 2018

17. Carl

Stickied Post
    Carl , Nov 1, 2018 :
    One step at a time... We want to share our technology experiences with as many as possible, but can only focus on a couple of things at a time, if we want to do them well.

18. forever4kish
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

forever4kish , Nov 1, 2018 :
    @Manu J. Why don't you add video calling feature in basic dialer as it's a basic feature n available across all Android phones starting from rs.4000 / usd55

19. KShivaPrasad
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

20. czooosnek
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018